[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does 4chan still use ReCaptcha when it's proven that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Googbotnet.png (340KB, 735x1643px) Image search: [Google]
Googbotnet.png
340KB, 735x1643px
Why does 4chan still use ReCaptcha when it's proven that it deanonymizes its users? Aren't there any alternatives?
>>
>>56389858
moot was never really about anonymity, it was all an act to get hired by Google. This was the his little hobby project to get the Google job.
>>
>>56389900
4chan isn't and has never been anonymous in such way that you're anonymous to everyone. You're only anonymous to other users of the website.
>>
Buy a 4chan pass with bitcoin then dumbass
>>
>>56389917
good luck buying bitcoin anonymously.
>>
>>56389916
>You're only anonymous to other users of the website.

Not to another user who wanted to deanonymize me and had the skill to do it. The way they'd do it would be through that Google captcha.
>>
>>56389900
who the fuck is moot?
>>
>>56389962
I hope you're trolling.
>>
File: 1452298631190.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1452298631190.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>56389962
(You)
>>
>>56389916
I think he blocked tor nodes after 2 days.
>>
>>56389926
kek
>He doesn't know how to do it
>>
>>56389916
Then literally youtube is "anonymous if you call yourself by a false name
>>
>>56389952
>deanonymize someone else through Captcha
Holy shit don't forget your tinfoil hat against gubment rays
>>
>>56390008
ye ye.
>>
>>56390026
You sound like a Windows user.
>>
>>56390018
that's called pseudonymous
>>
being anonymous is for pussays.
>>
>>56389952
You aren't anonymous to those people with or without captcha.
>>
Because m00t and chinkm00t do not give a fuck about you or your anonymity.
>>
>>56389858
>>56390026
Stop being retarded. I don't know why people still think that 4chan and Google don't keep logs and identifying information. It's called data retention laws and warrants. It's not even supposed to be a secret.
>>
>>56390274
I'm well aware. I was calling that anon who said other users can deanonymize you through Captcha a retard.
>>
>>56390718
You're the retard if you think a skilled hacker can't deanonymize you when Google is deanonymizing you through http. Fucking Windows users these days.
>>
>>56389962

Moot

adjective

1.opentodiscussionordebate;debatable; doubtful:

2.oflittleornopracticalvalue,meaning,or relevance;purelyacademic:
>>
>>56390718
Here's a link for you, Windows user.

https://www.blackhat.com/docs/us-16/materials/us-16-Sivakorn-HTTP-Cookie-Hijacking-In-The-Wild-Security-And-Privacy-Implications-wp.pdf
>>
File: httphijacking.png (448KB, 1275x733px) Image search: [Google]
httphijacking.png
448KB, 1275x733px
>>56390826
>https://www.blackhat.com/docs/us-16/materials/us-16-Sivakorn-HTTP-Cookie-Hijacking-In-The-Wild-Security-And-Privacy-Implications-wp.pdf
>>
>>56389900
This
>>
>>56390826
>windows users dont make conspiracies abouthow eveil google wants their balls

HURR DURR WINDOWS USERS
>>
>>56391384
>got rekt
>ignored the proof a hacker can deanonymize you through Google captcha
>>
>>56389858
Not even that, the worst is that they fell for the new CAPTCHA system. The old one was just an image Google served. But the new system requires JavaScript and allows Google to track you much better.

The promise was that it would be the 'no CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA', that you wouldn't have to solve a CAPTCHA the majority of the time. But really, how often does that happen? Almost never. Always you have to select some bullshit squares. Google lied. They tricked people into implementing this new system by claiming that it would be better for users, too, since there would be no need to solve a CAPTCHA, just click the box and that's it :^). But now they are using it to refining their image recognition software and most likely to track users even more.
>>
>>56390274
It's one thing if gookmoot and the nsa knows, google is another.
>>
>>56389916
This. Read up on what moot said about anonymity.
This isn't some darknet site for illegal operations. It's a social site with no names so you're not currying e-peen and censoring yourself due to social stigma. We can be our true selves here. Real anonymity is beside the point. If you backtrace an anon to his pseudonymous accounts or to his IRL identity, all you've got is, "HE POSTS ON 4CHAN!" Which means absolutely nothing because millions of us do. This is an open site and anyone can post.

4chan isn't about giving anyone protections from legal consequences for illegal activities, it's just about taking the social filters off as we practice our Freedom of Speech. If your country doesn't have Freedom of Speech, don't come here thinking 4chan is giving it to you. This is site for American weebs to talk about weeb stuff, not site for Chinese dissidents to plot their overthrow of the government.
>>
step 1. disable cookies
>>
>>56389962
Some guy who named himself after a character in the final episode of Law & Order.
>>
File: 1471793244946.jpg (523KB, 2204x2417px) Image search: [Google]
1471793244946.jpg
523KB, 2204x2417px
>people legitimately believe they are anonymous on the interbutt
>>
>>56390848
>bypass Captcha if you ALREADY HAVE THE COOKIE somehow deanonymizes you
Can't make this shit up, Windows user :^).
>>
>>56391455
Usually happens the first time you post, sometimes. Then never after that. The fact that you're helping an image recognition system improve isn't bad either. Tracking I'd an issue though.
>>
>>56389962
>be on 4chan
>don't know who moot is

GG
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.