[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-go ogle-smartphone-idUKKCN1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-google-smartphone-idUKKCN11806C

>Alphabet Inc’s (GOOGL.O) Google has suspended Project Ara, its ambitious effort to build what is known as a modular smartphone with interchangeable components, as part of a broader push to streamline the company's hardware efforts, two people with knowledge of the matter said.

Can we agree that this will never work out. Phonebloks and Project Ara will always be trash since it defeats the purpose of minimization that smartphones need?
>>
>>56385874
>minimization that smartphones need

Minimization has no place in a world of ever larger phones. Even the new Sony Z-whatever Compact is 4.6 inches.

RIP Ara. At least Motorola and LG are trying their modular things.
>>
Ara was shit anyway.

If you're going to do a completely modular phone, do it right. I want to actually be able to replace the underlying hardware, not just tack on stupid shit like another speaker or some sort of useless small display.

But, that will never happen, because the OEMs would throw a shit fit over how much money they'd be losing out on.
>>
>>56385874
Nobody gave a shit about ARA after the removed nearly all the modularity the last time they gave an update.
>>
>>56386201
This. Same reason why electric cars were suppressed for a decade.
>>
>>56385874
Modular phones is a bad idea, that only someone with no understanding about how product development or manufacturing work, could believe is a good idea. The fact that google attempted it and failed should be ample demonstration that modular phones is an idea flawed so deeply into its core that if modular phones are ever viable, it will be so after the cellphone itself is a deprecated piece of technology.

Modularfags btfo yet again
>>
>>56386485
10/10 post, not even memeing.
>>
>>56385874
>another project killed by normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
great now ill never get a fucking phone with a non bluetooth physical keyboard.

Great now its official...ill never get a decent smartphone again. just a bunch of copy pasted identical slabs forever.

fuck this shit.
>>
All I wanted was a phone where I could replace the screen (and only the screen) if the screen broke. All I wanted was a phone where I could switch the screen to an e-ink panel (instead of buying an ereader) so that I could go on long trips and read forever. All I wanted was a phone where I could switch to RCA composite output so I could play movies for my grandparents (who refuse to get a TV with HDMI input). All I wanted was a phone where I switch back and forth between a sliding physical keyboard with real keys and a sliding set of video game controls (even though gaymurs are degenerate filth). All I wanted was a phone where I could switch between a low-power SoC for general usage and a high-power SoC for heavier stuff (like those dumb games). All I wanted was an expensive camera module that I could share with friends and family for special occasions (rather than each person getting their own expensive camera). All I wanted was the ability to take all my individualized modules, remove them from the phone frame, and stick them in a tablet frame (as a simple frame would be cheaper than buying an actual tablet). All I wanted was to reduce my impact on the environment by upgrading my phone only bit-by-bit over long periods of time (as opposed to simply throwing away old phones as a whole, working and broken components together).

But that's all over now.

My dreams are dead.
>>
>>56386560
>great now ill never get a fucking phone with a non bluetooth physical keyboard.
Like USB? That's available for almost every single phone on the market.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.