[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats up /g/? So Im in college for I.T. Security and I find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Whats up /g/?

So Im in college for I.T. Security and I find it completely fascinating. The problem that I face is that I have no knowledge on coding or reading code. I've tried to read books, codeacademy, apps, but none of seems to stick.

I tend to learn better when I can get feedback from any questions I may have, especially when it comes to what each command does and how it works. What I'm wondering is, is there anything short of meeting with people to learn and get feedback? I work during the day and Im taking this semester off to do what it is I'm here asking for.

Any thoughts or ideas? Tips would be appreciated too.
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
what >>56460007 said
>>
>>56460007

Thanks! Any other useful tips?
>>
>>56459879
if the school is in any way competent you will take programming classes and use some form of linux for C and ASM.

if your school is not getting money from the government, you picked the wrong one
>>
>>56459879
Talk to your professors, and kind of have them mentor you. Like work on your own project, and if you get stuck, ask them.
For example, I'm a physics major but would go to my old diff eq and calc iv professor for help because we got along and he did his masters in physics.
>>
>>56460112

Yeah im going to install virtualbox and play with it but im just coding deficient
>>
>>56459879
>but none of seems to stick.
So you came to /g/...

Yeah its not gonna work out. Move on.
>>
>>56460205

not even. im just stuck and dont know what to do. Even anon help can be useful
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.