[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/, what tools do you use to record and organize your thoughts.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Evernote-logo-880x626.png (14KB, 880x626px) Image search: [Google]
Evernote-logo-880x626.png
14KB, 880x626px
Hi /g/, what tools do you use to record and organize your thoughts.

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by the number of things I need to do, and number of things I need to decide upon - and am looking for a place to record and search my thoughts
>>
>>56412373
Plain text or paper
OneNote might be nice but I don't have a surface tablet
>>
>>56412373
On linux, I use zen.
Windows, just notepad.
>>
>>56412666
so you literally type it in? no stylus or anything?

>>56412640
i'm doing pen paper also but sucks for searching and you can't increase the size of a page.
>>
>>56412776
Doesn't solve the search problem but a binder with reinforced paper works very well. When you run out of paper you just add more.

If you want something a little fancier than plain text you could look into using makrdown
>>
Just recently started using Zim myself.

Has everything I need; tagging, folders, basic formatting, attachments, and a spell checker.
>>
>>56412776
Number your pages, tag important keywords on each page and make an index. Use the index if you want to search.
>>
Vim.

vim doc/notes
i
*enter notes*
<ESC>
ZZ
>>
>>56412373
I keep them in my head while I still can. I don't write them down or store them electronically because the NSA or a thief might get their hands on it.
>>
>>56413148
I do this as well, but not because of NSA but because of laziness. Need to get better.
>>
>>56413123
This
I use
:r !date

literally every single day when writing notes and logs.
>>
Try a notebook
they've been around forever and their battery life is phenomenal
>>
>>56412373
Use org-mode in Emacs. It's really amazing.
>>
OneNote 2016. Lens for mobile looks amazing and I love the audio/video search function. The quick note feature where you can use your webcam or mic to record a note is tops. Speech recognition is like wut wut.
>>
>>56412373

TheMacs and .txt files.

Before that, Notepad++.

Take advantage of tabs and splitscreens.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.