[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you type with the ten-finger-system blindly /g/ ? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: professional memester.png (132KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
professional memester.png
132KB, 396x385px
Do you type with the ten-finger-system blindly /g/ ?

I'm in my second semester of business I.T. and most of my peers still use one or two fingers. I am currently starting to learn to use it blindly so i fit basic job requirements.
It's frustrating, but i bet in two months i should be able to do it properly.

>also bonus question: did you try DVORAK or anything differing from the QWERTY standard ?
>>
DVORAK is a meme perpetuated by the creator.

I don't use all my fingers because my hands are too big and it would cripple me >tfw

I use most of them though.
>>
>>56375668
go cold turkey, stick with it. took me about a month. do it before you have to work against deadlines and shit.

it's a highly valuable skill to possess but don't expect it to be the norm. in my 6 worker department, only two of us do it.

>did you try DVORAK or anything differing from the QWERTY standard ?
I like the idea behind dvorak/colemak but I don't feel particularly inconvenienced by qwerty, whereas I can think of many inconveniences to not using it.

qwerty won't prevent you from typing much, much faster than your productivity will require, so stick with that.
>>
I use the three middle fingers of each hand and I type at 100WPM+. No need to go further.
>>
>>56375668
>I am currently starting to learn to use it blindly so i fit basic job requirements
Are you applying for data entry position?
>>
>>56375668
Dvorak is more comfortable long term.

I switched years ago from two finger Querty to 10 finger Dvorak. It's not that inconvenient on other machines, since it takes only a few seconds to change the layout. You can always fall back to 2 finger Querty, the Dvorak doesn't really mess with it if you learn it poperly.

If I were to switch today I would go directly to NEO 2 (Kraut layout).
>>
>>56375784
not really but i expect to have a boring office job after graduation. And fast typing might be a good starting point to have something in my favor, given my less than average intelligence and no network to get me somewhere.
>>
>>56375782
Just imagine what you could do if you used all 12 fingers.
>>
>>56375764
/thread
>>
1 finger master race reporting in. Literally lmaoing @ anyone going over a comfy 25 WPM.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.