[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i buy this ASUS ZenBook UX32VD 128gb SSD i7 8gb Ram

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: P_500.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P_500.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
Should i buy this

ASUS ZenBook UX32VD

128gb SSD
i7
8gb Ram
1080p screen

250 dollars used (from 2013)
>>
>>56415289
it has a windows needs repair blue screen, obviously just needs a fresh OS install.

Is there any risk of this screen being a hardware issue?
>>
>>56415383
Blue screen can potentially be hardware, be sure to ask what they attempted to do to fix it.
>>
Bring an Ubuntu CD/Flash drive with you and see if it boots.
>>
>>56415420
0xc000000e
>>
run memtest before buying
>>
I7-3517U
>U
>>
>>56415267
I am using one right now. I love it once you turn off all the throttling shit and readjust the trackpad's sensitivity. Go for it, OP
>>
>>56415749
OS doesn't boot as of now but BIOS boots, can't run memtest without OS
>>
File: Screenshot_20160823_144135.png (214KB, 536x450px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160823_144135.png
214KB, 536x450px
>>56415917
>can't run memtest without OS

this better be bait
>>
>>56415383
>>56415420
>>56415475
I owned two of the 2013 ASUS ZenBook laptops. One was a UX32 and the other a UX301. Well technically I owned four since both were replaced completely after hardware issues. The same issue, as far as I can tell, the motherboard, where its SATA controller is malfunction or it stops recognizing that it has a SATA controller altogether.

Both units had the problem, both were exchanged by ASUS for new units (basically admitting a problem on their end that was beyond simply replacing the SSD or the like). Of the two replacement units the UX32 continues to work, but the new UX301 ended up having the same hardware problem.

In the first year of owning them and going through the first wave of trouble on each device, I did a lot of searching through forums for people with similar problems, and found a bunch, all with 2013-era devices. ASUS seems to have fixed it since, from what I read, none of the owners of newer-at-the-time 2014 models were experiencing the motherboard/SATA/SSD issue but the 2013 models just seem to have some bad selection of parts.

If you can physically examine the device before purchasing, ask to see the BIOS and inspect any storage or SATA settings to confirm that the hardware error isn't the one that I ran with 3 different units. Things to look for would be if it lists no SATA ports, or lists SATA ports but says "empty" instead of showing the device id or serial number.

Power cycle a few times, checking back at BIOS each one, just to make sure it isn't a transient failure. Nothing worse than a laptop that "works every other boot" or "works for a while, then suddenly can't see its hard drive".
>>
>>56415917
>can't run memtest without OS
Have you ever run memtest in your life?
If so, how many times did you run it from within an OS?
Genuinely curious.
>>
>>56416041
thanks for the post, I appreciate it
>>
I want Asus UX306
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.