[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got pic related at dollar store. Wanted to see if I could format

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_m7idvo8b.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_m7idvo8b.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Got pic related at dollar store.

Wanted to see if I could format it to use as a normal USB drive but it's set as read only.

Is there a way to disable that?

Possibly on the underside under what appears to be glue?
>>
Try to write to it with dd, maybe its formatted as ISO9660 or UDF or some read-only shit.

tl;dr Fill MBR with zeros
>>
I saw a bunch of those at the dollar tree. what's the capacity?
>>
>>56426766
Thats what im trying to figure out, It doesn't even show up in gparted. The files are only taking up like 300mb
>>
>>56426731
If using windows look up how to use DISKPART . It's already Included with Windows
>>
check what chip it is, go to flashboot.ru and figure out what chinky software you need
>>
>>56426799
I'm using loonix.

Kinda scared to plug it into my windows machine
>>
File: IMG_4346.jpg (412KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4346.jpg
412KB, 1280x960px
the other side
>>
how the fuck can linux not tell what the capacity of a simple usb drive is? what a shit os
>>
That USB has no flash memory, it just has a small ammount of SPI flash (8pin chip). Throw it away.
>>
>>56426991

not disagreeing, but how can you tell? just curious. never pulled one apart to see what they look like if its something obvious
>>
>>56426731
So what does this thing actually do in Windows?
>>
>>56427582
it cleans it
>>
>>56426991
This, standard flash memory would have more pins.
>>
>>56427582
it deletes win 32
>>
>>56426823
As long as you have autorun disabled you have nothing to really worry about.
>>
>>56426895
That "glue" has nothing to do with it. That's used to cover up chips that are the bare die that are directly surface mounted to the board.
>>
>>56427582
It's basically a ccleaner clone that you have to pay for and it comes on a stick.

https://youtu.be/ttGo022FrIo?t=379

this video shows what you get with it
>>
>>56426731
Could be ROM
>>
>>56426799
This.

>unplug everything but wangcleanser
>open cmd
>"diskpart"
>wait for new window to open
>"list disk"
>disk0 should be c drive
>wangcleaner should be disk1
>"select disk 1"
>"clean"
>"create partition primary"
>"format fs="FAT32" quick

That's how you erase and format a normal flash drive. If it doesn't work then just throw it away.
>>
Posting for an update. I'm curious to know the size of that drive now.
>>
>>56430542
>wangcleanser
Laughed out loudly.
>>
Also interested in the drive size.
>>
I don't know if anyone has asked this yet, but how much data can the drive store?
>>
lol nwo i need to go get one.
>>
>>56426731
I've been curious as to what is actually on these USBs. They sound like an easy way to spread malware.
>>
>>56430845
>>56430886
>>56431156

it looks like >>56426991 was right.

the drive is only like 4MB
>>
>>56430542
it doesnt even show up in diskpart or gparted
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.