[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, /g/s, what's the verdict? 21:9 curved 34" or two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1500x844px
so, /g/s, what's the verdict?
21:9 curved 34" or two nice, energy efficient 24"?

the two 24" are not substantially cheaper, but will use substantially less energy. generally, i would also prefer EIZO over Dell, but that's more of a sidenote. in terms of screen real estate, they're 7.5% apart in favor of the curved.
>>
>21:9
>34"
Too big and too fucking wide.
>two 24"
Dual screen is shit and useless. Learn to manage your windows. 1 24" screen is fucking fine.
>>
I dunno.
Only used a 11" laptop screen since 2010.
And it works just fine when I use dwm.
>>
Dual 24s
One portrait
One landscape

All a brother needs
>>
>>56401997
dual monitors is reddit as fuck. either get the 21:9 or a nice 1440p and learn to manage your windows properly.
>>
File: but thats wrong.png (284KB, 728x745px) Image search: [Google]
but thats wrong.png
284KB, 728x745px
>>56402068
>dual monitors is reddit as fuck

how even
>>
>>56402006
>>21:9
>>34"
>Too big and too fucking wide.

nope.png
>>
I feel like the ultra-wide screen is just for immersive gaming. If that's the sort of thing you like, you should go for it. Same size dual monitors seems kind of wacky. If you're gonna go dual monitors I'd favor one large screen (27″ probably) and a smaller one in portrait orientation. This is popular for artists, they put their primary window on the main monitor and controls and references on the side one. I'm not an artist but I like it anyways. I enjoy gaming fullscreen with chat and other stuff on the second monitor.

Personally, I'm waiting to change monitors until OLEDs have come out and there's a little more support for higher res, like 2160p.
>>
>>56402095
Who the hell maximizes their browser these days?
>>
>>56402006
>Too big and too fucking wide.
i've sat in front of one. it's actually quite amazing to work, the curvature really does wonders for how the size feels.
>Dual screen is shit and useless
well, i know what you mean actually. i'm not a big fan either, although it hugely depends on what you're doing. hence, the big curved monitor: screen estate like two displays, manageable like one.

>>56402025
i do love my x230, it's literally the perfect laptop. however, i hook it up to a 23" FHD display at work and it's just much more comfortable to work on.

i apologize, i should've specified my use cases.
- office shit (browser, email, the usual)
- some layout and powerpoint work
- lots and lots and lots of code

... and my environments
- OS X, slate for window management, lots of iTerm
- Linux, i3wm
- vim
>>
>>56402121
who the hell thinks that how it always is? I was hiding what was under it.

protip: tranny pron
>>
7:3 monitors are fantastic for video work. With the extra horizontal space I can increase productivity by making shit easier to visualize as I can see more things without having to scroll left or right as much.
>>
>>56402080
entirely unnecessary, makes you feel l33t, only useful as a windows user
>>
>>56402145
niger u dumb, 21:9 is perfect for editing
>>
>>56402156
that is literally what i said
>>
>>56402156
>can't reduce fractions
>>
>>56402161
no u said... oh fuck you
>>
>>56402167
105:45 is where it's at.
>>
File: Conkey360.jpg (128KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Conkey360.jpg
128KB, 800x800px
>>56402178
>Not just using 320:180
>>
>>56402006
>I have never done something useful with my computer
>>
>>56401997
>21:9 curved 34"
>21:9
>34"
why?
>>
>>56402290
How about stating some reasons for your confusion instead of posting like a retard?
>>
>>56402222
16:9*
>>
>>56401997
i'm more interested in that mouse and keyboard

do they even exist?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.