[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will the megapixel meme die? I'm so sick of seeing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Jolla-Mobile-Camera.jpg (69KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
Jolla-Mobile-Camera.jpg
69KB, 1023x682px
When will the megapixel meme die?

I'm so sick of seeing, especially here on 4chan,
pictures of 3mb and 3000x4000 resolution.

Fucking triggers me.
Megapixels is one of the biggest hoaxes in technology.
>>
>>56393583
When will autism die?
>>
I agree. Would rather have a one megapixel camera but with amazing sensor and aperture than fifty megapixel garbage
>>
File: 125080.jpg (3KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
125080.jpg
3KB, 96x96px
>>56393583

Yeah, like, why does anyone care about Image Resolution anyway? When was the last time you even viewed an image in full size? I haven't opened an image file in years! Thumbnails are good enough. They give me the idea and thats all I need.
>>
And when it is this "FULL HD" meme shit gonna die out?
Nobody fucking cares.
Nobody would have Full HD if the kikes in the electronics industry didn't push it.
1280x1024 is MORE than enough for the shit people do on PCs.
>>
>>56393792
Triggered
>>
File: 33.jpg (1KB, 35x35px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
1KB, 35x35px
>>56393811

Just like a SJeW to get triggered by THE FACTS.
>>
File: DSC00291.jpg (3MB, 4000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00291.jpg
3MB, 4000x6000px
>>56393583

I wish more phones could actually focus properly, I'd kill for a 100% crop that allowed manual focus easily.
>>
>>56393843
You do view images in their full resulutions all the time e.g. favicons of sites and your wallpaper
>>
more importantly why is there a picture of a jolla phone
>>
Samsung™ Galaxy S7 Edge doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>56393871
It's an unpremeditated picture.
>>
>>56393869

Thats a good resolution for photos tho. Thumbnail size.
Also, my wallpaper is black. Why the fuck do people even have wallpapers for? Waste of RAM
>>
>>56393961
Hello my black wallpaper master race friend!
>>
>>56393583
>3mb
Wow, that's a lot.
>>
>>56394058
See
>>56393807

Can literally store 1000x of >>56393807 in 3mb. Accomplishes the same goal. Why spend 3mb to see someone holding a picture of a phone? 3kb would be fine. I can see the woman holding the kind in the 3kb image just fine.
>>
>>56393583
My favorites are the cellphone pics in battlestation threads with maximum resolution, very loose jpg compression, extreme noise reduction while out of focus and/or blurred because someone moved during the exposure. Like this one: >>56389016

Larger resolution has its advantages but for most content posted here it's of no use. Especially not when the image usually resolves far, far less than the resolution of the sensor.

The photography board has a nice rule of images being under 1 MB in size and 1000px wide on the longest edge. Basically both of those are automatically satisfied if you just scale the image to 1000 pixels on the longest edge and use jpg for photographs like a sensible human being. Should there be a reason to post a higher resolution version, you can always do that afterwards or just provide a link to it. It keeps the picture heavy threads easy to load and almost always shows all the necessary information for the picture in question.
>>
File: k.jpg (2MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
2MB, 4000x2992px
>>
>>56393807
full hd is 1980x1024 idiot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.