[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is cell standby and why did it drain so much of my battery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20160904-015054.png (159KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160904-015054.png
159KB, 1440x2560px
What is cell standby and why did it drain so much of my battery in such a short time went from a full charge to 63 percent how do i stop this? Luckily i have a charger but this is not every night
>>
>>56417140
>what is GSM
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-03-24-23-52-08.png (258KB, 1920x2008px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-03-24-23-52-08.png
258KB, 1920x2008px
Maybe your phone is strong and independent, don't need no owner.

No idea. Kill all processes, clear cache, restart.
>>
>who is general Failure and why is he reading my files
>>
File: 1429569564587.png (33KB, 594x838px) Image search: [Google]
1429569564587.png
33KB, 594x838px
Yeah, I don't know what's going on with your phone. Mine uses ~6% from full charge to empty, if I'm not mistaken. However, I know it's not that much. Not close.

The thing that uses it the most is display along with Clover. Very rarely does something use a lot of battery for me that isn't display unless I'm doing a lot of media and/or browsing, but it's not as much as media.

People say that turning off Wi-Fi calling and some settings in the network fixes it after restart, but I don't know, this seems weird. Others have said that it's because of dead spots. Do you live in a very rural area? I don't know.

I think you'll have to do a factory reset, regardless. Then, just let the phone sit there once you set it back up from the reset.
>>
>>56418056
>Others have said that it's because of dead spots. Do you live in a very rural area? I don't know.
I've heard this as well. When the cellular signal is weak, the phone broadcasts more strongly to try and find any network out there. Surprising it'd use that much though.
>>
>>56417140
if you have a weak network(as we can see in your screenshot), it might be the cause of your heavy drainage. Your phone will spend a lot of efforts getting the signal from the network, and therefore use a lot of battery.
I remember how my first phone, which usually lasted for half a week in normal use, only lasted a day despite minimal use when I was visiting my grandparents before some companies installed antennas nearby their hamlet.
If you’re at home, I’d recommend you consider buying a femtocell for two reasons: first, you won’t have a portable radiation radiator constantly near you or in your pocket, second it will save your battery and reduce its usage and the number of cycles used. Also it is generally not very expensive (at least in my country it is not).
>>
>samsung
It might be problem with your model, try google
>>
Let me guess, you are the same guy that is complaining about System Idle Process eating up his CPU, right?
>>
>>56417140
Is that a samcuck mobile?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.