[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now, let me preface this entire thread with the acknowledgement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 50014753_87418 (ZoomImage).jpg (60KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
50014753_87418 (ZoomImage).jpg
60KB, 1200x1200px
Now, let me preface this entire thread with the acknowledgement that I'm don't know about computer, so I apologize in advance for wrong terminology.

My laptop is stupid. It has 16 gig of RAM in it, and it has a retarded charger to match. 20 volts, something like 6.9 amps. One day, it broke, and like a fool I bought a Belkin Universal, pic related, to replace it without realizing it's of a lesser output. Because it's not strong enough to power it properly, what happens is the performance of the machine goes to shit and the brightness tanks itself to the very bottom in order to charge my machine while in use. This has been an accepted part of my life for a long while now; my laptop is just fucking shit when it's plugged in, and I have to use it in 18-minute bursts because the battery doesn't last any longer than that, even at 100%.

I wake up today, realize it's been unplugged from my shitty low-energy cord and remedy this. It's at 7% when I turn it on, and I notice something.
My laptop isn't a piece of shit while it's plugged in anymore. The screen is bright and it's as fast as how it used to be. For reference, there was a significant delay when typing anything and often captchas would unverify themselves in the interim of solving it, clicking post and the message actually sending. That's how bad my machine is when it was plugged in. And now it's responsive and chirpy again, for seemingly no reason. I'm terrified to unplug it or restart it, of course, on the chance that my luck will run out, but otherwise I'm fucking ecstatic at this. And there's no explanation for why this could've happened online.

Does anyone have any similar stories about technology just being fucking sorcery and doing things that should be impossible? [spoiler] And possibly an explanation for my own phenomenon?
>>
[spoiler]Magic[/spoiler]
>>
Tl;dr
>>
>>56393682
TL:DR computer does magic things that aren't possible, has anyone else experienced literally impossible things happening with computers
>>
i had sex with my thinkpad
>>
>laptop
>16gb ram

wtf my dude
>>
On this episode of /g/: Retard falls for 16GiB meme in a fucking laptop (probably gaymen with nvidia housefire integrated in it) and discovers what battery-saving mode is

Stay tuned for more autism
>>
>>56393783
>not showing the third option, freedom
>>
Theres a sticker on the bottom of the laptop that states required voltage and amps, theres a sticker on the charger that tells how mant volts and amps it will supply, theres a sticker on the battery that describes voltage output and how many hours of one amp draw of power it can supply.

Yes i bought a tank of a laptop that would lock all cores at 0.8ghz until a charger that worked came along. Got it for a steal because the previous owners didnt know how a power supply worked, like you op.
>>
>>56393783
Actually I got it as a work laptop. The only game I've ever played on it, except for emulated stuff in VBA and the like, is Civ III. Otherwise I just saw a 16 gig laptop for 230 Aus dollarydoos and I knew I needed a new one for work, so I didn't hesitate.

I don't think it's battery-saving mode, either. I tested it a few times and essentially it boils down into the fact that I've just been ramming the thing into the port, when what I needed to do was slowly tease it in and, for some reason, that makes a difference. Again, literal computer sorcery.
>>
>>56393841
My laptop is 20v and 6.75A, and this charger is 19v and 4.74A. I've looked at my previous ones, and they're all 19v too. That was my mistake all along I guess, buying shitty computers.
>>
>>56393928
Eh just look for a 150w laptop charger on ebay.
>>
>>56394015
That's the beautiful part, anon. I don't NEED those anymore because this severely underpowered charger is somehow strong enough to now replace my old one. The only thing I can think of is that it was always strong enough to, but it was intentionally kneecapped and locked to a lower amp for whatever reason, and by doing nothing I've fixed that somehow. None of this makes any fucking sense to me.
>>
>>56394067
Oh neat, lil program called throttlestop will fix the low amp charger fuck you user performance issues if it ever poops again, never had to force a screen back on tho. Charger will heat up a fair bit.
>>
>>56394067
And after actually reading your post my guess is that you broke the center pin on the charger plug or port. Two brokes make a fixed.
>>
>>56393492
>>>56393783
>Actually I got it as a work laptop. The only game I've ever played on it, except for emulated stuff in VBA and the like, is Civ III. Otherwise I just saw a 16 gig laptop for 230 Aus dollarydoos and I knew I needed a new one for work, so I didn't hesitate.
>
>I don't think it's battery-saving mode, either. I tested it a few times and essentially it boils down into the fact that I've just been ramming the thing into the port, when what I needed to do was slowly tease it in and, for some reason, that makes a difference. Again, literal computer sorcery.

It's not sorcery if you have an explanation. You're literally describing what the problem and solution is. Do you normally call magic on things you already understand?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.