[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I want to learn to program(for the sake of learning to hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Elliot.png (668KB, 1115x621px) Image search: [Google]
Elliot.png
668KB, 1115x621px
If I want to learn to program(for the sake of learning to hack websites and computers themselves) what programming language should I start off with? I know just a little bit HTML. Would python be a good programming language to start off with? Or should I learn javascript first?
>>
no you must learn my squirrel first
>>
>>56386823
haskell
>>
>>56386859
errrr is that a euphemism for something? Last time someone made me learn about their squirrel I ended up with a sore ass and salt liquid in my mouth. I guess that is why I wake up screaming in the middle of the night to find I urinated all over my bed.
>>
>>56386823
Knowing a language won't help you much in hacking if you don't know how things work in the first place.
Programming will help you build or use tools to exploit the vulnerabilities, but that's it.

Learn how servers work first, learn about request and response headers.
Learn how a server persist its data (usually using a database), then you'll probably learn about SQL and its vulnerabilities.
Learn how websites are built, what methods are used to get the data and what kind of vulnerabilities exist (file inclusion, sql injection, etc).

Hacking is mostly understanding how things work and find tricks to modify the normal behavior to make them do what you want.

A lot of exploits are coded in python if you really must know a language. It's easy to write and easy to deploy.
But for XSS injections you will have to know javascript too.

It's the same here: learn the basic of programming, pick any language but understand how it works. Once you know how things work, you can easily learn new languages.
>>
>>56386983
Thanks for answering my dumbass question seriously. I will definitely take your advice into account. I have been learning python with edx. Thanks
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.