[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your excuse for not owning one of these beauties?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

What's your excuse for not owning one of these beauties? Are you too poor to afford it?
>>
>>56434237
Plastic trash
>>
I'm not 12.
>>
>gaming on a laptop
>getting a laptop with a dedicated graphics card
wew lad
>>
You shouldn't underestimate my poorness.
>>
>Acer
>>
>gaming laptop
>weighs 7.7 kg

I think I'm good
>>
>>56434237
Real men use macs.
>>
>>56434341
Your delusions are colossal
>>
Well, those Mobile GTX1070/1080 version are really a step forward, because they are barely slower than the desktop versions.

But the notebooks are still double the price of the desktop counterpart.

If they are about the same price, I am gonna go for a such a notebook.
>>
>>56434237
It's so dumb and silly that it's actually kinda cool.
It remids me to those clunky laptops from 20 years ago for some reason.
>>
>>56434377
George foreman approves those grills
>>
>too poor
Why you little shit. Where in the fuck do you get off calling people poor? You honestly think that I'm poor, with my gigabit internet and high speed broadband? You fucking wish you had half the luxaries that I have. I can book a hotel anywhere I want, and eat fine course meals that would put your cum breathing dragon of a mother to shame. Maybe your poor, and you project your feelings of inadequacy and miserableness onto others in the internet, but don't bring it to me. I could be the richest motherfucker you've ever had read your pathetic post, so you better watch yourself, faggot.
>>
It's really ugly, and doesn't have a TrackPoint. These are the deal-breaking reasons.

Aside from that, I'd rather not ever give nvidia money again. I've had loads of issues with their products in the last two years. Their drivers are just complete ass and they are not very cooperative with the community.

My next laptop will probably be the ThinkPad Retro. Hard to say if I'll get it on release, as I am a NEET atm with hardly anything saved up.
>>
>>56434328
i know gaming laptops are shit, but weight has never been a concern to me. you can't be so weak you can't carry a laptop thats just inexcusable. Get stronger if it bothers you
>>
I already own a microwave
>>
>>56434377
>mfw ten years from now this is the thinkpad of today.
>>
>it's yet another "I'll make horrible purchase decisions and call everyone else a poorfag" episode

Op you know that's exactly how you become a poorfag, right?
>>
>>56434377
I would like one, but as op pointed out, I'm poor.

Would be better off upgrading my m18x instead
>>
>>56434497
dell precision already huge, maybe in 2 years from now on thinkpad will use something like 1070/1080 gpu.
>>
>>56434237
Because Acer...
>>
File: d.png (277KB, 1210x860px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
277KB, 1210x860px
Already own one of these
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
It looks like its battery blew up
>>
>>56434237
Just why?
>>
Do companies even make profit selling gaming laptops? I feel like the market of people who want these is small, and so many companies offer thier own variations and I'd say most consumers set their eyes on Asus,Alienware, Razer, or Msi. I mean does Acer expect the time and effort spent on this laptop to pay off? I don't know anyone who'd think that looks good.
>>
File: IMG_20160716_003543.jpg (4MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_003543.jpg
4MB, 2560x1920px
>>56434237
I've already got one of these
>>
>>56434237
>>56434377
>>
File: pocket_warmer.jpg (167KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
pocket_warmer.jpg
167KB, 780x439px
>>56434679
Oh no no, that's Samsung's job.
>>
>>56434377
Wtf is that wasted space for
>>
>>56434397
have't seen that pasta, imma fix all the you and you 'r shit and save it
thanks ;^)
>>
>implying I leave the house long enough to wanna game
>>
>>56435073
It's not about profit, but image. For example; camera companies sell maybe a few thousand of their high-end models, it's the cheap ones that sell most, but on the notion that pros prefer this brand, so it's what everyone goes for even if they're not really getting the same thing.
Similarly, this generates an image for Acer about them making outrageous and awesome laptops, and they expect the average person to settle for a cheaper one, still having been "sold" on the expensive one. The one on the show floor didn't even work, and they didn't need it to, they needed the branding to work.

>>56435248
For the massive cooling system that's some 50% more expansive than even other high-end gaming laptops. Most laptops of his caliber have thee fans, this has five, and they're also much bigger. It may very well be able to drive those two 1080's without throttling.
>>
>>56434237
I just bought a Dell Precision M5510. I don't need a stupid fucking 18lb gaymen laptop.
>>
File: SlidenJoy-triple-your-screen.jpg (62KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
SlidenJoy-triple-your-screen.jpg
62KB, 1000x604px
>>56434237
I want to get that, attach pic, then hang out at Starbucks and work on my screenplay.
>>
>7.7 kg laptop

90s all over again

6 months later it will be 50% off.
>>
File: vaio_1.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vaio_1.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>56435248
there isn't enough depth for the fans and the mechanical keyboard.
Msi's weird GT80 abortion has this layout too.
as does this qt
>>
>>56435248
gotta fit those two GTX 1080s in somewhere
>>
>>56434237
>Beauties

Right if I wanted a computer that size I'd just get one of those aluminum suit cases and would use actual full sized components so as to not suffer the throttling that PoS has.
>>
>gaymur trash
Not even once.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.