[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mozilla is back: http://www.cnet.com/news/mozilla-gi ving-h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Mozilla_dinosaur_head_logo.png (131KB, 1300x929px) Image search: [Google]
Mozilla_dinosaur_head_logo.png
131KB, 1300x929px
Mozilla is back:

http://www.cnet.com/news/mozilla-giving-half-of-firefox-users-a-snappier-browser-with-electrolysis-project/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa0h&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=57ca322604d3013b5c54e94d&utm_medium=trueAnthem

How it makes you feel?
>>
>>56403370
Just prepare yourself, meme spewing google shills will flood this good thread.
>>
>>56403370
Can you turn it off. I would really like to avoid firefox eating all of my cpu like it tries to with my ram. Someone please fix midori crashes so i can use a less shitty browser.
>>
tldr, not gonna read shit from a person that works as a clickbat/internet articles "content" creator
>>
http://www.cnet.com/news/mozilla-giving-half-of-firefox-users-a-snappier-browser-with-electrolysis-project :^)
>>
Awesome, Firefox can almost offer ~50% of it's users what Chrom{e,ium} has offered 100% of it's users for the past 5 years.

>>56403385
Ah yes, the good old "anyone pointing out facts must be a shill" defence classic of MozShilla drones. $100 has been donated to your LGBQT "charity" of choice.
>>
>>56403529
Honestly, I find Firefox on 'Buntu more stable than Chrome.
>>
>>56403406
It's optional, unlike chrome.

give k-melon a try if you need a lightweight browser
>>
>>56403529
Turn down the projection, I'm going to go blind.
>>
>>56403471
You're a god.
>>
>>56403370
literally a/b testing
>>
Policeman doesn't work all that well with e10s, I'll have to use uMatrix instead and exporting all those rules will be a massive headache.
>>
With how long firefox has gone to screw over its users. It may not be enough to get them all back, unless chrome fucks up somewhere
>>
>>56403370
mozilla was never gone

what they really need to do is finish servo and replace gecko with it
what they actually need to do is write the js interpreter in the safe language because thats where memory safety is required the most
>>
>>56404050
IMHO, Chrome already fucked up by enabling smooth-scrolling by default and hiding it behind a flag, as well as removing backspace = previous page. They aren't huge differences, but they make a large impact.

Also, when Chromium was in it's first releases, they implemented Greasemonkey scripts inside of the browser without need of an extension.

Chromium might be good for developer tools, but it has certainly lost me as far as "normal browsing" goes.
>>
>>56403370
I wonder how good this idea is. Time to break all add-ons? Hrm.
>>
File: 1472721383181.png (243KB, 970x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1472721383181.png
243KB, 970x1088px
>>
>>56403406
>just gave midori a try this afternoon
>wouldn't stop fucking crashing
I have never found a reason to use anything other than PM.
>>
>>56403370
as of now it's as slow and bullshit as always
>>
>>56404103
desu i personally think firefox dev tools are superior
>>56404224
lmoa fuck off
>>
>>56404103
eh im indifferent. But regardless is still won't be enough to get the others back

>>56404164
why would they bother with that?
>>
>>56404445
To replace mp3 as the dominant normie format
>>
>>56404103
The flag will be removed eventually.
You can get both back with extensions.
>>
>>56404241
>lmoa fuck off
no its true. However slow is not entirely the case its more smoothness in how the user interacts with it
>>
>>56404022
Haven't used Policeman but from looking at images on Google its interface looks like a lot more work to navigate than uMatrix so just that should be a reason to switch. I used NoScript+RequestPolicy before and didn't bother to migrate the rules, thought it was better to just start over. Doesn't take more than a few seconds to set up most sites (I have only images+CSS enabled by default and then I experiment with the rest until the website work with as little as possible enabled) and once it's done you don't have to do it again.
>>
>>56404843
Policeman is a much smaller addon than uMatrix and came out sooner, also it blocks more things, at least it did but I haven't checked in a while.
>>
>>56403370
it isn't slow for me, but I use it for addons, over 30 by now, if it breaks the addons I'll just stop using it
>>
How do I check if I can use E10S?
I'm using either Firefox dev and nightly on my computers. Is it enabled by default?
>>
>>56406025
>dev and nightly
You're already using it
>>
>>56403406
Qupzilla. It's just like Midori with a layer of polish.
>>
>>56403529
Right on time, shill.
>>
Who cares about Electrolysis?

I'm waiting for Oxidation to go all the way. Long live Servo!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.