[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What moments have you had where you decided to stop helping someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: AERO-EN58100_s.jpg (19KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
AERO-EN58100_s.jpg
19KB, 235x235px
What moments have you had where you decided to stop helping someone and let them wade in their own retardation?

I helped two separate people pick parts for their PCs based on their budget a few years ago. I'd just quickly chuck something together, take into consideration whatever specific needs they had for performance and pick a sensible case to put it in. However, both of them decided to change from whatever case I had chosen to pic related. Now, to be fair, the first one I helped who did this was a teenager still in highschool, so that was on the some level understandable. However, the second guy was in his fucking 30s. How does a grown ass man choose something so blatantly tasteless and cheap looking? This guy also couldn't grasp the concept of SSDs and changed the 128GB ssd + 1TB Black combo to a 3TB Green Drive I think it was. I just told him I was busy after that.
>>
Sister asked me to fix her internet. Adapter needed to be reset. Tried getting her to do what I said for over an hour on the phone before I said "you clearly know more than me so you can manage it."
>>
>What moments have you had where you decided to stop helping someone and let them wade in their own retardation?

All of them.
For the past 5 years I've just pretended not to know how to use/fix computers. Feels great saying "I have no idea" so I can get on with something fun.
>>
>>56386867
This anon gets it.

Fuck I am so sick and tired of the constant tech support to friends and family. One faggot came up with 2 AV and had to explain the situation and yet still denies that AV slowed his PC. Next faggot came with expired office.

Now I simply say "Uhh I use Linux these days so idk Windows much."
>>
>>56386854
Just take some money, like problem solved. That way, everyone wins. What the hell is wrong with you.
>>
>>56387005

I'm guess I'm just not jewish enough to charge acquaintances money for a little advice.
>>
Only help people who are deserving of it and won't be fucking stupid about it, or people who pay you.
>>
>hey anon recommend me a gaming laptop
>can you reconsider a desktop instead?
>ill be moving soon anon so i need portability
>oh, just buy the cheapest 970m+8gig ram laptop and you're golden

Now he takes screenshots with his phone and makes sure not to miss the ROG logo. He also has a few selfies hugging his laptop. And now hes an active unpaid asus shill and hypes at anything gaming laptop related. Fuck my life
>>
I hide my knowledge of computers so I don't have to provide free tech support.
>>
>>56386854
Always let your consumer choose case.
>>
>>56386854
That looks awesome, I'd buy that.
>>
Friend asks to recommend him a simple build that can max out games at 1080p, and to keep the budget reasonable. Tell him to get an i5 6600k, an aftermarket non-reference rx 480 (this was before the 1060 was announced) and evo 212 cooler.
He gets a $200+ motherboard, i7 6700k, an ekwb cpu cooling loop, and a reference rx 480. All the parts are sitting unopened in his room cause he can't figure out how to install the cooling loop.
>>
can this be the case thread? do we have a case general yet?
>>
File: 41B-GNaz9sL.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41B-GNaz9sL.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
>>
>>56386867
>>56386970
I stopped bothering with it as soon as I realized that people do not really value the time you put in to do stuff for them. Fixing computer shit is seen as a triviality.
>>
>>56386854
>people have different taste in computer cases than I do!!! This is literally the apocalypse!!!!!111

you're really fucking autistic
>>
>>56388384

>Liking something that is fresh out of the mid 90s X-TREME era

Well better to be autistic than have absolute shit taste.
>>
>>56386854
Haha, i have this exact case design but the red and black version, overall i kinda like the design, but mostly it was i like the red/black colour theme, the front of it (where it sits the front is the main part you see too), i also liked that it had lots of fans and best of all it was cheap.

Anyway, end of blog, carry on
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.