[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how would I land a job at google? it seems like a pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

how would I land a job at google? it seems like a pretty chill work environment
>>
>>56471994 I guess you bought into the positive workplace bullshit
>>
Not by shitposting on /g/.
>>
>>56471994
If you're comfortable with recursion and large data sets you'll beat 95% of applicants.
>>
Judging from the picture I'd say either be a child or have autism.
>>
dude, most relevant IT companies in the world have comfy offices like that

it's basically a standard
>>
>>56473281
Top kek
>>
>>56471994
>draw inverse pentagram
>Light a black candle at every corner
>Sacrifice a goat

Congrats, you will now have a commune with a Google representative!
>>
File: IMG-20160827-WA0000.jpg (65KB, 800x811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160827-WA0000.jpg
65KB, 800x811px
Are you a gay transexual non-human kin belonging to a minority like american muslim?
If not you don't stand a chance
>>
Based on what I've read here and there it's the opposite of chill.
>>
>>56471994
>beanbag chair (child size)
>rocker
>pillows and futon
>lots of primary colours
When the most adult thing in a room is the tabletop soccer table you have a problem
>>
>>56471994
1. Create an anonymous image board
2. Make, and get cucked by your sjw gf
3. Sell the site after attracting enough controversy
4. Profit?
>>
>>56474309
DELET THIS
>>
Proper workplaces need multiple unrelated people working in close proximity. This will make an individual worker less likely to slack off or delay work.

I do not believe in comfy home-like workplaces because that doesn't work with me at all.
>>
>>56471994
Look for an available position at https://www.google.com/about/careers/

And maybe they will contact you to make a few interviews.

If you are going into programming positions, just make shure your data scructures being fine.

And relax :)

t. Google employee
>>
>>56474212
They give you a nice environment to work in with a lot of freedom but expect a lot from you in return.

This is true for most companies that you see having these "luxurious", "relaxing", or "chill" work places. It's a lot of give and take. If you are gonna spend an hour playing foosball you should expect to make up that hour in hard work. Maybe not that same day but it will definitely come around.

It also looks great from an outside perspective, helps improve recruiting if their workplace looks fun to be at.
>>
>>56473281
>black and red anime wallpaper on i3-gaps detected
>>
>>56471994
I used to have this teenager summerfag working for me at my last company, until this one summer I called him up and he was suddently working at google after some googlesomething camp.

He was pretty good tho, solved any task given.

So, git gud, go to googlesomething camp.
>>
>>56474159
You're retarded. Go back to /pol/ and /b/ and stay there.
>>
>>56475098
Stfu he's right.

Be a minority and get any opportunities you want. That's the way it is asshole.

Being a white dude hurts your career.
>>
>>56475098
It seems you haven't worked in a large organization

/pol/ is right
>>
>>56475714
I am a minority. Trust me it doesn't help at all. If anything, being white helps more than being a minority, that's just retarded to think that which makes me think you don't even understand what the word "minority" implies when it comes to numbers.
>>
File: EINSTEIN.jpg (27KB, 564x342px) Image search: [Google]
EINSTEIN.jpg
27KB, 564x342px
>>56475714
>>56476001
>>
>>56474654
I call B.S. ldap?
>>
>>56476300
Current top daily popular meme starts "History became legend. Legend became myth."
>>
>>56474159
>facebook memes
Impiccati
>>
>>56471994
Looks like an autistic kids playhouse
>>
>>56476030
>provides no evidence

Almost every tech company has a "diversity quota" (read: will hire skin color/sex over qualification or aptitude) Just because some top programmers happen to be white, it doesn't mean the company is discriminating against minorities/women.
>>
>>56471994
I toured their NYC workplace. Pretty awesome stuff. You'd have to really know your way around technology to get a job there. Programming, reverse a binary tree, etc.
>>
>>56479938

yeah... "looks like."
>>
File: kidsdance.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
kidsdance.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>56474309
KEK
>>
>>56471994
I work as developer on google, ama.

It's pretty nice, free food, snacks. I dont like the hangout areas as in your picture though.
>>
>>56480109
Or the majority of humans with a vagina. Or those that wish they do.
>>
How do I get a job where I can work from home?
>>
>>56475714
Bullshit
t. turbo autist spic
>>
>>56480495
Location and product area?
>>
File: Carl6.png (161KB, 219x354px) Image search: [Google]
Carl6.png
161KB, 219x354px
>>56474309
>>
>>56471994
convince them that you're some sort of oppressed class and you're in like Flynn, skill and knowledge don't matter one whit
>>
>>56480601
whiskey/whisky taster
>>
>>56480367
What have you done to this innocent gif?
>>
>>56474654
>make shure your data scructures being fine
>>
>>56476030
Google literally has an internship program just for minorities that are younger than they usually accept. Freshman and sophomore.
>>
File: u fokin wot mickey mouse.png (7KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
u fokin wot mickey mouse.png
7KB, 299x276px
>>56471994
>look for open positions
>make sure you're qualified
>send in application
>wait for a call or email
>don't throw bitch fit when rejected
>wait a while
>apply again for different position

>>56474309
You forgot the part where you host everything on mac minis in your basement like a faggot and then refuse to sell the site to anyone but micropenis japs because you're a weeaboo jew whore.

>>56479938
So why wouldn't /g/ like that?

>>56480495
What do you do? Do you work on Android or what? Please tell us more.
>>
>>56471994
Send an application. Holy shit are you really this autistic to not know the basic steps to get a job?
>>
it's actually a pretty cutthroat work environment, you will get fired promptly if you're not producing measurable results up to their standards.

this is how big companies stay profitable while spending a lot on getting and keeping high quality employees.

similar story @ valve
>>
>>56471994
Be a homosexual Jew
>>
>>56471994
>innovate some digital service millions of normals will hop onto
>get acquired by google
>enjoy working in x board of directors
bam
>>
>>56476030
>If anything, being white helps more than being a minority
>muh conspiracy theories excuse my lack of talent
>>
File: 1473202456452.jpg (60KB, 456x524px) Image search: [Google]
1473202456452.jpg
60KB, 456x524px
>>56487482
>>
>>56484175
They accept non-minority sophomores so long as they have the data structures and algorithms knowledge they test in interviews.

Source: I had interned at Google after my sophomore year. Pretty chill, made $6k/mo
>>
>>56476030
Are you serious?

For any large organization minority = diversity = public goodwill

HR departments are full of middle aged women who are about as unscientific when it comes to recruiting as it gets. They get thousands of capable applicants yet it's all about some distinguishing feature to set them above the rest.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.