[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So according to /g/: >I should change to an obscure OS so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: file.jpg (34KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
34KB, 576x432px
So according to /g/:
>I should change to an obscure OS so I can do the same stuff I do already but less efficiently, but it's okay because it's slightly more personalized
>I'm retarded if I'm currently learning a language that's currently being used in the industry instead of one the board is currently circlejerking
>my phone should have at least 4GB RAM even though I don't do shit on it but do calls on it and texting
>I should change to smaller alternatives of successful programs because I am supossed to fear some Big Brother that could see my Uni assignments and reaction image folder
Did I miss anything?
>>
>if it's popular it's worse - /g/
>>
Someone here said today that you shouldn't use YouTube and torrent every video instead.
>>
File: 1450294318513.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450294318513.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>56418275
Just use the best OS for its intended purpose.

Windows for games
Linux for servers, variety and awesome desktops that fit every need.
Apple if you're an idiot
>>
File: 1466484958399.jpg (95KB, 1306x586px) Image search: [Google]
1466484958399.jpg
95KB, 1306x586px
>>56418275
>tfw
>>
>>56418298
We must sacrifice our convenience for our freedoms.
>>
>>56418292
>unless its systemd, then its popularity makes it okay
>>
>>56418542
but everyone hates systemd as it is shit
>>
>>56418585
you haven't seen the latest systemd shill post, have you?
>>
>>56418342
So unbiased
>>
>>56418275
>8gb ram and less is poorfag-tier and I should be ashamed of using so little
>more than 8gb ram is useless and I should be ashamed for wasting memory
>>
You should use whatever OS fits your needs. Doing data science shit? Linux probly. Doing video editing? Winbows. Doing any normie job? probably winbows. Doing any non-normie job? depends, often loonix.

Learn whatever language you think is best. language circlejerking is retarded, once you learn one language, you learn more, and you code in whatever you need to code in at any given moment unless you're a completely autistic faggot

If you just do calls and texting on your phone then obviously you don't need fucking 4GB of RAM but if you're doing any performance dependent shit then yea it certainly can help especially with how liberal android can be with RAM use lel.

/g/ is fucking retarded about this, seriously so fucking inconsistent. Fucking live how you want to, use the shit you want to, fuck GPL, fuck richard stallman, fuck free software. Use what fucking works. It just so happens theres quite a few GPL free software programs that work pretty fucking well, and if you are stuck on linux then said programs are usually the way to go.
>>
>>56418298
nah you just need to make sure you only use VLC to play youtube videos, cause if you play them in the browser you get tracked, or something
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.