[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the archlinux of bsd distros? I want something that will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: FreeBSD_daemon_large.jpg (247KB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
FreeBSD_daemon_large.jpg
247KB, 900x950px
What is the archlinux of bsd distros? I want something that will work on new hardware (chromebook) and has lots of packages.
>>
>>56481774
FreeBSD I suppose.
Then there's inherent shit security with BSD and FreeBSD's portsnap vulnerability that could not be fixed for months now.

Use a distro that let's you work, not makes you work
>>
>>56482004
/thread

Also, majority of BSD flavors come as minimal installs. They don't require as much setup as Arch but are pretty close. So, any really.

but Like the man said, just don't do it. Go with something that works i.e. Linux
>>
>>56481774
ArchBSD.
>>
>>56481774
>BSD
>Lots of packages

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>56481774
PacBSD is literally the ArchLinux of BSDs.
>>
>>56482394
I thought archbsd or pacbsd was dead?
>>
>>56482004
>inherent shit security with !OpenBSD
ftfy

If you use FreeBSD over OpenBSD you're actually a fucked up retard dipshit. FreeBSD is worse than blowing raw eggs into your asshole with a straw
>>
File: 1473288122138.png (849KB, 1092x5108px) Image search: [Google]
1473288122138.png
849KB, 1092x5108px
>>56482458
BTFO
>>
Install arch linux.
It's the arch linux of linuxs
>>
>>56482458
OpenBSD has no drivers
>>
>>56482411
ArchBSD has rebranded to PacBSD.
>>
>>56482496
Or... ORRRR, just use a real distro like Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, OpenSuse and actually do some real work. If the only work you are doing is installing a system you're just a glorified home IT guy.
>>
>>56482567
What makes you think Arch will not let you do ""real work""? What's with this wincuck mentality
>>
>>56482567
Tell me 1 (ONE) thing that Ubuntu/Fedora/Debian can do while Arch can't
>>
>>56482474
>posting the worst fucking troll blog
Here we... here we... here we fucking go
>OpenBSD was not designed with security in mind
Utter fucking bullshit. For the record FreeBSD has seemingly never had security taken into consideration, that's why there have been far more vulnerabilities and stupid fuckups in FreeBSD.
>No MAC
Complexity is the enemy of security
>Ports aren't audited
Neither are FreeBSD ports. Do you actually expect all the fucking pieces of software to be individually inspected? Fuck off. Don't use shitty insecure software and put in the time to lock it down.
>sendmail and BIND in base
Incorrect! Your bait is seriously out of date as replacements for these daemons have been written long ago.
In conclusion, it is evident that you are a low effort low energy fanboy shill for a shit operating system and you should fucking neck yourself. Get a trip while you're at it so I can filter your faggot ass.
>>
>>56482587
>>56482620
It's not about it not being able to do work. It's about setup time and wasting time customizing the system. I've used Arch off and on. I have nothing against it. It is just a waste of time once everything you can learn from it you have. It's a janky system made for those who want to learn. Not for those that want to do.
>>
>>56482655
>Anything that points out how shit OpenBSD is becomes a troll
I love to think how autists look like when they are in full damage control

>Complexity is the enemy of security
>Turns on aggressive mitigations

Furthermore
Ports is what makes BSD systems inherently insecure
>>
>>56482655
So you don't place flaws in a system on the makers of that system?

interesting
>>
Take all this shitposting and misinfornation to the BSD general, please. >>56470526
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.