[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished learning the basics of python, I need a project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Cool.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
Cool.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
I just finished learning the basics of python, I need a project to develop further, maybe using other programs or interacting with controllers, hardware.
I'm looking to fun /useful /medium difficulty stuff to make with python.
TL,DR I'm a python noob, need advice
>>
Look in the archives for the programming challenges
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>56375506
Rewrite the program called Wings3d so that it is entirely in Python.
>>
>>56375506
Write a tool that synchronizes two KeepassX databases. Bonus points for integrating with git and KeepassX itself.
>>
>>56375506
Write an interpreter for a scripting language that uses really weird symbols like the alchemy runes as keywords and operators.

Then, embed this interpreter into the software of your workplace and write big, critical parts in it.
>>
>>56375506
Don't listen to any fag in this thread. Come up with some basic idea (ex. mp3 player) and start googling. Don't just copy and paste but try to understand and write your own code. Just accept that it will become a total clusterfuck at some point and you will come up with better ways to write/design pretty much everything you've done so far. That's a good thing and in the best case you'll have a highly customized piece of software just for you.

It sounds vague because it is. I was in your "I know how to code but wut now" -limbo for years before I realized this. "Start building" sounds corny as fuck but it is pretty much the best way to learn.

You might also find yourself bored and uninterested pretty soon. Just keep hammering at it for a couple of hours a day. Make a schedule. It gets interesting when it starts making sense.
>>
>>56376796
Don't listen to that fuck.
>>
>>56375506
Make a reddit spambot that can create new accounts and switch between them to post copypasta
>>
File: 1471665564063.png (378KB, 1450x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471665564063.png
378KB, 1450x1080px
>>
>>56377334
>outdated
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.