[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my wife works at the hospital and they had a "all this expensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: pzeUfG9bg5Kx24M9CBYV58-30.jpg (7KB, 180x295px) Image search: [Google]
pzeUfG9bg5Kx24M9CBYV58-30.jpg
7KB, 180x295px
my wife works at the hospital and they had a "all this expensive shit needs to go so buy it for 90% off" sale and she ended up buying me a server rack for 10 bucks. specifically a 2004 hp 10842 g2 42u, picture for ants related. i know literally nothing about rack mount shit. it came with the power strips and breakers and the framework for mounting the racks, but thats it. initially i was either going to just sell it or turn it into the least secure gun cabinet of all time, but if i can set it up and get the proper parts for it that would be even cooler. can i get a starting point and what type or size or whatever racks and shit should i be looking for?
>>
this is what it looks like on the inside
im using stock pictures because it is currently stuck behind shit in my garage and i dont feel like moving everything around again
>>
Just start buying rack servers. They are all the same width just differnt hights and the usally come with rack mounting hardware
>>
>>56406002
Good buy.
>>
>>56406103
so it looks like 42u is the rack size and thats all i really need to look for aside from height?

>>56406144
thanks, they had 2 for 10 each but i barely was able to fit this one in my garage (too wide to go through my doors) so trying to stuff 2 in would have been terrible. oh well.
>>
>>56406161
the doors of my house i mean. the unit was also only 4 inches shorter than where the garage door sits too so we almost had to take it in sideways
>>
>>56406161
No itsr2u´s high so u can fit 42 1u servers or 21 2u servers ect... They are all the same width
>>
u is a mesurement i think its 1.5 inches or something.
>>
>>56406247
>>56406261
oooh ok
>>
>>56406002
If you have no use for it you can flip it for profit.
>>
>>56406261
1RU = 1.75"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.