[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All my dx9 games now run like shit Thanks Pahjeet. Why did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: microsoft-pahjeet.jpg (558KB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-pahjeet.jpg
558KB, 2500x1406px
>All my dx9 games now run like shit
Thanks Pahjeet.
Why did Microsoft butcher the dx9 support? There was no point doing that. Are they fucking their customers on purpose? Is it to force everyone to move to dx12?
I'm starting to regret "upgrading" now.
How do I fix this shit?
>>
maybe it's your graphics card
>>
>>56389099
Just fix it in the source code, and recompile.
Oh wait, it's non-free and proprietary.
LOL.
>>
Upgrade to windows 10 you fucker.
>>
>>56389099
What exactly did they do? I still play a few Dx9 games and they are still working fine.
>>
>>56389197
I upgraded to windows 10
>>
FUCK OFF
U
C
K
O
F
F

>>>/v/
>>
>>56389099
>How do I fix this shit?
stop gayming
>>
>>56389204
That's exactly your mistake.
>>
Starting with Windows 8, DirectX 9 actually starts enforcing the 4GB vram limitation. In Windows 7, you can have more than 4GB of vram used by DX9 applications. This was originally noticed by Skyrim modders, and initially blamed on Nvidia drivers. Then, Nvidia pointed the finger at MS and it came to light that it was because they made changes to DX9 in Windows 8, there's literally nothing Nvidia or AMD can do to fix it.
>>
>>56389566
Why exactly is it bad to have the ability to use more than 4gb vram?
>>
>>56389595
It's not. They probably did it to discourage the use of DX9 by new games, and got away with it because very few old games actually use that much anyway.

If you actually play DX9 games which can utilize more than 4GB of vram, you're shooting yourself in the foot if you run Windows 8 or 10.
>>
>>56389099
you should have switched to Linux by now, and dont give me any shit about video games and go buy a god damn sony playstation and plug it in to the biggest fucking TV you can afford to buy
>>
>>56389126
It's not. Even happens on hyper-v when guest os is windows 10 ae. They broke it.
>>
>>56389595
They limited it to sell 64-bit windows

Claiming only 64-bit OS can use 4gb+ ram
>>
>>56389356
>upgrading to Windows 10 is a mistake
>not upgrading to Windows 10 is a mistake
Congratulations MS for fragmenting your user base. Meanwhile all El Capitan users will be happily upgrading to macOS Sierra.
>>
>>56389099
Opengl is the only good future
>>
File: ballmer.jpg (16KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
ballmer.jpg
16KB, 300x100px
tfw ubuntu 16.10 runs most dx9 games better than windows 10 trough wine
>>
>>56390592
why would windows 10 run dx9 games through wine
>>
>>56390601
because im not a native english speaker
>>
stop being a child anon, put away the video games
>>
>>56392927
>all work and no play makes jon a dull boy
>>
>>56389099
I'm starting to regret coming to this cancer board listening to you anons whining.
>>
>>56390563
We will.
After a few weeks though, that is.
Yosemite had a lot of bugs on launch and cost me a few hours if work.
After a few weeks, OS X is incredibly stable, if you have a major update they sometimes need a few patches to make it run perfectly.
Except for the Yosemite fiasco, I haven't had any problems at all with os x.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.