[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you learn programming when you're older? this is what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: oldcomputerperson.jpg (236KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
oldcomputerperson.jpg
236KB, 620x387px
Can you learn programming when you're older? this is what I feel like trying to learn. Any tips?
>>
>>56417541
No. If you're over 15 and haven't formed the nerve connections in your brain needed to programming effectively you are screwed.
>>
I learned at 28.

How old are you?
>>
>>56417586

This. Your programming receptors are now too late to fully be developed to be able to learn to program, there's an interval of a certain age before 15 when the receptors are open.
>>
>>56417541
Might be a little difficult yeah but I don't think it's impossible, varies from one person to another.

Might as well follow the same step as everyone, learn a simple and very abstracted language that makes something useful for you as fast as possible, I recommend Python.

After getting some programs and scripts done, you'll need to learn how that was possible in a more low level way. C/C++ would be the best for that.

For those programming languages, there's a lot of tutorials, books and documents that will help you in your journey.
>>
Sorry guys. It's just a slow going process.
>>56417588
35 here.
>>56417615
Thanks for the advice!
>>
They're supposed to measure your midi-chlorian levels for programming ability by 2 years old and take you away from your family to learn programming from the ascended masters of the programming council. By age 3 it's already too late.
>>
>>56417541
I am 32 and just started learning Java. I picked Java as it is easier than C and C++, has built in GUI framework and pays well (where I live anyway). Sure I might be up against a bunch of pajeets but whatever. The only things I find kind of hard are any maths functions. It has been literally 15 years since I had to use any trig/algebra so I am having to basically learn all that stuff all over again as well which is annoying. I mostly just skip over bits I know I wont need to know though.
>>
>>56417586
>>56417606
/g/ - Neuroscience
>>
>>56418445
Thanks for the reply! I wasn't really a slouch a math back when but I feel you there. It's been so long since I've used/looked at any of it. It seems a lot of languages are taught using math examples and solving math problems and it's a little daunting. I even got 'Python for Kids' since it actually goes through how to code something other than math problems.
>>
>>56418518
Yeah most programming books and stuff seem to concentrate on using it to solve maths problems but i hardly ever find myself having to use maths functions. sure if i do 3d graphics i do but for normal programs with buttons and stuff all i use is logic operators and i/o (file, network etc).

like 90% of programming is iterating over data and doing i/o.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.