[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it render fonts literally better than any other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: ubuntu-logo.jpg (142KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu-logo.jpg
142KB, 1024x768px
Why does it render fonts literally better than any other Linux distribution?
>>
>>56431081

I'm on Gentoo and my fonts are godlike
>>
Why is font rendering on Windows so shit?
>>
>>56431081
Because it's a professional distro.
>>
it sends your personal information to amazon literally better than any other linux distrobution, too!
>>
>>56431081
You know the point of linux is that you can customize it whatever the fuck you want it?
>>
>>56431141
How many hours did it take you to get there?
>>56431456
Why would I want it to look like shit tho?
>>
>>56431469
Unity looks great with the default configuration, and it's really snappy. Just don't use Ubuntu 16.xx because on that version, their deal with Amazon is ended.
>>
>>56431469

Eh depends what you mean anon

Grabbing new fonts on Gentoo is literally as simple as just putting them in any font folder you want, ~/.fonts, /usr/local/fonts etc (I'm not kidding)

I spend a lot of time tweaking shit though so probably a good few hours of autism
>>
>>56431485
>Just don't use Ubuntu 16.xx because on that version, their deal with Amazon is ended.

You like being spyed on?
>>
>>56432692
I like the advanced search integration
>>
i use kubuntu
>>
>>56431081
All I know is that I've tried infinality and a lot of other things, I've never achieved to get ubuntu's godlike font rendering on any other distribution.
>>
>>56431676
I'm installing Gentoo on another computer right now. Which fonts are best?
>>
>>56432692

Of course you could just... Turn that off.

But no, that would be too radical.
>>
>>56431141

Linux or BSD?
>>
>>56431405
I dunno, but it's making me angry.
>>
Just install infinality on literally any other distro and you have good font rendering anon.
>>
I literally can't tell the difference between any of it
>>
>>56431081
It doesn't Try using IntelliJ and your eyes will bleed from getting cut on the jagged, aliasing fonts.
>>
>>56434375
>Try using IntelliJ
Jesus christ why would anyone do that?
>>
>>56434375
Enable anti-aliasing in the JDK.

>>56434493
Because it loves Java and it loves me back.
>>
>>56431405
Use mactype
>>
>>56434555
Why the hell isn't that the default? JetBrains should do that shit for me.
>>
Let's see if we can get this name autobanned
>>
>>56434614
Mfw pasted into options field
>>
Is Unity 8 stable enough to run yet?
>>
Ubuntu like font rendering on fedora:

>use gnome tweak tool to set font hinting to 'slight' and antialiasing to 'rgba'

running x11:

>echo "Xft.lcdfilter: lcddefault" >> ~/.Xresources

running wayland:

>sudo ln -s /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-default.conf /etc/fonts/conf.d/

Then log out and back in.
>>
>>56431081
More developers and a larger community than any other distro.
>>
>>56431081
I thought they all rendered fonts any way you wanted as long as you set up your shit properly.
>>
>>56431081
>literally
Whats the point of this?Are you gay or something?
>>
>>56432828
noto fonts with cjk use flag + infinality
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.