[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My neighbour gave me one of these (because of his line of work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: s-l300.jpg (15KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
15KB, 300x245px
My neighbour gave me one of these (because of his line of work he gets a lot of used hardware) and to be honest, it's pretty zippy for what it is.

Would it be worth keeping and upgrading at all? The main problem I think is that there's no (visible) PSU
>>
Post speccy
>>
File: speccy.png (26KB, 458x356px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
26KB, 458x356px
>>56466599
>>
>>56466625
All you need to change is the graphics card and you can play the newest video games on it.
>>
>>56466669
I thought as much anon, that's quite cool to hear. But the PSU thing is my worry. It's really thin, I can't see any way it could properly supply a real graphics card.
>>
A new GPU ajd possibly PSU and youre golden
>>
>>56466686
No, not really. However, the case won't fit a real PSU so you might have to recase the junk.
You got a real winner though with the rest though. Decent ivy-bridge i5.
>>
>>56466686
Processor is OK.

The gtx 1060 consumes 120W of power under maximum load (some spikes here and there but PSUs can deal with it just fine). Your CPU consumes some 65W. So if the PSU is 300W then you're fine. Even if 250W.

Check and see.
>>
That CPU is the one I have. It is pretty snappy, and is still great for anything you decide to throw at it!
Throw in a SSD, and a GTX 95 and Oh boy you got yourself an excellent PC.
>>
>>56466745
it already has a 120 GB SSD.

>>56466592

I think that the PSU has 240W, so you should be fine with a new SFF graphic card without additional cables (that the PSU doesn't provide). Just check the homepage of hp with the exact model number to be sure.
>>
>>56466592
Low watt OEM PSU is your biggest concern. You may be able to swing by with a GTX 750 ti. Ignore the idiots telling you to use much more power hungry GPUs, they're retards. 240 watt generic PSU cannot handle running at close to max load for very long, and will shorten it's lifespan considerably.
>>
>>56466592
I've got one of those as an office machine, runs on a Core 2 Duo and 6GB RAM. Get something like a R7 250 if it's a small form factor. Mine's an ultraslim, so I can't even fit a graphics card.
>>
>get ivy/sandy bridge CPU business class PC
>drop a 1060 or 460 in depending on form factor and PSU

why even build PCs anymore
>>
>>56469709
I thought of doing this but unless you get the OEM for free it's not worth it because no decent GPU or PSU will fit inside an OEM PC.
>>
>>56466592
Shit you are lucky.
>>
>>56466592
You will have to get a PSU that fits in that case then buy a nice mid range GPU.

After that you're gold.
Don't go with anything too high end though because those cases will choke a GPU to death with that little airflow.
>>
I have a similar product, but it's in mini-tower case so it has 320W PSU. There's no 6-pin out but i could use sata-6pin adapter.

Is 320W still too little for gtx 1060? I'm worried since it's a used pc
>>
You donĀ“t need a 6pin for Radeon RX 460.
>>
>>56467630
Get a GTX 950 then, you will be set.
>>
>>56466592
Slap a 1tb hard drive, a new GPU and PSU in it and ur good brother.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.