[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>chinkphones with a mediatek SOC won't get any custo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: dd4386c0cc68a078da6baa183c9227eb.jpg (199KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
dd4386c0cc68a078da6baa183c9227eb.jpg
199KB, 2048x1365px
>chinkphones with a mediatek SOC won't get any custom roms

You, sir, are a lying piece of poo.

forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-homtom-ht6-twrp-root-roms-mods-t3296277

forum.xda-developers.com/k3-note/general/organized-thread-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t3158522

www.modaco.com/forums/topic/376892-leeco-letv-le1-x600-info-software-custom-roms
>>
Also
> no updates
Lol idiots
>>
>>56458092
Never trust g
>>
>>56458229
Ikr
>>
>>56458134
K6000 premium when
>>
>>56459390
I'm waiting for that too, my nexus 5 is barely giving me 2 hours SoT anymore
>>
Why the hell wouldn't they get updates? They use basically stock Android + proprietary blobs for hardware. It's not like they have to go through intense testing of a full proprietary ui that has to be updated to work on the new Android version. It's literally no different, on their end, than the initial compiling of Android for their device. It's not like there's a ton of QA on chinkphones
>>
>>56460060
Ask csg and hpg, they get awfully touchy and autistic about only xiaomi being updates
>>
>>56458092
Wtf I hate g now
>>
>>56458092
>implying taking a stock rom, make some changes and post the final product on XDA makes you a "developer"
they're still stock firmwares with some tweaks.

custom rom -> built from source (like AOSP, CM or derivatives)
>>
>>56463634
Pretty sure all the linked phones got CM...
>>
>>56460060
you have to test the OS to find any regressions that could hurt the UX, make sure the device still complies with regulations and the most important thing, the SoC vendor has to provide support for that new version. But we're talking about mediatek, so no support unless you're a big customer(like Google or Samsung)
>>
>>56460060
Because of those proprietary blobs. Mediatek have a really, really bad habit of not updating the blobs for new kernel versions - or needing a different kernel fork to work. So future versions of Android may need to use old, out-of-date kernels and feature-removal hacks to make them continue to work. It's a total hack job - just like the SoC itself.

The blob thing is also true of... well, basically all the others - even the Nexus phones. It's the support and update thing that matters most from a practical sense, if you've got blobs, and MT is egregiously bad about it - even to those who speak Chinese.

Seriously, unless you've seen the inside of their shit, or worked on one of the reverse-engineered drivers, you haven't seen true hardware horror. Testing and chicken bits are for people who give a shit.

MT are a lot shadier than they may appear. They've stolen netlists from other companies before - even other Chinese companies, which is a huge cultural no-no.
>>
>>56464087
Yeah but they've got more cores than any other SoC manufacturer so they're good!
>>
>>56458092
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.