[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry to shit up the board with this, but this doesn't have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Sorry to shit up the board with this, but this doesn't have an appropriate general.

I'm building an entirely new PC for gaming (I only have an rMBP) and this build is about $1700. Anything I'm missing here? Anything I could do better on? I prefer to order with Amazon because they have a pretty good RMA policy and Prime.
>>
I recommend that you install the following in your build
>gentoo keyboard
>gentoo motherboard
>gentoo fans
>gentoo cpu
>gento gpu
>gentoo ssd
>gentoo psu
>gentoo monitor
>gentoo DDR4
>gentoo tower case

Don't forget to install Gentoo on your new computer.
>>
>>56391333
Thanks,

Should I buy Windows 10 or Pirate?
>>
>>56391539
>using botnet 10 spyware edition at all
>>
>>>/v/
>>
Pretty good, but I recommend including a gaming keyboard, gaming mobo, gaming ram with heatsinks, gaming mouse, gaming fans and gaming tower case.
>>
>>56391205
>rMBP
Found your problem.
>>
here are my suggestions:

1. Have you typed with cherry clears before? They're not really ideal for gaming at all. You'll likely want blues or browns(clicky vs silent). If you really love clears go for it I guess.

2. I'd suggest making sure your case will have enough fans. IDK what that case comes with. You want 3-4 exhaust fans(2-3 out of the top, 1 out of the back) and 1-2 BIG intake fans in the front or lower side of the case.

You probably want to add a HDD for storage. AAA games are like 50gb now. 500 goes fast, and a lot of games dont really benefit from being on an SSD.

Now here's the part where I have to give you some bad news.

A 1070 is overkill for the monitor you're buying. Yes it's 144hz, but at 1080p the 1070 is going to be pulling that at high settings and you're going to be a dummy gaming on ultra high settings at 1080p. It's far better to do lower settings on 1440p, but honestly the gtx 1070 can handle 1440p at good settings and 144fps pretty well so if you have no budget just replace the monitor and continue normally.

Most of the reason you want a big GPU is to run a better monitor. Using a 1080p monitor on a nearly $2000 gaming rig is just silly.

So, here's my recommendation - double or triple your monitor budget, or buy a cheaper GPU if you're sticking to 1080p. A GTX 1060 will give you the same practical performance on 1080p as the 1070 will. You're not going to be able to tell the difference between high and very high settings on a 1080p, 24 inch monitor. It just won't happen.

If your budget is spent, go ahead and upgrade to a better monitor and downgrade the GPU. Play on medium/high settings or whatever to pull 144fps with a 1060 on your nice 1440p monitor and you will be happier than playing on 1080p ultra. I promise.

Then you'll have a kick ass monitor, and you can upgrade the GPU next generation to move into 1440p ultra territory.
>>
>>56393619
To clarify on the idea of being a dummy for playing at ultra 1080p -

the differences between high and ultra settings are pretty minimal on most games. You just don't get much out of it. Every game I've played in the last 5 years has looked significantly better on upper medium-lower high settings at 1440p than it has on very high/ultra 1080p.

1080p is still fine, but you should be looking at 1080p if your budget is like $1000, not nearly $2000.

If you're really fine sticking with that monitor just go for a straight downgrade on GPU to either a 1060 or RX 480. If you're keeping the same budget drop down the GPU and use the extra $200 on a 1440p monitor. If you have no budget just straight up buy a nice 1440p 144hz gsync monitor and be happy.
>>
>>56391205
stop using chrome on a macbook
>>
>>56393619
Your first point is stupid. mechanical switches are almost 100% personal preference. I game on clears all the time and never have any problems. I like blues a little more but they're too damn loud for me, and browns don't feel as nice as clears to me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.