[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ im in a tech high right now. I'm super interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: fenimanismdafuq2.jpg (116KB, 420x886px) Image search: [Google]
fenimanismdafuq2.jpg
116KB, 420x886px
Hey /g/ im in a tech high right now. I'm super interested in everything from pen testing to servers. What language should i learn of the the big ones?
>Java
>C++
>Python
>Ruby
I have no programming experience btw but know my way around a pc
>>
If you want to get into web: Python and ruby are both interesting.
Pentesting: Python and c++.
c++ is good for the low level tools like networking and hardware (microcontrollers)
Python is good for data processing and displaying, also creating tools quickly

Just start with Python if you want to do web development or system management (Linux servers)
Start with c++ if you want to get into pentesting or want to program on hardware level or computers
>>
>>56466730
>I have no programming experience
Pick a language that employs some of the modern concepts (i.e. the object oriented paradigm), such as the mentioned Python or Java and just fucking code away like a crackhead who's not had any for a month.

You should reach a point, where you can implement an idea into working code without being held back too much by 'how do I do this?'. Once you're there move into specific applications and challenges that might require a different set of tools or programming language. By then, learning a new language shouldn't be a hassle anymore.
>>
>>56466818
I want to get into android development but right now I want to see what languages have to offer. Sounds like i should go Python
>>
>>56467007
Nah, man. Don't stress or waste too much time on what languages have to offer if you don't know the first thing about programming.

The core concepts of most of modern programming languages overlap to a large degree. You need to understand those, and make them your own before you worry about which language is the best (whatever that means) for a given application or challenge.
>>
>>56467007
Python is recommended a lot because while it has its warts it's a general enough language that you can transfer the same skills pretty much anywhere.

On the whole people always get too hung up about this or that language, though. You should just go code.
>>
>>56466730
C
>>
>>56466730
both Python and Java are easy as testicles. if you have 0 experience probably Python
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.