[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple warns new glossy Jet Black iPhone 7 finish will scratc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: iphone-7-top.png (196KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-7-top.png
196KB, 1600x800px
Apple warns new glossy Jet Black iPhone 7 finish will scratch easily, recommends using case.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/07/apple-warns-jet-black-iphone-7-scratches/
>>
that shit is so sexy why would i put a case on it? fuuuuu apple and their annoyingly good aesthetics (when they do it right, not when they design shit like watchOS)
>>
>>56479466
My love for how good this phone looks is equaled only by my hatred for micro abbrasions. I'm completely torn. Damn you apple!
>>
holy shit admitting to a scratch gate before it even comes out lmao
>>
>>56479125
>2016
>>>>>>>>glossy plastic
>>
So what's the point?

Today is the day that Apple died.

Even Apple loving journalists are turning on them
>>
>>56479659
funny that when i read that the song "all good things (come to an end)" played haha
>>
>>56479125
Like anyone needs to be told that.
>>
The matte black looks infinitely better anyway.
>>
>>56479125
I'm getting some deja vu here
>>
>>56479772
whoah, you can charge that and listen to music at the same time?
>>
>>56479817
Kek
>>
>>56479125
>spend $899 on a smartphone with state-of-the-art materials and manufacturing process so it looks fucking majestic
>you have to either cover it with a shitty plastic case so no one can appreciate the aesthetics or let it be full of scratches and ruined after 2 weeks

Why are designers so fucking retarded?
>>
>>56479817
>Not having 159 dollar premium wireless airpods lasting a full 5 (FIVE) hours!
By the time your airpods are low on battery your phone will be charged and you can then use that charger to charge up those airpods!
It's a most genius cycle of life that apple invented!
>>
>>56480027
i listen to podcasts at night and charge the phone at the same time. Now, i'd either have to stop listening to podcasts or buy wireless earphones .

Even then i'd have to remember to charge the wireless earphones in the morning so that i can use them during the day.
>>
>>56480331
>Now, i'd either have to stop listening to podcasts or buy wireless earphones .
You could also like, you know, not buy that phone?
I'm still rocking the 4 and see no reason at all to upgrade.
Might get a 4S once they're down to 120 bucks (seen them for 159 last week-.
>>
>>56480404
I meant that if i bought the iphone 7 then i'd have to do that. I am pretty happy with my iphone 6 and nexus 6p.

Am i the only one who feels that any phone above $400 if fine for any need for almost everyone? Why does /g/ still think that android flagships lag in real world performance?
>>
>>56479659
>citations needed.

the phone is not what the geeks want but it's everything the rest of the world wants.
The trend is people are buying wireless headphones in lieu of what's in the box.
Audiophiles who spend hundreds on wired headphones are niche and aren't buying them to commute and exercise with.
>>
>>56482433
Im a sound engineer for basically every band on this half of my state and I'll stand by $10 disposable earbuds for portability till the day I die
Nobodys mad that its wireless, they're mad that it's expensive and proprietary
Luckily everybody knows that 3.5mm dying (from a cell phone design at that) is about as likely as power cables dying
>>
>>56482433
Would you really want to commute or work out with wireless headphones though?

If a wired headphone falls out on a busy train or on a jog, it will dangle across your chest.

If a wireless headphone falls out, you've lost it.
>>
>>56482610
I too wonder how easy it'll be to find single wireless earbuds scattered across the earth
>>
>>56479553

It's called thinking ahead.

They know that they have a huge target on them for shit like that, and that stupid users will say, "Hurr, why isn't it make of unscratchable diamond!?" so they just preempt any retardation. Won't stop it in the end. People will still complain.
>>
>>56479125
>the finish on the phone scratching easily is a feature now
>>
>>56479125
So uh... how many millimeters smaller did this get for the price of the audio jack?
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (100KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
100KB, 1200x1800px
>>56479125
Put it in a transparent case for the Apple Pro Mouse aesthetic.

Also you should be using a case anyways to not end up like one of those people that use a phone with a smashed display. I find that just funny.
>>
>Airpods are $159
>>
>>56482790
i am using both my iphone 6 and nexus 6p without a case. I have been using smartphones for years now and i haven't dropped my phone once.

I realize that their are people that are very clumsy but there are a good amount of people i know which don't use a case at all.
The difference between real world performance of $400 and $600+ phone has decreased so much that buying a $600+ phone just to put it in a case makes no sense.
>>
>>56482907
>I have been using smartphones for years now and i haven't dropped my phone once.

Do you have any insurance?
>>
>>56482907
Doesn't matter because iPhones will literally break in your pocket
>>
File: IMG_20160907_192914.jpg (537KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160907_192914.jpg
537KB, 1280x720px
so like my iphone 3g
>>
File: 1470862189417.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1470862189417.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>56482662
>"Hurr durr, how dare they complain about scratches stupid retards"
>"Apple is thinking ahead guyz. Instead of making a durable phone they're telling users to get cases, ISN'T THAT SO SMART GUYZ?!"
>>
>highly glossy thing can scratch

No, you don't fucking say. That being said, I've never seen a metal be so glossy. Imagine picking it up, cold and glossy in the hand.
>>
>>56479554

Fucking idiot doesn't even know what he's criticizing. It's aluminium you mouth-breathing sperg.
>>
>Esteban La Jobsa era
iPods are specifically designed to look good when beat up
>Now
"It's going to get scratched, pls no bully"
>>
>>56482662
>they just preempt any retardation

By outright admitting their own retardation? If I spit in your face you shouldn't be any more fine with it if I told you about it beforehand/
>>
File: HT1353_ipodtouchlate2009.jpg (61KB, 579x436px) Image search: [Google]
HT1353_ipodtouchlate2009.jpg
61KB, 579x436px
>>56482662
> intentionally designing a pocketable everyday device to not be durable to facilitate planned obsolescence
> not consumer hostile

they've been doing it for years, pic related had an intentionally scratchy aluminum back that looks like shit after a week
>>
>>56483660
After awhile, it looks like a brushed finish. Plastic just looks like shit, although it's easier to polish out when it gets scratched.
>>
>>56482433
>Audiophiles who spend hundreds on wired headphones are niche and aren't buying them to commute and exercise with.

Audiophiles who spend hundreds on wired headphones also spend hundreds on DACs so it's not like removing the jack will make any difference to them.
>>
>>56480489
because they do. my friend is always getting the newest samshit phone, and after a month it's always a laggy piece of trash
>>
>>56483282
that's plastic. the new one is some kind of crazy acryllic thing.
>>
Note 7 looks better than this plastic 'jet black' phone?

inb4 explosions
>>
>>56484318
acrylic is plastic m8
>>
>>56484318
>>56484661
>>56483282
>>56479772
it's gonna be polished aluminium like the trashcan pro. looks nice like fine china but gonna be a pain to keep clean.
>>
>>56479125
COURAGE
O
U
R
A
G
E
>>
>>56479817
that's such an outdated feature though!
>>
>>56483660
>not understanding what a fashion accessory is and how to market them properly
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.