[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>takes months to learn about cars >try to learn about computers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: shingo.gif (2MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
shingo.gif
2MB, 480x320px
>takes months to learn about cars
>try to learn about computers when I'm done learning about cars
>computers are vastly more complicated

Why are they so confusing /g/?
>>
Electrons and shit.
Everything operates under the same physical principles, you're just looking at different levels of scale.
Each transistor is just a gate controlling the flow of current in order to perform a function. Each valve in a transmission controls the flow of fluid to perform a function to.

Funfact: An automatic transmission itself is a computer
>>
File: Initial.D.full.1184790.jpg (207KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Initial.D.full.1184790.jpg
207KB, 1024x768px
>>56397593
It's because you are learning about computers. That's what you're doing wrong.

Your computer should be teaching you instead.

Code to learn. Troubleshoot to learn. Don't do the reverse.

I don't drive, but I take an interest in the engineering principles and physics involved with automobiles. I can't imagine learning to drive without first learning how every piece is put together so I understand the limits of the machine and form driving habits with those limits in mind, or by doing whatever in a car and then finding out what breaks it and/or what is unsafe trial and error.
>>
Mechanical versus Electrical.

Entriely different concepts.

What does the ECU do? How do the sensors function? How do you take that data and apply it to mechanical concepts?

Then you have the speed at which computers are advancing. The same basic concept used in a car from 50 years ago, is still the same basic principle of a car built today. In computers six months is an eternity, how a chip functions and how you communicate with it is drastically different.
>>
File: 1453321663582.jpg (603KB, 3757x2411px) Image search: [Google]
1453321663582.jpg
603KB, 3757x2411px
>>56398261
>I don't drive, but I take an interest in the engineering principles and physics involved with automobiles. I can't imagine learning to drive without first learning how every piece is put together so I understand the limits of the machine and form driving habits with those limits in mind, or by doing whatever in a car and then finding out what breaks it and/or what is unsafe trial and error.

ok poindexter
>>
>>56398261
>trial and error
>in a car
You would be out a car and possibly your life. Computers are safe, the most you can do through misuse is break the software, which is easy and free to replace. Your car doesn't work like that, misuse results in expensive repair and car accidents.
>>
>>56398261
This is an outstanding post.

Best bait I've seen in awhile.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.