[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i get into gay man development? I want to make gay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: images-1.jpg (18KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
18KB, 202x250px
How do i get into gay man development?

I want to make gay men for linux.
>>
>>56471125
Get Unity if you are a hipster with too much money.
Get Unreal Engine if you want professional software and don't want to think long term.
Get CryEngine if you are brave.

Go RPGMaker/GameMaker/custom engine if you are an indie shitter.
>>
>>56471600

this

it depends on what kind of game/quality you're aiming at, if it's going to be shit don't even bother trying to sell it because you'll perpetuate the "leenox gaymess s0xxorz"
>>
File: 1435708306925.png (461KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
1435708306925.png
461KB, 1059x962px
>linux
>>
>>56471600
>>56471893
I want to make a game like GTA V.
>>
>>56471600
Be a real man and create your own.
Don't fall for the C# meme.
Use a real language like C, yeah I know the industry use C++, but check the horrible, bad optimized games we have right now, C forces you to really understad what you are doing.
>>
>>56472336
what best for making a 3rd person shooter?
>>
>>56472176
You are dreaming too big, if you try making "the next GTA" you WILL fail. No exceptions

Start small, like a snake clone, then go bigger slowly.

-- Someone who is also trying to make games
>>
>>56472865

Haskell
>>
>>56471600

Get Godot if you're an indie shitter who actually likes video games.
>>
>>56472176
LOL. Look at the credits of this game. Look at the sheer number of people involved.
>>
>>56472982
This.

Start small.
>>
>>56472865
Creating a 2D shooter.
Then using openGL to fuck around 3D
>>
>>56472336
>C forces you to really understad what you are doing.

char* buf = malloc(24);
buf = (char*)"are you sure about that?";
printf(buf);
>>
>>56473192
it don't have to be as massive as GTA, something like SOCOM would be pretty cool to make.
>>
>>56473191
No.
Start big. Break yourself in. Get at least some things right, doesn't matter if you don't even know where to begin for 99% of the features.
Then go small and finish the small thing.
Then go big again.
Then go small.

This is how you really expand your zone of comfort.
>>
>>56473504
Well whatever works for you anon.

>be me
>be 20 when i though wtf am i doing
>be a chef for 2 years
>get sick of cooking food
>start creating muh goymes as a fun time project
>started small
>gathered enough of a library of stupid games
>apply to a local gamedev startup
>get paid 3k a month for being basicly a codemonkey and play videogames at work when im bored.

And they want to promote me.
>>
>>56473286
Yes.
When you shoot your foot you'll remember to lock the trigger next time. C does that.
>>
>>56473929
>apply to a local gamedev startup

Phone games, I assume?
>>
>>56473070
This.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.