[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /g/ think of html5 video? is it the future or is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 14362.jpg (23KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
14362.jpg
23KB, 500x316px
what does /g/ think of html5 video? is it the future or is it just an annoyance?
>>
>>56407352
Well it's sure better than flash video.
>>
>>56407352
Video players are for playing videos.
>>
>>56407352
The future? It's already the present.
>>
Who flash player 10 master race ITT?
>>
Holy shit, have you been sleeping for the past 3 years? Its not the future, html5 video is pretty much the present.
>>
File: gettyimages-503035466.jpg (68KB, 594x360px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-503035466.jpg
68KB, 594x360px
when i open a new link in a tab. i expect the video to LOAD while im in my current tab. not when i go back to the other tab and it load in front of me. whats up with chrome
>>
>>56407400
it's called loading pages on demand and pretty standard to save battery/cpu when you've got a gazillion tabs open
>>
it is the present and it's good
/thread
>>
https://youtube-eng.blogspot.com/2015/01/youtube-now-defaults-to-html5_27.html

Youtube has been HTML5 since Jan 2015, where the fuck have you been?
>>
File: 200px-Brianpeppers.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Brianpeppers.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>56407423
its called i don't want to watch the video load. its called i want the video to load so when i go back to my other tab the video is already playing.
>>
>>56407423
do they have this on firefox? now there is a browser that needs it in my opinion
>>
ITS NOW ITS NOT THE FUTURE YOU PLEB ITS NOW ITS NOT THE FUTURE HURR DURR
yeah i get it, very unhelpful posts guys.
>>
Its great cause you can easily control speed with this:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-speed-controller/nffaoalbilbmmfgbnbgppjihopabppdk
if you're listening to a podcast you can play @ 2.5x.
For normal videos, play at increased speed and reset the speed when it gets interesting.
Yesterday I watched 3 hours of a twitch poker VOD in less than half that time. (using tampermonkey to force the twitch html5 player)
>>
>>56407595
thanks for the link
>>
Html5 video sucks because I can't block it like I can flash
>>
>>56407352
it makes it easier to find the mp4/webm source files, I like how raw it is compared to often locked down flash players.
>>
>>56407449
It'll load in the background when you actually have seen the tab once. At least, it does for me.
>>
Anything that helps kill flash is good.
>>
>browsers have native players
>sites use their own bloated and often broken players instead
>>
>>56407400
When i realized videos opened in new tabs didnt play until you viewed them i was HAPPY. there are dozens of addons dedicated to stopping automatic playback on youtube videos because that shit is annoying, now its like that by default. When i open a vid in a new tab i'm usually not ready to watch it immediately.
>>
>>56408710
good goy, drink that fluoride.
~ Apple
>>
>>56407352
after it was pushed on youtube i tried it out for some time
it was still annoying as fuck like flash so i just went back to watching stuff in mpv
>>
>>56407352
I have installed flash on none of my computers and I can play video on almost every website
>>
>>56407352
The future? It's already the present.
>>
Browsers aren't meant to play video. If I can't watch video in a separate player, it's not worth watching.
>>
It's pretty bad
>>
HTML5 video used to embed mpeg4 or webm. It's not an actual format.
>>
that DASH/HLS delay though, it sucks for livestreaming
>>
How does YouTube disable the "save video as" option on their HTML5 player?
>>
>>56409648
by providing you with a proprietary player that doesn´t have that option
>>
>>56409648
It doesn't, it just replaces the default context menu with a custom one.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.