[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, about to invest into a new PC, would love to hear s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Hey all, about to invest into a new PC, would love to hear some critique.

Specifically, I'm concerned about space in my case and cooling effectiveness. Here's the link:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=35961187

In addition, I'd love to have some recommendations on headsets, mice, keyboards, and monitors. Looking to drop around $400-500 for all 4.
>>
>>56447684
Penis
>>
>>56447692
:-DDDDD hahahaha :D
>>
>>56447684
Why not a Skylake? Why spend so much on the AiO? Why the very expensive SSD? Why the pricey and very overpowered PSU?

Case is fine.
>>
> invest into a new PC
theres no such thing as investing into a PC
PC's don't gain value over time you twat - they lose it. Very, very, quickly.
>>
>>56447735
>Why not a Skylake?
I don't know, I'm a software engineer who knows next to fuck-all about hardware. It's shameful, I know.

>Why spend so much on the AiO?
I don't know anything about cooling a computer, I just don't want my CPU burning up. Is this overkill?

>Why the very expensive SSD?
Longevity, large cache, good speed, personal preference I suppose.

>Why the pricey and very overpowered PSU?
Room for expansion, mainly. I don't want to start smelling cooked circuitry if I decide to upgrade my graphics card.

Anything you disagree with, I'm more than happy to hear your input. As previously stated, I'm a hardware noob and absolutely open to advice. Thanks again for your input.

>>56447743
By "invest" in a new PC, I mean purchase a machine that (as an IT worker) is going to assist me in MAKING money, and not need to be replaced for quite some time.
>>
I have updated the list (I believe it's still the same link):

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=35961187

Changes were to the Skylake CPU, LGA 1151 MB, and DDR4 RAM
>>
>>56447812
Get skylake instead. A 6600K and compatible mobo. Switch to DDR4 RAM, too.

Ditch the AiO. A U12S is fine, or you can get a D15 if you want.

Get a 500GB SSD, and a 1TB HDD, for the same price as that 256GB SSD.

If you are not getting 2 cards, stick to a ~650W PSU.

Use the $$$ saved to upgrade your GPU, if your goal is gaming. If not, get a lesser GPU and upgrade something else.
>>
>>56447948
Better, but choose another PSU, 1000 watts is complete overkill, go for around 600watts. Also, find a larger SSD in the 400-500gb range, can be m.2 but going SATA can save a lot. Lastly, invest in either a GTX 1060 or RX480, you will gain better performance in the 200 dollar range.,
>>
>>56448029
The reason for the SSD is based on MSR & MSW specs:

Up to 2200 MBps

Max Sequential Write
Up to 900 MBps

4KB Random Read
Up to 270,000 IOPS (4KB, QD32)
Up to 11,000 IOPS (4KB, QD1)

4KB Random Write
Up to 85,000 IOPS (4KB, QD32)
Up to 43,000 IOPS (4KB, QD1)

This is by far the best SSD I have found at the price, by about 3-4x. I'm pretty committed to it, honestly. As far as the PSU goes, again, I do want to leave room for expansion in the future, as well as ensuring I am never pushing the PSU to it's limit. It's a pretty damn good deal, too, if you ask me. I'm hoping I can maybe even use it on my next machine.

Updated list:

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=35961187
>>
>>56448177
Take screenies.

Your insistence on getting that SSD is to your detriment, if you are doing any gaming.

Same goes for the overpowered PSU. Better to get Gold 650W.
>>
>>56448177
if you were to SLI Nvidia's current top GPUs (fyi they only support up to 2 way SLI) you are looking at 560 watts of usage. As stated by others, a 650 watt power supply will do you good, even with expansion.
>>
>>56448246
>>56448198
Alright, I've dropped down the PSU:

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=35961187

But why are you so against the SSD? Can you explain in layman's terms why it's a bad idea? I really can't see it.
>>
>>56448287
256GB SSD: Good idea for someone with a light budget. Enough for OS, most used programs, and a few big games.

950 Pro: Extremely fast SSD. Difference in day-to-day usage from a normal SSD? Almost nil.

You will be paying a lot of $$$, and getting little benefit and little storage room. If all your other components are top-tier, it would not matter. But the $$$ you can save can actually be used to get better performance elsewhere, or more storage room.
>>
>>56448319
Alright, so to give you a general idea of what I expect to be using this for so that you can more accurately evaluate my decision I'll list my intended uses:

>As you said, few big games (DOTA2, Witcher 3, etc)
>High-end software engineering
>Lighter graphical design/GUI design
>Audio/Video streaming

This having been said, with the programming I do it can be very frustrating to have a large delay when loading/running/debugging/testing software. If, after knowing all this, you are still dead set against it being a bad idea, would you mind linking me a couple of options you feel are better without sacrificing too much performance?
>>
>>56447684
Didnt even look at the case, but if you gonna spend that much on a cooler why not go with water cooling, can get a all in one for a few bucks less. Also id drop that r9 and go with nvidia
>>
>>56448377
>it can be very frustrating to have a large delay when loading/running/debugging/testing software.
It is your choice. If you want the fastest, then you should stick with the 950. Getting a 500GB SSD would be more balanced, but it will not be your fastest option.
>>
>>56448504
Alright, thanks for the input man. Do you agree with >>56448442 ?

>>56448442
Looking into that now
>>
>>56448442
Wouldn't a case with some form of cooling installed still need a CPU cooler though?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.