[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a monitor general thread? Looking for a 144hz monitor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: hai-monitor.jpg (145KB, 850x952px) Image search: [Google]
hai-monitor.jpg
145KB, 850x952px
Can we have a monitor general thread?

Looking for a 144hz monitor with decent colors that's not prohibitively expensive like the PG279Q.

And it's not for gaymin, like most of you my job involves staring at a monitor for long periods of time.

I'd figure a monitor with more refresh rate would make it easier on the eyes? Does that make sense?

I also need it to have decent colors since I'm a graphic designer. I don't need it to have super accurate colors since I don't do print (mainly UI/UX stuff, AE and some color correction and grading).

I hear most of the mainstream 144hz have really terrible colors, are they that bad?
>>
What's "expensive" to you? You can get a great one for $550
>>
there aren't many 144hz ips panels and i think all of them are made by AUOptronics senpai
mg279q as cheaper alternative, or the acer one. but they may have some serious backlight bleed. mine doesn't, but there's tons of people reporting it. forget about 144hz TN panels.
>>
>>56464557
matte is definitely more friendly on the eyes then glossy (too much glare) or anti-glare (sand texture can make things hard to read which causes eye fatigue)

you are also correct that monitor brightness is important as well. you do not want it so bright that it makes you squint however you do not want it so dim that you have to strain to read anything.

another thing to keep in mind is color temperature. generally warmer tones are easier on the eyes than cooler tones.

monitor size is also important. you want to have the screen big enough that you can read text without straining however not so large that its overpowering.

i'm not sure if refresh rate is really going to help you. some people notice smoother video but i've not heard of it being linked to eye fatigue on lcd monitors. on crt yes but not lcd. you can read thishttp://blog.gnu-designs.com/the-myth-about-monitor-refr...for more info. however, i suppose there may be a few people whom may find 120/144hz less fatiguing but i'm not aware of any such thing.

what has been linked to eye fatigue is strobing backlights. this is called PWM (pulse width modulation) and is used to control the intensity of the backlight. some individuals (though not a huge number i believe) are rather severely affected by this and cannot sit in front of the monitor for more than a few minutes without getting headaches. there are flicker-free monitors which apparently do not use pwm.. you can check out a list here but i'm not sure if its updated or nothttp://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/flicker_free_datab...

what do i personally find that works for me?

-warm tones
-moderate level backlight
-having text at a size that is easy to read
-matte screen

i'm not really affected by PWM or CCFL flicker, 60hz refresh doesnt bother me at all.
>>
>>56464574
>>56464652
Oh shit nevermind I'm a complete faggot, the MG279Q is sub 500$ now. For some reason I thought it was around 800$

>>56464766
Thanks bruh.

I just figured that more hertz = more stable image = less eye strain. If it truely doesn't matter than I'd rather get the Asus MX25AQ, which is a flicker-free 1440p AH-IPS and save myself 200 bucks.
>>
I have the pg279q and if your not gaming just get the mg279q
>>
>>56464557
Basically you want gaymer features on a good monitor. No, all 144hz displays have shitty gaymer panels and bad colors
>>
>>56464797
>more hertz = more stable image = less eye strain
False. More hertz = sharper and smoother motion, assuming your GPU can keep up, and assuming you actually switch to 144Hz mode (it defaults to 60Hz)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.