[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else genuinely excited about Allo? Has Jewgle finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

Is anyone else genuinely excited about Allo? Has Jewgle finally made a cross platform messaging/sms app we can love with and actually enjoy? Or am I being too positive?
>>
Just use telegram
>>
File: 018[1].gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
018[1].gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>56405578
Do I have a reason to use it over imessage? No? Didn't think so.
>>
I find myself using messaging less and less. Unless some fuckers on /g/ start a new general and it catches on where you trade contact info, no one'll care here
>>
>americans still care about SMS

AHAHHAHAHAHHA

Holy shit what year is it?
>>
Does anyone see this realistically becoming a viable competitor? Or will iMessage just continue to be the norm?
>>
Just call them you fucken nigger. Too many fucken messaging apps already all they are doing is using resources keeping 3+ messaging apps open. Also why would you trust google?
>>
>>56405578
>no E2E encryption by default
letrashman.jpg
>>56405678
Unless Google fixes their clusterfuck of 5 different messaging apps, no
>>
>>56405578
the google bot is LITERALLY in your conversations

there are so many alternatives that are better
>whatsapp
>imessage
>discord
>wechat
>just plain sms
>>
>>56405578
>messaging
I thought this was 2016.
>>
>>56405594
it's cross platform. don't think you have friends though.
>>
>>56405641
If they do it right, maybe allo its what finally gets americans to switch from this dated standard
>>
>>56405578
>tfw at this point ai makes up chat replies
>>
>>56405735
I'm not poor and neither of my friends, so we all have iphones. In case you weren't aware Android is nigger tier technology. Why would I make concessions on my own platform to make some user of an inferior product have a better experience?
>>
>>56405578
>no seamless fallback to SMS
dropped
>>
>>56405850
How high did your mother drop you?
I'm guessing it must have been over 5 feet, but I'm never too sure about these things
>>
>>56405870
Butthurt android fag detected

You might not like the truth, but this is a major reason why this app won't be successful.
>>
>>56405641
calm down rick
>>
>>56405850
Does being poor mean not being a retard cuck who gets fucked out of their hardware when they dont want to upgrade? If so then im fine being poor. I call it not being a shithead
>>
File: You.jpg (53KB, 525x508px) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
53KB, 525x508px
>>56405904
>he thinks I'm defending the jewsms
>considers android to be inferior

Expandable memory, free apps and music, customization, rooting.. Yeah these are all awful things. Hail Apple.
English might not be your first language, but you could at least make an effort, Ranjit. Happy click shilling
>>
>>56405578
>we can love with and actually enjoy?

Why do I need to love a messaging app? I'm not autistic, I can use any piece of shit that actually works.
>>
>>56406003
>free apps and music, customization, rooting
Androidfags are such huge plebs
>>
>>56405578
I think it looks neat but I thought it would have been out by now
>>
>>56405641

must suck to be you if you don't sms often.
>>
>>56405678

iMessage is not the norm, Whatsapp is the norm (worldwide)
>>
>that xkcd comic about having 'one single standard'
>>
>>56406003
I'm going to break it down point by point why none of this matters for shit

>Expandable memory
Buy the phone with the right amount of storage in the first place. Expandable storage is slow, unreliable, and with inconsistent and shoddy support.

>free apps and music
iPhone doesn't have free apps and music? You're doing something wrong.

>customization, rooting
I don't have any need to do any "customization" or "rooting" which are codewords for "just spend several hours unfucking your phone from touchbloatwiz and whatever other shovelware advertisement software the manufacturer shoved on because Android allows them"

So basically the "benefits" you've mentioned are actually that android:
-Ships with gimped storage and foists the cost of upgrade on the user (this was the original motivation for using removable storage vs internal storage BTW, know your own history)
-Serves me advertisements for some shitty software that is a hassle to remove

WOW sign me up senpai sounds great.
>>
like ok i get that literally the only reason this exists is because google want you to live inside their particular ecosystem, but that doesn't make it good or useful as a messaging client

i use sms because all i send is 'i'm on my way' or other such shit, fire-and-forget messages i don't care about. i don't need a miniature facebook or neural net 'i notice you're looking for italian restaurants nearby' garbage.

there's no space for alternate messaging clients that aren't either facebook, snapchat, whatsapp, or plain sms (with/without imessage). none at all. nix, zip, zilch, nada
>>
>>56406003
>pooinloo finds (you) in shoes
>>
attn: everyone in my contacts list, i want you all to stop using the apps you already use and are familiar with, and instead use this new app because i want a few shots of 'using new thing' dopamine from my brain. also you'll be confused and feel useless because it's not the same app you're used to, but i don't care and will badger you to install the thing
>time passes
attn: everyone in my contacts list,
>>
>>56405850
You're probably not any sort of STEM major then, maybe even let alone college. If you are then it's probably CS and your friends are bad at it.
Roughly 90% of my classmates use Android if it is a STEM class. (California if it makes a difference)
>>
>>56406252
Who the fuck still uses sms like seriously. People nowadays use whatsapp, FB messenger or Line or anything other than sms
Unless you're my grandma cause I forgot to add her in Line
>>
>>56406352
>Dismissing external storage
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>56405641
>>56406252
You know, your friends and family may not be online 24/7. What a concept, aye?
>>
>>56405586
>Shit security
>>
The only reason iMessage works is because apple just does it without really asking their users. The only way this would work is if Google bucked up and did the same thing, where every android devices' default messenger was a over-net messenger connected to google accounts/phone number.
>>
>>56405641
WHY

Why dont they switch to messenger like whatsapp or whatever?

Something that isnt limited to a few character and has proper groupchats/file sharing.

iPhone users have iMessage but android users are stuck using SMS. No wonder they are so cucked by apple there.
>>
>>56407198
Didn't they try that with hangout ?
>>
>>56407287
They didn't force it, you didn't have to use it and most people didn't because they were used to using whatever the already used. On iPhone the SMS and iMessage app are one and the same, that's how apple got away with it. Android could do the same thing, but there would probably be push back from manufacturers who are either trying to push their own SMS app/messaging program or don't want to include the additional bloat in their roms. What google should do is make it an easy to implement module that just does group messaging and over net messaging based off google account/phone number and nothing else that they freely let individual SMS app developers implement in any SMS app. But instead they want to reinvent facebook messenger/kik/whatsapp which just isn't going to happen because see what >>56406410 said.
>>
>>56406256
This. The U.S. is the exception to the rule
>>
>>56406076
got em good
>>
>>56405727
>there are so many alternatives that are better
then why did you choose all the shitty ones
>>
>>56407143
>no citations
>>
trying to make a new messaging app now is like trying to make a new video sharing website. Whatsapp and iMessage already have a monopoly on that market, the others are only used by terrorists, conspiracy theorists and nymphomaniacs who want to send nudes to strangers *coughkikcough*
>>
Telegram is the only option.
If your messenger isn't equally is integrated with literally everything, then security my ass.
>oh no it would be technically possible to decrypt messages because about memes and anime
>>
>>56407620
literally this
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.