[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It was uncovered this week by Reuters that Google has discontinued

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ara-courtesy-google.jpg (40KB, 840x485px) Image search: [Google]
ara-courtesy-google.jpg
40KB, 840x485px
>It was uncovered this week by Reuters that Google has discontinued Project Ara, its effort to build a modular smartphone. Ara captured many tech watchers’ imaginations with slick prototypes and the possibility of upgrading individual phone components, or swapping out phone components for particular applications.

woah... so this is the power... of modular phones....

how long until tech illiterate normies who do not realize this is pretty much impossible to pull off jump on another modular phone bandwagon?
>>
>>56420513
>tech illiterate normies who do not realize this is pretty much impossible to pull off
you are the type of individual that is right but cucked to the core.
>>
>>56420539
what did he mean by this
>>
>3 posts
>all entirely made of shitty old memes
>>
You will have shit perf due to all the I/O going on, each module needs a bus interface etc, adds latency.
Couple that with the fact that pins waste electricity compared to solder and you have shit battery life.
Plus, your screen will have breaks in it (but only after they figure out how to have a full screen kek), which would require some kind of removable cover that goes over the entire surface, and even then the breaks are still cosmetic.
It will be used for babies, maybe.
>>
>>56420873

>You will have shit perf due to all the I/O going on, each module needs a bus interface etc, adds latency.

The same I/O happens without modules. They could use the USB standard.

>Couple that with the fact that pins waste electricity compared to solder and you have shit battery life.

The resistance added by having pins instead of solder is minimal. Most CPU's aren't wven soldered down.

>Plus, your screen will have breaks in it (but only after they figure out how to have a full screen kek), which would require some kind of removable cover that goes over the entire surface, and even then the breaks are still cosmetic.

The screen isn't a module, and if it is, it's still on the otther side of the phone.

>It will be used for babies, maybe.

Not an argument.
>>
>>56420947
No you fucking dipstick, if they used USB there would be a host controller handling SYN and ACK requests and shit, and 3.1 has DMA so they would use a fucking proprietary interface, and implement protection from DMA.

>The resistance added by having pins instead of solder is minimal. Most CPU's aren't wven soldered down.
Gee thanks for letting me know.

>The screen isn't a module, and if it is, it's still on the otther side of the phone.
So basically the screen just plugs into some shit, I get it, have fun with your 2" thick modular lego phone
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.