[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Kingston SSDs reliable? Was going to gamble on a 240gb KingDian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: HD101KS_141408_800x800.jpg (60KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
HD101KS_141408_800x800.jpg
60KB, 800x800px
Are Kingston SSDs reliable?

Was going to gamble on a 240gb KingDian chink SSD off Amazon, but the Kingston UV400 is only $5 more.
>>
Get a Samsung Pro.

Delete your thread now.
>>
>>56390078
Shill
>>
>>56390078
Have an 850 evo. Need more space. Sammy is great but are they really deserving of the premium?
>>
>>56389982
I have two kingston ssd, one on my laptop and the other on my bigass tower, both work without issues, and one has been going on since 2013 and it's still at 100%
>>
Literal bait-and-switch SSDs

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand
>>
>>56390109

samsung is shit
deal with it
(sandisk owner)
>>
Literally the only good option for a budget SSD is the samsung evo series. If you save $10 and get some shitty kingston or adata you were well-cucked
>>
Kingston is shady, they switched out the insides of a particular model of SSD with cheaper components and never informed anyone. People only noticed when they started getting shit performance.
>>
>>56389982
Just get a Sandisk SSD Plus.

You'll thank me later.
>>
>>56390109
They're fine for consumer use. Not the best pricing, but good R/W speeds and such, and they cost not ridiculously more than the Crucial offerings.
Short of going to enterprise drives (the larger sandisk offerings, bigger samsung offerings, etc) or NVMe, Samsung SSDs are good enough. Look for a sale though.
>>
no problems with hyperx 3k on my desktop after few years of use, V300 is slow but works just fine

they work just fine but i would go with 850 EVO or something
>>
UV400 is fine. Just don't put it in a laptop.
>>
>>56390171
Literally the only reason to buy Samsung is their pro series. If you edit 4k videos and need the performance, you should get the Samsung Pro. In all other cases, the lowest $/GB SSD will be just fine.
>>
>>56390276
No, I got an evo so they're obviously the best
>>
>>56390266
Why?
>>
I haven't had any issues with mine 6 months in.
>>
>>56390266
i got one and put it in a laptop, will i die
>>
I put kingstons into cheap setups for poor people

Usually recommend sandisk or samsung but no one listens. keeps me in a job when something goes wrong.
>>
>>56390295
I guess >>56390266 was full of it
>>
Well, it doesn't matter anyway.

Kingston drive, even with prime shipping, wouldn't show up until next Friday. A Crucial 275gb at $10 more will show up Sunday. Fuck you Amazon for forcing me to buy a superior drive
>>
>>56390295

Because it doesn't have a low power state crucial for laptops. It's a budget SSD, so they cut corners somewhere.
>>
>>56390317

Just wish you did as it sucks up more battery then some of it's competition.
>>
i've been out of the loop since the ocz and sandforce debacle. are samsung and intel still the safest bets when it comes to ssd?
>>
>>56390622
Consumer SSDs have matured enough so you don't have to fear ocz tier bullshit nowadays.
>>
>>56389982
Their flash drives are, but that is the limit of what I know about them.
>>
>>56389982
I have a hyperx savage and it works as advertised. Their V300 SSDs are trash though.
>>
File: 1460322450868.png (479KB, 528x647px) Image search: [Google]
1460322450868.png
479KB, 528x647px
>>56390158
>not having 3d stacked SSD's
>almost 2017
>mfw
sandisk and the rest of WD's subsidiary are shit
>>
Mx300 is literally the best bang fot buck ssd
>>
performance characteristics for an SSD don't mean shit, only latency. all the 'premium' SSDs currently just degrade performance after the first few hours of use to the level of any cheap SSD as well.
>>
I can't get a Samsung for a normal non crazy price in my country.
My options are: Kingston, Adata, Sandisk or PCBOX.

Which one would /g/ recommend?
>>
>>56390981
nvidia
>>
>>56390936
Literally just bought the mx300 275gb over the Kingston UV400 because it was only $10 more and rapes the Kingston in comparison
>>
>>56391091
I dont care just trust me nvidia is better
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.