[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the most secure own mail hosting? I dont trust any "secure"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: mail.jpg (69KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
mail.jpg
69KB, 640x426px
Whats the most secure own mail hosting?
I dont trust any "secure" email companies, their security is shit.
>>
>>56428356
>their security is shit.
Elaborate.
>>
You have no use of higher security than fucking Gmail. You're not as important as you think.
>>
>>56428356
OpenBSD with sendmail?
>>
Gmail is all the security you need.
Hell, it has better security than the servers of some government officials.
>>
>>56428356
protonmail

or get a vps and use dovecoat.
youll have to implement your own encryption scheme though

Or get a pi and run it in your house. get a domain name if you feel so inclined

>google
Stop shilling this hard fucks sake

Google is the LAST place
hell yahoo would be better
>>
>>56429355
Are you fucking dense? If you're looking for security, what other server would you trust than Google?

If, by security, you mean "don't read my emails", email is inherently an insecure medium and you should never trust it for any decent communication. Use PGP, and you'll be fine on just about any person's server. This shit all passes through Google and the NSA anyway, who gives a fuck if your email provider claims they're """""""""""""""""""secure""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>56428606
>>56429099
>>56429392
ITT: kikes
>>
File: 1470882046163.jpg (191KB, 736x599px) Image search: [Google]
1470882046163.jpg
191KB, 736x599px
>>56429392
>gpg
>this random header in my email means its secure i will disregard all other aspect of pgp and just rely on there being a huge header text garble

Tell me how you're going to get all your family/friends/co-workers to swap over to it to just talk to YOU.

>secure
Why are you on this board kid?
>>
>>56429438
my whole fucking point is that email is insecure. why the fuck do you need to encrypt your conversation if you're asking grandma what the weather is in the nursing home??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
File: 175.jpg (17KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
175.jpg
17KB, 300x100px
>>56429452
Please provide me with your bussiness and personal email addresses and their passwords. Make sure to include the emails you use for non christian values websites
Surely you have nothing to hide, because you dont care about privacy.
>>
>>56429490
Are you baiting? Surely you're just completely missing my point on purpose, right?

>Google is the world's biggest email provider, most mail, even if not bound for a gmail email, passes through their server
>"secure email providers" email will still pass through Google's server anyway

What's so secure about a "secure" email provider that Google doesn't provide? Regardless of what provider you're using, if Google is going to read the email anyway, then why the fuck would you rely on a random anon or provider to keep your own email secure? If you're truly so paranoid about the NSA knowing the weather in Florida, then why aren't you paranoid enough to trust the claims of Protonmail that they're not just siphoning all your emails, encrypted to the NSA? Where does this """""""""rabbit hole""""""" stop?

This whole shit is insecure. You wanna talk safely? Get your parents to use an XMPP server you setup or some stupid shit like Tox. Fuck; you're all annoying.
>>
File: 1461343498604.png (104KB, 704x468px) Image search: [Google]
1461343498604.png
104KB, 704x468px
>>56429558
>delusional millennial
>>
>>56429587
Thanks for proving to me you're just trolling. But I guess I'm the idiot for wasting my time.

Have a nice nice m8.
>>
File: aXm7384xjU.jpg (72KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm7384xjU.jpg
72KB, 650x650px
>>56429099
GOT EEM
>>
>>56428790
>OpenBSD with sendmail?
wtf!

openbsd with its own smptd
>>
File: theofish.png (11KB, 227x226px) Image search: [Google]
theofish.png
11KB, 227x226px
>>56431656
or even openbsd with opensmtpd which is what i meant.
>>
There's literally no reason to host your own mail, just use gmail or Yahoo Mail
>>
>>56431698
that's a choice you take and the risk you take too.
>>
File: 1378152493491.png (219KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
1378152493491.png
219KB, 800x764px
>>56428606
>>56429392
>>56429558
>>56429601
>>56429099
>>56431698

>Don't host your own mail stupid goy!

/g/ - Mossad discussions

>>56428356
DESU a lot of things are needed to make a mailserver work properly, you should read up on port 25 availability, SPF/DKIM/DMARC authentication and of course setting up the server.
>>
>>56428356
Protonmail encrypts your emails with a security key which they warn you that you must absolutely remember or write down as they can not recover it.
>>
>>56432504
Proton also proxies it's traffic through an israeli IXP that has ties to the mossad.

http://www.binat.net.il
>>
>>56432541
Augh fuck off you degenerate tinfoil hat.
>>
>>56432569
Keep trying kike.

http://www.pharmacyreviewer.com/forum/technology/48226-security-question-what-email-do-you-use.html#post749196
>>
File: Dovecot.jpg (81KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
Dovecot.jpg
81KB, 600x402px
Depends first on whether you subscribe to the notion that mandatory access controls do add security. If yes, then Linux with SELinux profiles for smtpd, imapd and all the networking related daemons.
If you believe the complexity of MAC introduces more security flaws than it prevents, OpenBSD is probably a better choice.
Add an SPF record to DNS and implement DKIM.
Configure the firewall to only accept connections to 25 and 587 from just anywhere only accept connections to 993 and 22 from a tunnel interface or the IPs of your home/work/favourite metal foil retailer.
Add SSL cert authentication for both smtpd and imapd.
Use virtual (non-system) accounts for the mail.
Store the e-mails on an encrypted volume that needs to be unlocked with a password on reboot.
Add host based IDS (Tripwire/aide) and a network based IDS ( snort/suricata).
Remember to monitor the output of those IDSs, read security news and have a priest regularly bless the server.
>>
yeah ok kid
>>
>>56428356
airg@p mail hosting provides perfect security, go check them out.
>>
>>56433181
OP: I don't want to rely on third party providers
You: Go check out this provider, OP
>>
>>56431698
>>56432339
Do you honestly believe that you hosting your own mail server is more secure than Google or some other big name? Fucking lol
>>
>>56433578
Why is JTRIG so triggered by this? Literally no one here actually uses email
>>
File: 1459236350814.jpg (20KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1459236350814.jpg
20KB, 256x256px
>outdated technology
>wanting security
>>
>>56433578
I do know for a fact it's more private.
Nobody rifling through the mail I've sent to people who use non-spyware mail services.
Nobody keeping track of where I'm connecting to the mail server from ( I can even spoof the headers of the messages making it appear as if I'm connecting from wherever).
And I get unlimited addresses so I can give out a separate one to each service that requires them for registration making it harder for data miners to link the various accounts to me.
>>
>>56433578
Sure. Because OpenSMTPD and Dovecot aren't configured to support every protocol and use-case under the sun, and the logs for every connection can be read by me from /var/log/maillog (or as I have it configured, a summary placed in a mail folder every Friday). I know what should be in there, and I know what sort of connection attempts I should be seeing.

Mail is simple. Simple enough you can send, receive and read through telnet. Building an insecure mail server is either the result of high-level incompetence or appending needless web bullshit. But I work with mail-servers, so maybe that's just me.
>>
>trusting Google

>I'm okay that someone open all my mails before they reach my house.
>I got no problem with someone knowing all I do in the internet
>There's nothing wrong that someone knows where I'm gooing, have the picture of my sons, know what I bougth online
>I'm okay with a gouvernement reading the mails I send to someone.

E-mails was a mistake
>>
dovecot and postfix.
>>
You faggots act like you have something to hide. The NSA doesn't give a fuck about your Starbucks barista schedule you receive once a week. Grow up losers.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.