[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I decided I want to sell my gaming rig, but I cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: DSC_02722.jpg (2MB, 2432x3176px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_02722.jpg
2MB, 2432x3176px
Hey guys, I decided I want to sell my gaming rig, but I cant think of a good price. Im gonna be including my desktop, 3 24" 1080p monitors, a razer blackwidow chroma keyboard, a razer deathadder chroma mouse, and my recording stuff.

Specs of desktop
Mobo: Asrock 797 Anniversary

Processor: Intel i5 4970k

RAM: 16 gig ddr3 2400 mhz

Graphics: MSI Gtx 1070 GamingX

SSD: 120 gig

HDD: 1 tb 7200 rpm

Water cooling, 2 additional sound cards for streaming, gigabit lan, case fully loaded with quiet fans, air filters, modular power supply, lights, fan controller...etc.

Everything is in immaculate condition and is super clean.

>pic related, the desktop.
>>
3k if you call it "the ultimate minecraft machine"
>>
>>56433221
I can give you about three fiddy
>>
>>56433228
made me kek. But in all honesty, the only reason why I wanna get rid of it is because I'm having some issues at home and I want to save as much as possible to get out of here.
>>
>>56433221
50% retail value of parts, basically.
Except nobody is gonna want to take over responsibility for your custom loop, most likely, and they definitely won't care how much you spent on it. They probably won't want half of it either.
>>
>>56433280
I figured if anything it might get a little more because you are literally getting everything you need to just start gaming, streaming, etc.
>>
is it hard line or soft line water cooling? or is it just one of those prebuilt loops for the cpu?

i'd probably say around 1.8 / 2k
>>
>>56433327
also can i get a different damn pic other than just the case.

gimme the /guts/
>>
>>56433327
>>56433355
Pre built loop, also, more pics coming. Need to pull them off my phone.
>>
File: DSC_0284.jpg (2MB, 3536x2960px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0284.jpg
2MB, 3536x2960px
>>56433355
>>56433384
>1/?
>>
>>56433299
Good luck. The graphics card and processor are the only places that you'll get much more. Selling complete will mean taking more of a hit than parting it. And with parting, you're going to get eaten up by shipping/transaction fees.

>>56433327
Yea not even close. That amount could get the system in question brand new and you'd be able to get the keyboard/mouse/monitors that you want, rather than the crap that this guy bought.
>>
>>56433426
>2/?
>>
>>56433299
Nobody is going to buy the whole thing. You are probably gonna have to separate it into at the very least the tower itself, the monitors (probably one at a time) and the peripherals.

Nobody's gonna buy your whole set up for a fat stack unless it's either:
-Incredibly cheap (talking like 80% savings over buying new)
-Has a warranty of some sort for the whole thing

Remember: People on Craigslist or whatever you're going to sell it on are looking for shit that's either next to free or trying to save a few bucks on specific things, not just a bargain.
>>
>>56433384
ok im roughly guessing here but the computer was about 1.5k to build. Am i close?

$1,500 for the comp
$600 (aprox.) for the monitors
$210 for mouse + keyboard
$200 (completely guessing) for recording stuff

that brings the total to about $2,510

so i would try selling it first for $2,000 which may be hard but if that doesnt sell, go down to about $1,800.
>>
>>56433450
>crap that this guy bought
this is the stuff I like and I chose. If you dont like it, fuck off.
>>
>>56433256
How much did it cost? Don't sell at a loss but also if you're selling on eBay, accept best offers.

You can make more by taking it apart and selling individual pieces, but it takes more time that way
>>
>>56433464
>>56433426

im also going to assume you have since replaced that gtx 950 with a 1070 like you said.
>>
>>56433473
That's the issue though. You don't want people to just "fuck off". You want them to buy it.

>this is the stuff I like and I chose
Ok. That's great. Good for you. Now explain why someone else would want it, cause that's what you need to do. You need someone else to want it. If it's not exactly what someone else wants, you're going to have to convince them with an appealing price.
>>
>>56433464
>How to get no offers: The Post
Nobody is going to pay that close to retail for some shit they don't even understand what half of it is.

You might think people are either stupid enough to buy it on your word or smart enough to understand what they're getting but the truth is they're neither.
>>
>>56433450
op has 3 monitors you fuck. thats at least 600 dollars assuming he got decent ones. its an estimate.
>>
>>56433480
>Don't sell at a loss
This is what retards actually believe.
Once you bought it and opened the package that shit just lost at least 30% of its value.
Welcome to the tech industry. You will never get back what you paid.
>>
>>56433505
Again. It's not. It'd be that price new. After someone got to research what monitors they want and make that choice for themselves.

If you're trying to move used goods in any amount of decent time, you're not going to get near retail. Otherwise people would just (and I know this is a shocker) but it new.
>>
>>56433487
Yeah, I have. Thats an early picture.

>>56433494
Got a point.

>>56433480
Right around this guys estimate >>56433464

>>56433504
I didnt think I was gonna get over $2k from it, kinda figured.

>>56433532
I get that, its not brand new, its gonna be at a loss.
>>
>>56433504
i said it would be hard to sell at that price but try anyways. People are stupid.

and if op could easily put "willing to negotiate" in listing and go from there.

listing it for something like 1.5k or 1k would just be a huge fucking waste of potential money.
>>
>>56433547
And so is sitting on depreciating tech waiting for someone to get to a price that you're stuck on. Either he sells it for roughly 50-60% of what he paid to move it quickly or he sits on it while waiting for 70% and hopes that it doesn't depreciate too much in the mean time.

Has no one on this board sold second hand computer parts before? There's a reason that the #1 suggestion for a new laptop on this board is a used laptop - the price. Second hand tech, barring some outliers, is a buyer's market.
>>
>>56433532
tfw my 1080 went up in value by 200$ since it's out of stock everywhere for months
>>
>>56433547
Except 99% of people will see it's a 4 figure sum and immediately move on to the next thing because that's not the kind of money you dump into used shit.

Now if he wants to part out the whole thing he could probably make that much, but considering it's
-Recently upgraded
-a package deal

I'm gonna go ahead and guess OP got himself into some financial shit and needs money fast.
>>
>>56433597
close, but no. I spent a ton of money on it and I almost never use it. I'm stuck living in a hell hole of a house working my ass of for barely any yield in the long run. I want out, and I need money, I dont care how long it takes me to get it.
>>
>>56433532
Look how much my motherboard is selling for. Goes how much it cost me 3 years ago?
>>
I'd do the following:

Take out GPU, sell separately w/ box(since its so new).

Sell entire PC for ~600-650 on ebay, and say it's "ready for a GPU!" --- I've sold a few "bring your own GPU" pcs and they go well.

Sell monitors individually for around 70% of new retail value.

Sell keyboard for w/e they're going for on ebay
Bundle mouse in w/ keyboard so it won't take a year to sell

Finally, I know nothing about recording and you gave no details, so sell that for whatever it seems like it's going for on ebay.

All of this is from someone who builds and flips PCs on ebay for a hobby.
>>
>>56433623
Well in that case you'd probably be better off parting it out as much as you can and looking on tech forums for people interested in buying well-cared-for used parts.

Or someone who wants a whole system and knows what they're getting and just doesn't want to build it themselves.

It's more work but you'll probably get more out of it that way.
>>
>>56433628
>Kangaroo bucks
Nobody cares how much your currency has depreciated in the past few years.
>>
>>56433648
>kangaroo bucks
kek
>>
>>56433630
I would like to emphasize two points here, too:

The GPU is worth more outside of the PC. Period It's new and you should sell it alone.

People do not buy lots over $1000. I've sold nearly 100 PCs on ebay, and I've consistently encountered the plain fact that I have to downgrade super nice builds until they're in the $700 range before they will sell. I've sold multiple 6700k+~$100 mobo+good PSU+nice pretty case+8gb of RAM for $700 saying "add your own HDD and GPU and it's ready to go!", but I've had the same build with a nice drive setup and a 980TI for a very competitive price and it sat for 2 months. Took out the 980, still no luck. Finally had to remove the drives, price it at $700, and watch it go in a few days.

People buying PCs from individuals want to feel like they're getting a deal, and for whatever reason they never seem to pay above $600-700. Your PC is worth $600 if you remove the GPU. It may be better to sell each part individually with that in mind, but people don't seem to care about market value when they're buying a put together computer.
>>
>>56433648
Good for you, while you bitch on an anonymous image board, I'm making profit on used parts that I've enjoyed for a while already (:
>>
>>56433630
yea op, I'd go with something like this.
>>
>>56433689
>His currency is devaluing at a faster rate than tech depreciates
>He gets a slightly higher figure than he paid for 3 years ago
>With inflation he still lost 30% or more

Okay bro.
>>
>>56433221

Using Ebay Completed Listings

i5 4970k (not a real thing, assuming i5 4690k) - $185
Asrock 797 (again, not a thing, assuming z97) - $110
16gb ddr3 (Prices all over the place) - $90
GTX1070 - $400
120 SSD - $60
1TB HDD - $40
Case (corsair) - $100
Cooler - $50
Gigabit Lan - $10
Fans (Searched Noctua 120mm) - $10 each, $40 assuming 4
Modular Powersupply - $125
Mechanical Keyboard - $80
Mouse (deathadder chroma) - $45
Monitors (varies) - $525
too variable, but ~$175 will get a decent monitor

For a grand total of 1860. If you part it out. Expect to get in this range, but also expect to pay fees and shipping.
>>
>>56433736
Keep in mind that for these prices, I didn't separate any of the "new" results from the "used" results, so you're probably looking at less.
>>
>>56433736
yeah, meant 4690k on the processor, I'm really tired so my proof reading skills are shit right now.
>>
>>56433736
parting it out is risky because no one will buy your used PSU or your random ddr3 memory for anywhere near their value.

Just remove the GPU and sell the PC for $500, GPU for $400, mouse and keyboard together for like $60, and the monitors separate for a discount from retail value.

No one is going to buy all of this stuff together, but if you remove the GPU inflating the price of the base PC you can market it as a good starting point for someone wanting to add a GPU and game for cheap. At $500 plenty of parents or teenagers using their parents money will be attracted to it if you hype up how gaming-ready it is.
>>
>>56433736
Even 16GB of DDR4 isn't $90, think more in the $30 range, and that PSU is nowhere near $125 even new. Again, closer to like $50

You can get a 24" 1080p monitor for like $100, if it's a regular TN panel.
>>
I would buy the ram and the GPU... The rest is pretty useless to me.
>>
>>56433504
>build PCPartPicker list to verify the price to possible buyers
>knock $300-500 off of retail price
>post on craigslist exclaiming it's a great deal and perfect for someone wanting to get into PC gaming as it comes with everything

That's basically what I did with a prebuilt Lenovo that I installed a EVGA 660 SC and Corsair CX750M. Came with an old Deathadder, one of those chiclet key Deathstalker keyboards I found at thrift store, and a dell monitor I found there also. Sold for like $400. Paid maybe $700 total for everything and I had it for 3 years.
>>
>>56434219
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>56433221
ill give you 500€ cash
>>
>>56433221
>1080p monitors in the year of our lord 2016
>Asrock 797-300ER
>120GB SSD
wat?
>water cooling on mid-range consumer-tier gear.
lol?
>stickers
are you 12?
>>
>>56433221
i'll pay 1200 bucks, it is used so it needs to be cheap.

also 4th gen core i7 (2 years ago).
>>
>>56433221
Why the fuck did you buy a 1070 if you didn't intend on continuing to use your pc
>>
>>56433221
I'd say between 500 and 600
>>
>>56433221
Fuck Windows laptops and fuck PC's, they are now and will always be for fat neckbeard gaming faggots, real professionals (like me) will never care about that shit, we will always use Macbook PROS (because we are real professionals) and we use our computers for working, something you fat video game playing pieces of shit will never understand. We use Macbook PROS because we are PROS and we want something that is reliable and not going to get a million viruses, we want something that just works out of the box and will continue to just work years and years later until next year when they're obsolete and I have to buy the new Macbook PRO (real professionals always buy the new model right away). You fat neckbeards will never understand what it's like to own a Macbook because you're all poorfags and perma-virgins.
>>
>>56433458

This man speaks the truth, I buy and sell on Craigslist all the time. I just picked up a $1500 dollar laptop (actual current retail value) for $140 because it had damage the hinge and guy didn't want to deal with it and bought a new one. I look for shit like that.

I'm not poor but if I go looking for something on Craigslist I be interested unless it's approaching 30% asking price of retail. My reason is simple, A.) you wouldn't be selling something high value unless you really need the cash but don't want to get fucked by a pawn shop B.) i'm getting no warranty or usually packaging C.) I have no idea of the history of what I'm buying and that unknown lowers the value.

Only time I'd pay close to retail is if it's something I need but out of stock and retailers carry only a shitty version of it.
>>
>>56438685

damn I guess I didn't get enough sleep, I just reread that and I sound like English isn't my first language, lol.
>>
>>56438609

If you're going to bait us at least put a little effort into it
>>
>>56433221

Whole rig? If you're lucky maybe $1000, very few people that buy used face to face are willing to lay out 4 figures in a craigslist trade. If you part it out though you could get far more. Nobody that can afford that is going to give a shit about the custom loop, lights, or sound cards.

You can *probably* get about $80 per monitor, about $50 for the keyboard, $30 or so for the mouse. $180 or so for the CPU, although I'd list it as $275 for the CPU/Mobo/Ram combo, you'll probably get somebody to bite quick because those are all components that aren't too likely to fail and when you're doing a system overhaul are the biggest item outside the video card to change. The video card you probably can at least make back a fair share of market value, maybe try for $350 but be prepared to get lowballed down to $300. The SSD and HDD are worthless, you could buy both new for $80 together. Don't know the PSU wattage but lets say it's 750W you could get maybe $50 for it.

At least those are figures that would get my interest in the Tampa/Clearwater used market i'm in
>>
>>56433221
roughly 70% of what you pay for it new is the max you're gona get and thats mainly because you have a GPU that came out recently. I'd say around ~$1100 USD is a fair price.
>>
Just find a wealthy teenager (a teenager with wealthy parents) to sell it to.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.