[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might be a stupid question /g/, but I need advice. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

This might be a stupid question /g/, but I need advice.

I'm ordering a laptop on Ebay from America to Europe, and I've been wondering if I can possibly face some customs since, well, it's a laptop. I heard from my friends that they don't really like people bringing tech shit back to Europe since it's generally cheaper in murrica (I will pay about 50$ for shipping and thats still 30% cheaper then the same latop from the retailer here)

Shoud I go for it?
>>
>>56376571
>they don't really like people bringing tech shit back to Europe
They don't care and there's no import tax on laptops, but you'll have to pay VAT which varies between about 15 and 25 percent in Europe.
>>
>>56376602
Do you think that's included in the price on Ebay since I have my shipping location already set?
>>
>>56376623
It's not included in the price. You'll have to pay it locally, usually at the customs office.
Source: I recently imported a laptop and other electronics from the US to Germany
>>
>>56376636
Thanks bruh. Guess I'll call some customs info and ask the seller as well.
>>
Good luck. It can be worth it despite 19% VAT.
http://outlet.lenovo.com/outlet_us/laptops/
for instance is still cheaper than buying refurbished directly in Europe
>>
>>56376698
You bought from there? How was the quality? Wasn't the battery run down too much?
>>
>>56377113
It was like new and the battery had maybe 90-95% of the capacity left.

The IPS display has a little backlight bleed in one spot. That happens with new ThinkPads too tho.
>>
>>56377142
That's nice, will look into it. Thanks again.
>>
>>56377241
I forgot to add:
Lenovo's Outlet only ships to US addresses. I had a friend forward the package to me but there are services that do it for you, like ReShip.
>>
>>56376571
i imported a macbook from america, it was 40% cheaper than the retailers here (turkey)
>>
How do you guys ship laptops from US to the UK? Without friends or PO box, is it possible?
>>
>>56378546
Some sellers on Ebay ship internationally.
>>
>>56378546
There are several reshipping services:

ReShip
USGoBuy
MyUS

I have never used one so I can't comment on reliability
>>
>>56376681
>ask the seller as well.
Like an American has any knowledge about VAT, beyond that pays the gov mandated evil health insurance death squad salaries.
>>
>>56376681
Just call your local customs office.
They were surprisingly friendly with me.
After all, you're not a crook, but an honest citizen making an inquiry.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.