[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is wrong with using a product that "just werks"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1472608771279.png (984KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472608771279.png
984KB, 1920x1080px
what is wrong with using a product that "just werks" for you? why is that a reason to disparage something?
>>
>>56430247

Literally nothing.

But no product ever just werks without compromising somewhere.

You have to be prepared to give up quite a lot in exchange for something that just werks, anon.
>>
>>56430247
An item that satisfies the needs of the lowest common denominator is usually bland and insipid.
>>
Because those things don't "just work" as people tend to claim. It's usually a form of blindness that people have because they're used to whatever it is.

Nothing "just works". There is a baseline level of knowledge required to use all kinds of stuff. So really it's just an expression of preference and poor theory of mind.
>>
>>56430301
But not always, look at iOS and OS X for example. They're fucking beautiful examples of modern engineering.
>>
dumb animeposter
>>
>>56430330

Have you ever actually used OS X?
>>
>>56430349
Not in a decade or so
>>
>>56430336

Do you know where you are fuckface?
>>
Because "it just works" how they want it to and how they allow you to let it work.

It's an attempt at being idiot proof, that someone with skills doesn't want to be fettered with. They want to tell the computer how to work, not be told how to work the computer.
>>
>>56430330
>delete button does not delete
>no backspace button
>full screen button may or may not bring about full screen
>close button may or may not close application
>beautiful engineering
>>
>>56430411
>wahh it's not like windoze so it's bad
Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>56430403
I think that's part of OP's point: if it just works FOR YOU. People invent too many stupid conflicts over this shit.
>>
>>56430425
>buttons don't do what they say they do
>"go back to windoze fagot"

lol
>>
>>56430425
>click item
>press delete
>*crickets*
>beautiful engineering

>Apple, why do you do this?
>You are not smart enough to know what you want, user. Do not worry, though you cannot brag about features and specs, you can still be smug about the price tag!
>>
More often than not, products advertised as "just werks" have numerous glaring deficiencies in them.

>>56430330

They are some of the most insecure operating systems on the market.
>>
>>56430411

>no backspace button
No, it is a backspace button. Plug in any other keyboard and the backspace button will map to the same key. Problem is they labeled it wrong.
>>
>mfw my uncle did some shit for the army
>mfw it was cryptography and military systems
>mfw they used fucking microsoft office, windows and personalized systems
>mfw it was the best time of his life
>mfw he did more in 10 years than all /g/ in their whole life
>mfw I have no face

/g/ is full of NEETs doing Hello word programs with hipster languages. Depressing.
>>
File: 1473023491917.jpg (216KB, 660x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473023491917.jpg
216KB, 660x720px
>tfw you realize how pointless all of the time you poured into customizing and ricing was because defaults work best almost every time
>>
>>56430977
Also every time you rice, deep down you know you're making compromises that you convince yourself are ok
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.