[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats up with my disk write? it was like that with my old harddrive,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (498KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
498KB, 1920x1080px
Whats up with my disk write? it was like that with my old harddrive, cloned it to a ssd and im worried it's going to start eating away at the life of the ssd without me doing anything
>>
>windows
found your problem bro
>>
>>56463971
>Windows 10
>>
Since windows 8-10 i get this from time to time. Never happened before ever.
>>
>>56463971
Windows 10. Kill yourself
>>
>>56463980
>>56464023
It's not my daily driver

>>56464000
Is it normal for 8.1 and 10?
Doesnt happen at all in my 7, either
>>
Looks like the botnet's hard at work.
>>
>>56463971
that 100% number is wrong, some explanation to that was posted ages ago

but overall since windows 8 it really fucks with your HDD when idle. I used to sleep near my pc, and this would annoy the hell out of me. It's quiet, then when you are almost asleep it decides that it's idle and starts the botneting, indexing, updates. I move mouse, it stops. Like trying to sleep in a mice ridden barn at the countryside.
I tried disabling some services, indexing, some tasks, but did not find the cause. Maybe it's because it was pirated, but It has this activity even with ethernet unplugged.
never had the time to look into since then. ought ssd and stashed away my pc for almost a year, while doing renovating. Writing this from a work pc, with winxp. No audible background extra activity on this one, lol
>>
>>56463971
Open resource monitor, go to disks, and see what files are being written. If you have no clue what the file has to do with, then Google it.

Also don't come on /g/ for windows advice. 99% of people here use Mac or Linux.
>>
>cloned it to a SSD

There's your fucking problem. Clean install or forever be plagued with problems.
>>
>>56463971

> im worried it's going to start eating away at the life of the ssd

Modern SSDs can take more writes than HDDs
Even at full 100% constant writes, you'd be looking at years of use our of it.
>>
You're all idiots. He cloned it, so its reindexing. I hope the bonnet chokes all of you in your sleep and enables Bill Gates to detect the copious amounts of CP you all store on your FOSS Loonix boxes.
>>
>>56463971
You're fucking retarded
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.