[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good feature phones with a physical qwerty keyboard,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: blackberry-priv.jpg (303KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-priv.jpg
303KB, 2500x2500px
Are there any good feature phones with a physical qwerty keyboard, /g/?

All I know of are a handful of relatively shit phones and then
>pic related
which is way overpowered for what I need

All I want is something with a halfway decent build quality for literally just texting, checking emails, a calendar, and making a phone call occasionally. I know there's a whole market for feature phones outside the US and I was wondering if any of you folks could point me in a good direction.
>>
bump?
>>
anyone? :(
>>
>>56463071
That blackberry looks alright - shame it's a blackberry.
>>
>>56463355
I like the idea of the Priv, I just don't like the price tag...
>>
why does keyboard need to slide out
just make it long like that then call it bananna phone
>>
>>56463355
>brandfag

>>56463436
>poorfag

The denizens of /g/
>>
>>56463071
Right now it's just the Priv... I had a Galaxy Relay but 2gb of on board memory became a total deal killer.
>>
Are there any modern smartphones with landscape keyboards?
>>
>>56464357
This. Landscape keyboards were the shit.

Slideout iPhone cases don't count.
>>
File: ADP1.png (66KB, 585x357px) Image search: [Google]
ADP1.png
66KB, 585x357px
>>56463355
>shame it's a blackberry
BlackBerry makes amazing phones though

>>56464357
You realize a vertical keyboard on a modern smartphone is the same size as a horizontal keyboard on an old one, right? For example, the Priv's keyboard is about the same size as the HTC Dream's.
>>
>>56464390
>about
>>
>>56464390
Well maybe I don't want a gigantic phone.
>>
>>56464413
And?

>>56464414
So get a Q10 or a Classic, they're both better phones anyway.
>>
>>56463071
Wait for the next BlackBerry phone to come out. It's going to be mid-range and have a keyboard.

>>56463355
>>56463436
lol

Literally on a BlackBerry PRIV right now, ask me anything.

Got it direct from BlackBerry when it was about 500, but you can use a 10% off coupon.
>>
>>56464059
lel

>>56464377
I still remember my old LG Neon. Was a dream to type on.
>>
>>56464643
Why did you choose the priv?
Do you get updates?
>>
>>56464643
i got mine from verizon when i started a new plan. charged me $400 for it.
>>
>>56464662
> Why did you choose the priv?
It had everything I could ask for in a phone, but was a bit too big for me - mind you, my previous phones were the iPhone 3GS and the Galaxy S2. It was necessary in order to fit the keyboard, however, so it's acceptable.

I chose the PRIV because:
> it had a keyboard
> it had an SD card slot
> MUH DUAL CURVED SCREEN (it's actually somewhat useful)
> it's actually pretty durable and parts are very easily replaceable
> it's easily the LEAST shit phone
> stock OS isn't bad at all
> needed to upgrade badly
> MUH SECURITY (hardened everything and updates and MUH HARDWARE ROOT OF TRUST and whatnot)
> nice warranty and return policy
> also, the screen is really nice, and you can use the keyboard for cool shit, like scrolling and going through text.
> others that I may not have mentioned

The cons also weren't that important to me
> unrootable (I'd probably fuck it up somehow)
> no removable battery (easily replaceable though, and lasts a while)
> par main camera and shit front camera (I don't take many pictures, and I'm not a huge faggot, so these are a non-issue)
> 808 chip, so not the fastest, and gets a little hot during intensive use (I don't really play games on my phone, though)
> takes a bit longer to boot (it takes time to do all of those security checks)
> a bit big, but reasonable for the keyboard and not too big for me
> no fingerprint reader (who gives a shit)
> no wireless charging in the factory model (but can be added in)
> price (lol poorfags)
but the pros far outweighed the cons.

Based on these criteria, I had determined that this was the least shit phone and had the most to offer me.

> Do you get updates?
See for yourself.
Just got this yesterday. Must be the patch against that QuadRooter thing, but I was already protected against it according to BlackBerry, because of the signed bootloaders and whatnot.

Sorry I took so long to reply.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160906-190638.png (434KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160906-190638.png
434KB, 1440x2560px
>>56464929
Oh shit, forgot the picture.

>>56464874
Well, the international model isn't compatible with their network, after all...
>>
>>56463071
I still love my Blackberry Passport, even though I toss this fucking thing around everywhere.

It´s a tank though.

If they released an upgraded version every so often online only, I would probably keep buying.
>>
>>56463071
I'm using xperia mini pro. It's very outdated but it can perform tasks you have listed.
>>
>>56463071
I want this but sub 5 inches and with a landscape keyboard.
>>
Priv fag here.
It's got a good keyboard, android is snappy.
It does get a little hot after a shit ton of downloads, but that's my only real complaint.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.