[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that youtube to fucked with the new Terms of service what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 30

File: youtube.jpg (2KB, 127x127px) Image search: [Google]
youtube.jpg
2KB, 127x127px
So now that youtube to fucked with the new Terms of service what other alternatives to youtube should I start to look at?
>>
Tell me more
>>
>>56374974
basically youtubes become US tv, you cant monetize any of your videos if they have anything somewhat adult in them such as language or scenes or war and shit.

basically stop trying to make it as a fucking """""""""content creator"""""""" and get a real fucking job
>>
Tell me more
>>
File: 1472297495507.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1472297495507.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
vimeo
>>
>>56374988
>basically stop trying to make it as a fucking """""""""content creator"""""""" and get a real fucking job
THANK YOU. Holy fuck, this goddamn cancer destroying YouTube.
>>
>>56374988
>basically stop trying to make it as a fucking """""""""content creator"""""""" and get a real fucking job

/thread

"Youtubers" are the literal cancer of the internet.
>>
>>56374988
Well you can monetize them, but you have to be a company like CNN with sheckles to throw to Google for a pass.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, YouTube should've never interacted with money, because it's only bred lazy cancer.

Besides, it's like what Louis Rossman says "You should make your own success; it should never be dependent on a stranger's website"
>>
monetization killed youtube
>>
File: 1472340556508.jpg (47KB, 345x383px) Image search: [Google]
1472340556508.jpg
47KB, 345x383px
>>56374988
>>
Your local video folder
Remember to watch your videos once in a while just to be sure that someone does it
>>
>Millionaire drama "content creators" scared they can't scam companies out of ad money for monetizing videos targeted towards 12 year olds who never buy anything anyway
>THINK OF THE CONTENT CREATORS, WE DO THIS FOR A LIVING now give me money
>>
I spend more time on >>>/wsg/ than I do youtube. Then again, I don't subscribe to or watch youtubers.
>>
New ToS is good. Can't wait to see actual content instead of cancerous drama
>>
>>56375203
RIP Keem
>>
>>56375203
People that actually follow and keep up wth Youtube drama are actually subhuman. I would respect a person that watches every single airing of TMZ more than those type of people.
>>
The only real problem that I see is that now YouTubers are going to be making a lot more watered eown kid-friendly content because of "vulgar language". Also, the ToS states that anything "controversial" can be considered "not advertiser friendly". A broad term like "controversial" means they can basically take down 95% of videos where someome expresses an opinion.
>>
>>56375203
>Can't wait to see actual content
are you retarded
popular channels aren't going to change their formulas; the good content is already around elsewhere and you're choosing to surround yourself in shit
>>
My main complaint with YT is how fucking obnoxious the whole thing is to manage. The fact that stuff like usernames and URLs are impossible to manage and consist of "haha you're stuck for life!" Just goes to show how poorly made the whole thing is.
>>
>>56374988
wtf I love youtube now
>>
>>56374988
I hate the YT monetization. Not because I'm some sort of anti-capitalist hippie but simply because channels turn more into TV channels this way. Pushing out content even if it's crappy or if they don't want to because their livelihood depends on it.

I also hate those changes though. Pretty much anything of worth has some swearing at least.
>>
>>56374988
So is it going back to 2007 YouTube when it was actually good?
>>
>>56374988
Wow this is great
>>
File: google.jpg (145KB, 960x979px) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
145KB, 960x979px
This is just another step to the ultimate goal of censorship. Next, (((they'll))) be banning "hate speech"
>>
I used to 'surf' YouTube, but most content is absolute cancer. I only come there ever now and then to watch Yuka Kinoshita.
>>
>>56375700
How is this censorship? I'm 100℅ for not giving these lazy hacks called content creators any more money.
>>
>>56375745

Oh I agree anon, it doesn't change the direction it is going in though. It's already fast becoming cable TV 2.0.
>>
This is the time for Vimeo or Dailymotion to become a genuine competitor to YouTube then
>>
>>56375492
in 2007 Finnish youtuber shot up a school, he made political videos talking how different way to govern would be better.

He was not silenced by youtube, thus it is nothing like 2007 youtube.
>>
File: 1471030258220.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1471030258220.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
So, cancerous politic click-bait youtubers can't make video now???

Nothing value was lost then.
>>
>>56374992
Did she get really far?
>>
>>56375835
News and opinions are falling in the same category.
>>
Nothing will replace YouTube - because YouTube doesn't actually make a profit. It literally gives most of it's money back to creators and the rest on server costs. It's a utility, but a useful one for Google to own so they can advertise their own services and products.
>>
>>56375203
Like what, the ellen show higlights, or new vevo videos?
>>
>>56375803
Which one is less jew about copyright?
>>
Since when are uploaders called 'content creators'?
>>
>>56375922
both give 0 fucks as long as you bring in views at this point.

They will turn into Youtube as soon as they grow.
>>
>>56375492
Go watch the stuff you watched back then and tell me you dont cringe, i dare you
>>
>>56374988
>>>56374974
>basically youtubes become US tv, you cant monetize any of your videos if they have anything somewhat adult in them such as language or scenes or war and shit.
Did you know that youtube is only trying to make the advertizers happy by making this change? If advertizers don't want to be associated with these sorts of videos, youtube has to comply or they leave.
Youtube is still giving the content creators a space where they can inform their viewers about political issues etc.
Only thing the content creators have to do now is find their own sponsors for these sorts of videos.
>>
>>56375966
>or they leave

leave fucking where? Youtube has effective monopoly over this shit, leaving means no more people seeing your shitty ass advertisement.
>>
The content creators should start pushing ad blockers to their viewers out of spite. Just because the monetization is gone doesn't mean the ads are. Let the fucking go both ways.
>>
>>56375984
I don't think you understand what a monopoly is.
>>
>>56376017
I didn't say monopoly I said "effective monopoly"
>>
>>56376015
I read that stoping monetization just stops showing ads
>>
File: 1345983648812.png (243KB, 560x437px) Image search: [Google]
1345983648812.png
243KB, 560x437px
>>56375927

I watch a Linux-related tech channel fronted by a British guy. He had a video about a year ago talking about installing ublock and how his heart bleeds for ad-companies and the crap that goes with ads. Fast forward 6 months and in one of his videos he explains how ad blocking is killing "content creators" on youtube, simply because his revenue has fallen. He works as a security admin during the day so youtube isn't his main job. People in the comments were pulling him up for complaining that he puts out content and expects to be compensated. It's as if the only reason he started was to make money, not share his hobby.
>>
>>56376030
I don't think you understand what a monopoly is.
>>
>>56375984
>>>56375966 (You)
>>or they leave
>leave fucking where? Youtube has effective monopoly over this shit, leaving means no more people seeing your shitty ass advertisement.
They can direct their ads to different outlets. There will always be alternative sites where they can advertise on, even if it isn't a video hosting site.
>>
>>56376035
Do you know that a huge amount of jobs started by people doing shit they thought interesting or productive or whatever for free and realizing they could get a profit from it?
>>
>>56376060
They are doing it at this point, they are buying space to put ads in more than one place.

Youtube generates more ad views than any other place on the internet probably combined.
>>
>>56376031
>waaaah, I want ad money from somebody!
>I know, I'll tell my viewers to block ads! That'll work!
>>
>>56376035
>I watch a Linux-related tech channel fronted by a British guy
>He works as a security admin during the day

I wonder if he mentioned about malvertising

> It's as if the only reason he started was to make money, not share his hobby.
oh you think?

If he's SO concerned with revenue, why not go to patreon or something?
>>
>>56376079
>Youtube generates more ad views than any other place on the internet probably combined.
Pretty sure facebook is
>>
>>56374988
That sounds like a good idea though.
>>
>>56376136
Youtubes ad revenue in 2013 was higher than Facebooks ad revenue in 2015.
>>
File: fuck them all.jpg (83KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
fuck them all.jpg
83KB, 730x1095px
>>56374988
>"content creator"
finally all those fucking shitheads that can't do anything in the real world. Might as well be priests and fuck kids in the back of the church, useless pieces of shit.
>>
>>56376134
>I wonder if he mentioned about malvertising

It was about the addons he used in his browser setup - Firefox in this instance. He mentions the reasons for each one, making a point that he completely ignores ads anyway and that blocking them is a bonus because of malware.

>oh you think?
It's a new concept, you'll get it.

>If he's SO concerned with revenue, why not go to patreon or something?

He is. He set it up then dropped a few hints about keeping the channel going and how most of his visitors are likely Linux people anyway who are probably more tech savvy and use adblockers hence the lack of money back from ads.
>>
>>56375258
Take it easy buddy, they're just impressionable kids.
>>
I've preferred VIMEO to Youtube for the longest time. Better UI, more interesting videos..
>>
>>56375922
Openload.co
>>
This is the time, we have a lot of professional here who wants to find an alternative, why don't make it?
Just make an alternative to youtube friendo I know you can /g.
>>
>>56376239
if he is on patreon already, then the only thing he needs to do is make interesting content, so he can stop bitc.. worrying about ad revenue. Lots of channels made that transition successfully.
>>
>>56376779
Nobody will care because there's no shekels in it for them. Alternatives already exist. Why youtubz blew up is because you could get advertisement money.
>>
>>56374988
>>56375203
>>56375835
Why does the general consensus seem to be that this will "fix" youtube, or that the things the new TOS is changing are what makes youtube cancer?

When you take away swearing, sexual humor, any kind of "sensitive" subjects, etc., what you're left with is minecraft let's plays targeted at 10 year olds and made by 14 year olds.
>>
Although I understand a little bit why people hate them, can somebody further explain just why it is you hate them and why it isn't a 'real job'? What constitutes a real job to you?
>>
>>56376779
>disk space is free
>>
>>56374988
>"""""""""content creator""""""""

this always makes me laugh.

there's a reason youtube went to shit once everything turned into dollar signs and got slammed with ads. youtube is filled with a bunch of hacks trying to be the 'next big thing' and make money. it's all so unbelievably pathetic.

get rid of ads and get rid of MUH CONTENT CREATORS and youtube will be good again. people used to make and put up videos because they cared, now it's just money money money gib me money look at my views subscribe money money gib gib gib

fuck every single one of them
>>
>>56376913
Who is it that you watch that makes you feel this way?
>>
>>56375108
That's a stupid quote, if YouTube gives u the potential to reach a large audience why the fuck should u be discouraged from using it because it's a stranger's website? U have to literally create your own website and hope enough random people go to some obscure af site and watch your shit, that's the only proper way to achieve success?
>>
>>56376913
If you think there's no one making quality shit on YouTube you're a fucking idiot, just cause u can only ever watch sjw pwnt videos by 16 year Olds and let's plays reaction videos doesn't mean that's all of YouTube, stop painting with a broad brush you whiny faggot
>>
>>56376897
Working 9-5 like a true cuck. They mad they couldn't get their money up without working a million days on shit wage
>>
>>56376959

Well I guess you would have to have had your own business before you would understand. Key word from that 'stupid quote' is "dependent", which is something you likely are.
>>
>>56376959
"dependant" is the key word in that quote. Nobody's saying not to use it, but that you shouldn't let that be your only source or success. 90% of the people bitching about the new ToS have no website of their own, no real job for themselves, and are completely dependant on youtube for a living in posh areas.

Smart people use youtube as a source of free advertisment, yes, but they also have their own site to fall back on when shit hits the fan, which their fans can go.
>>
>>56375203
There is already more good content then you could ever watch in a lifetime, you dumbass.
>>
File: lewd ASMR.png (719KB, 1060x520px) Image search: [Google]
lewd ASMR.png
719KB, 1060x520px
>>56374956
I think it's a way to limit the surge of ASMR videos.
>>
>>56376897
Because they're idiots.

I don't like shitters like pewdiepie or markiplier and I don't ever want to watch shit like that, but I have absolutely no problem with them raking in money from making videos about whatever their dumbass audiences like.
>>
>>56374988
Youtube is a shit way to make money anyways. It's unstable as fuck. If you rely on youtube to pay the bills you need to sort your life out. Also, why should we the viewers give a fuck? It doesn't affect me anyway.
>>
>>56376206
i don't get all the hatred that gets thrown at content creators.
>>
>>56375458
CGP Grey's entire channel destroys your argument.
>>
>>56377194
>asmr
Dude, this shit is awesome.
>>
>>56375927
When they started creating content. What else would you call people like Crash Course?
>>
>>56377446
yep
i love it
>>
>>56377446
Yes, and new content creators emerge everyday.
So the new ToS are made to limit this.
>>
>>56377208
You say they are idiots but they are making massive amounts of money doing this
>>
>>56377534
No, you dingus. The people who hate youtubers and talk about 'real jobs' are idiots.
>>
>>56377368
passive income is based though, even if it only supplementary

>>56376913
>youtube is filled with a bunch of hacks trying to be the 'next big thing' and make money. it's all so unbelievably pathetic.
free market, you have a lot of failures for every good guy, if you don't try you will never succeed
>>
>>56377562
Oops, sorry for being a dingus anon
>>
H3H3 just made a video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUkj4h_Tq-0

apparently, the ToS haven't changed. Youtube wouldn't monetize controversial videos before, but they wouldn't tell you that either. Now they do.
>>
>>56377479
>>56377504
I wonder how this works as bgm while programming. I'm giving it a shot tomorrow.
>>
File: 2.jpg (65KB, 619x461px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
65KB, 619x461px
>>56377595
so it's a big fuss over Google becoming more open and transparent? people really are stupid
>>
>>56377629
>don't explain things
>people don't know why you did something

wooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, how could they not know?
>>
>>56377629
Thimg is that they're enforcing it more than ever before.
>>
>>56377653
I thought all age restricted videos couldn't be monetised anyway?
>>
>>56377595
Wew, you just don't tag your shit with bitch gay retard nigger faggot hitler. That was hard. Crisis averted OP. Youtube will be the same bullshit cesspool
>>
>>56374956
i propose gentoobe. Someone wants to make a logo ?
>>
>>56376897
A job involves doing actual work with your hands. Typing shit on a keyboard doesn't count.
>>
You're a bunch of hypocrites, those of you who shits on that because 'content creator'. It's something, yes they find a way to make money while being bozos in front of camera : it's been around since the 70s btw, before the TV it was in the streets and carnaval.

But that's really not the point. It's about censorship. And i know you like your freedom gentoomen.

Maybe you don't like someone them but if something happen and they don't want to make the video to not have a strike, the something won't be heard.

I mean don't you see ? You can't say "shit, fuck, fuckery,etc" like those words don't exists. That is crazy, just imagine if it was happening to 4chan ? The SFW board can't contain inappropriate, vulgar content, sexual humour, you can't talk about a natural disaster even if you don't show a picture of it. That shit won't happen here yes, but it's happening to youtube and this is absolute madness.
It's taking the path to the TV where everything is regulated and what you watch is controlled. That's why most of us don't watch tv anymore. Maybe you don't like youtube but it's one of the most visited website in the world, and it was a place with some freedom and not a lot of control over the content. This is changing and those TOS are a step towards something very bad.

Fuck youtube.
>>
>>56377653
Not realy.
>>
>>56377673
Probably, but it's extended to farther than that.

>>56378020
Watch Philip's video.
>>
>>56377805
Programming is not a real job, then?
>>
>>56377957
found the guy with a monetized youtube channel complaining that he can't make shekels anymore
>>
>>56377957
https://youtu.be/ZB-lh6_4ZIQ
>>
>>56378095
hahahahhahaa sandnigger
>>
File: baobabb4.png (905KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
baobabb4.png
905KB, 1920x1080px
>>56378071
I don't even have a google account. But you're just dodging the real problem, it's like now i'm an animefag and the problem doesn't exists am i right ?
>>
>>56378053
No, because it's not work you can actually see without a screen. You can't see it in action and you can't physically touch the tools you are using. All you are doing is sitting down pushing buttons. Children can do that.
>>
How would that change anything? Doesn't fucking EVERYBODY use adblockers now? The only reason those big you tubers make thousands is because of patron and sponsors.
>>
>>56377957
>It's about censorship
No one is stopping those people from putting videos up. They just can't profit from it
>>
I'm ok with this change, fucking dramafags will get blown out.
>>
>>56378489
man you're retarded, i hope you die in your mine with your fellow dwarf.
>>
>>56378585
>No one is stopping those people from putting videos up. They just can't profit from it
But most of them are doing it for the money, either they love money or they don't want to have a strike on their account.
Yes those are not the best people, but how do you call a measure that will prevent a majority from posting something important because it's a sensitive subject?
>>
>>56377583
they aren't even a part of the free market.
they literally rely on a larger entity to provide for them. they are the equivalent of niggers.
>>
>>56378672
>But most of them are doing it for the money
That doesn't change the fact that they are free to post their videos on youtube. There is no censorship. Advertisers have the right to choose where their ads go.
>>
>>56378672
>most of them are doing it for the money
thats the point
if they don't want to do it for free they can go somewhere else
>>
>>56378700
>>56378756
You just don't get it. But that's okay, i guess will see with the next ToS update.
>>
>>56378772
There is nothing to get. Getting paid for using someone else's website is not a right.
>>
>>56378772
no you don't get it
you're not entitled to any money by YT just because you upload your videos there
>>
>>56378623
How angry are you that your life's work is pointless? That money that you got yourself in debt for was all for nothing just for you to be replaced by some algorithm one day to do the job for you while I can build things in reality that are actually useful. Most men like you need to waste money on real men to do the real jobs for you around the house. Even if you managed to get in a gf she would secretly want to be ravaged by real men because a cuck like you wouldn't do shit.
>>
>>56378833
>>56378792
no you don't get it, it's not about the money i can get or not but about the content that'll be on youtube in the future.
>>56378879
it's ok if you enjoy painting my walls pedro, we're both slaves in a way.
>>
>>56378489
Hopefully you hate having electricity, because if not you must be furious that all of these people with fake jobs are keeping the entire nation running around you.

Overall, I rate your bait 7/10. You went in a bit too hard too quickly for it to be as convincing as it could be.
>>
>>56378933
how can you call it censorship if no videos are taken down?
>>
>>56378959
I guess you can't call it that, but it'll have the same effect so it is censorship.
>>
All the youtube alternatives are missing the point - people want an alternative not for the sake of an alternative, but because they know a better video site is possible. Yet all the alternatives are unequivocally shit, and even worse than youtube.
>>
>>56375492
No, the front page will be filled with more Jimmy Fallon and Ellen videos instead of content creators, that's really it
>>
>>56378114
He's right you know
>>
>>56374988
Content will fall down into unboxing and review generals
>>
>>56375184
You'd be surprised how many companies make shitloads of money by 12 year olds spending their parents money
>>
>>56374956

next up ICANN
>>
>>56375203

or anything political ya dingus
>>
>>56374956

they really don't want Trump to win huh
>>
>>56380938

Are you saying people make Trump supporting video so they can get click bait moneys?

That ridiculous, these people are true American patriot, they doing it for freedum.
>>
>>56374956
Wait, so who actually gets fucked off now? Will pewdiepie disappear now or what
>>
>>56377194
sauce?
>>
>>56377194
sauce?
>>
i'm trying out youtube red for a month, it's comfy but if there is no content i like which is generally non-PC kinda stuff, i'm not gonna pay
>>
It's just demonetization though which google has every right to do. How is that considered censoring? And the only people I see complaining about this are those channels that piggyback on Youtube drama and let's players. Pretty much had it coming if you're going to rely on Youtube adsense for income. Most of these people already have Patreon anyways.
>>
>>56374956
I use vid.me

It's a vine YouTube hybrid, but they don't have many terms of service.

My entire channel is autism and videos of me flushing shit down the toilet, and a lit of offensive humor, and nothings happened. I've never actually read the terms of service though, I should do that.

It functions well, if that counts for anything
>>
>>56375831
His videos got removed after he made school shooting threats though
>>
What's this boards issue against content creators, their just doing what they like doing for money and it doesn't really affect anyone but themselves, no ones paying to watch them

[spoiler] Is there some deep conflict with programmers and you tubers that I don't know about? [/spoiler]
>>
>>56374988
isn't this a good thing
>>
>>56384429
I fucking hate the >>56384429
>What's this boards issue against content creators, their just doing what they like doing for money and it doesn't really affect anyone but themselves, no ones paying to watch
>them

>[spoiler] argument of """"it doesn't affect you bro just smoke the gay we'd already
" [/spoiler]
>>
>>56377387
Because everyone knows at least one fuckboy whos parents bought him way too much shit as a teen so now as adults all they wanna do is be a "YouTube content creator" so they dont have to get real jobs
>>
File: 1472340160194.png (706KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472340160194.png
706KB, 853x480px
this will kill off pretty much all the fags that steal videos and "react" to them then cry "muh fair use" when yourtub takes thier shit down. no more free money for doing nothing

trash like h3h3, negro watches video, my bad opinion behind green screen, top 10 top 10s and not the original video on the side bar
>>
>>56374988
Based Youtube
>>
>>56384771
>Content that is considered "inappropriate" for advertising: Controversial of sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters, and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown.

In other words, you can't say what you want. Next move is taking all of our personal data and selling it to the Chinese.

Anyone have an alternative to the botnet? Preferably non-Google
>>
>>56384834
you can, you just will not receive money for it because the advertisers get to decide where thier ads are displayed

knee benders are not worth it

also fuck ads
>>
>>56382210
This new policy doesnt affect me. I promote Trump for free through the will of Kek and my gentoo machine.
>>
>>56374956
Maybe us, the dear anons of 4chan, should make our own video sharing site, with Blackjack and Hookers.
Anything goes, the only people who aren't anonymous are those that choose to be so, even if they are creators, and revenue is earned from advertising and given to those that choose to herald a persistent identity on the site.
Essentially, what Youtube should've been, or a Youtube interpretation of the 4chan manifesto, as it were.
>>
>>56384975
Maybe a subscription for the site, something mild yet enough to keep at bay the malicious influence of advertising firms on creative and social freedom.
>>
Unless this stops video game YouTubers like ksi or that pewpew faggot then nothing has changed
>>
Reminder that less advertisements are bad now.

Get a Patreon account or sell your high quality investigative news report on war crimes to PBS.

In reality it will mostly affect unfunny millennial vloggers who swear a lot.
>>
>>56376877
This just stops monetization, you can still make content with swearing and shit, just won't get money off of it.
>>
File: aa.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
>>56384975
>us
>anons
>4chan manifesto
>>
>>56375203
It's pretty shit there are many documentaries and speeches I watched on YouTube...
>>
>>56385558
You can still watch them.

If you like them, buy the DVD, Blu-Ray or simply donate money .

How is this not better than watching advertisements for McDonald's or the latest shitty blockbuster film?
>>
>>56385046
Didn't ksi used to bank off from strip fifa videos? It stops him from doing that, otherwise it forces them to make let's plays videos more than ever since they can't talk about political or any kind of world news but it kills drama channels though
>>
>>56385573
I use uMatrix and don't get ads...
>Why is educating yourself while consuming media better than sheer consumption?
Seriously?
>>
File: 000000.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
000000.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>Getting rid of clickbaiting thumbnails with tits on them
>Dramafags getting fucked
>Prankfags might get fucked aswell

I don't see what's wrong with this
>>
>>56378958
Coal miners sit on big machines and operate them. Yeah its not hard but theres a risk of fucking up, getting yourself or someone else hurt. You literally cant go wrong if you got lucky on YouTube and have charisma. Fuckin Filthy Frank could post a 20 min video of him taking a dump and itd get shitloads of views
>>
The ToS "changes" aren't new. The "advertiser-friendly" stuff has been their for a while and they've been enforcing it for just as long. They've just introduced more transparency to the whole thing and an appeals process for demonetized videos. Problem is that with more transparency comes the revelation that YouTube has yet another shitty automated system that keeps hitting genuine content rather than just the trash. Instead of doing what they can to get their communities and others to ask YouTube to step it's game up, they're capitalizing on the anger.

>Perfect chance to get shittons, absolute SHITTONS of people focused on asking YouTube to improve its automation, get more human beings to check out copyright claims and other stuff, and streamline its appeal processes to make responses speedier
>Creators stir shit up with "YouTube is ruined!" garbage to get those juicy clicks and subs

Every fucking time.
>>
>>56374956
I want to see nomadicfanatic, big youtube star and profi e-beggar to bankrupt
>>
>>56384834
> Anyone have an alternative to the botnet? Preferably non-Google
Amazon.
>>
>>56377777
>>
>>56375849
>she
>>
>>56375922
Dailymotion used to be really great, but since it's based in France, it turned to total shit in the past few years
>>
>>56375042 >>56375074 >>56375108 >>56375134 >>56375345 >>56375458 >>56375492 >>56375695 >>56375966 >>56376171 >>56376206 >>56376877 >>56376913 >>56377368 >>56380587 >>56384443 >>56384800

Are you fucking dweebs really this clueless? Disabling ad money on a video because it contains swearing is a good thing?
>>
>>56386861
High quality reporting doesn't need to rely on swearing. Nothing of importance is affected.
>>
>>56386874
So YouTube should only be for news, and not entertainment?
>>
>>56386861
It only disables ad money when shit like rape and isis are in the title and the description. Grow up.
>>
>>56384329
They changed their stance on adult content some time ago purged a bunch of amateur porn vids.

But the biggest thing about this youtube thing is that the only people affected by it are ecelebs and eceleb consumers. General users shouldnt be looking for an alternative based on this recent fiasco, they should be looking because there are simply better and easier options if all you want to do is host a video and link people to it. Vid.me, streamable, eroshare, webmshare.

None of the people crying about this will leave youtube. Youtube for them is the community. They leave youtube they leave 80% of their viewers/subscribers.
>>
>>56386886
>So YouTube should only be for news, and not entertainment?
That is solely for YouTube to decide.
However it's very possible to entertain without swear words, unless your target audience is 12 years old.
>>
>>56386886
Probably since they're quite shit at it when it comes to entertainment, look at the youtube music awards that thing was a fucking trainwreak
>>
>>56386891
>Grow up.
Go read the quoted posts.
>>
>>56386900
*tips fedora*
>>
>>56386861

The aegis of digital civilization has a moral responsibility to enforce sane citizenship unless you enjoy splashing in slime.

Fun fact pigs roll in mud to protect themselves against the sun, high temps and parasites.
>>
why do the faggots that make videos call their videos 'content'
it sounds so pretentious and homosexual
>>
>>56386930
It seems you have issues with the English language
>>
There are so many wannabe celebrities who want get "discovered" on social media nowadays. And because of that, a lot of youtube content is just attention seeking crap.
>>
>>56386937
yes, but you still can understand what i mean.
>>
File: Untitled.png (316KB, 804x1940px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
316KB, 804x1940px
This is what constitutes for "comedy" on YouTube.
>>
>>56376779
I'll make the logo!
>>
File: '''funny'''.png (403KB, 913x998px) Image search: [Google]
'''funny'''.png
403KB, 913x998px
>>56386965
>>
File: '''funny''' 2.png (341KB, 919x999px) Image search: [Google]
'''funny''' 2.png
341KB, 919x999px
>haha xD
>>
>>56386965
>>56386978
>>56386988
Where's the nigger pranks?
>>
File: '''funny''' 3.png (413KB, 695x904px) Image search: [Google]
'''funny''' 3.png
413KB, 695x904px
>DICKS OUT FOR HARAMBE
Civilization will never recoup from losing cultural treasures like this.
>>
File: 1472775042815.jpg (123KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1472775042815.jpg
123KB, 350x350px
>>56386965
>>56386978
>>56386988
>OH BOY LE KILL MYSELF MAYMAY LE ANIME PARODEES LE DANK MAYMAYS OH BOY MILLIONS OF VIEWS SHIIIEEEEEET
>(((comedy)))
People from a hundred years ago would of either laughed at us being such baboons, or weep for our future.
>inb4 >>>/pol/
>>
>>56386999
Seeing all these horseshit I seriously miss the television
>>
>>56387013
>missing the electric jew
Granted, I would rather have (((that))) than what's on NickelTube today.
>>
>>56387013
>I miss ads
>>
>>56374956
Youtube never had freedom of speech anyway.
Why are you acting like this is some significant change?
>>
>>56376913
>get rid of ads

You think Youtube is some sort of charity?
You know how expensive it is to operate a website like this?
>>
>>56387046
This, all those millennial autists ranting on youtube makes me cringe especially when they're saying it's censorship, they're not removing your video for fuck sake
>>
>>56387058
>You think Youtube is some sort of charity?
>You know how expensive it is to operate a website like this?
YouTube decided it's more profitable to stop giving advertisement money to half-baked swearing e-celebs and 360 noscope montage """content creators""".
>>
>>56387008
Agreed.
When I look at YouTube, I'm on the fringe of crying for humanity, more often than not.
>>
File: 1472748303954.jpg (218KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472748303954.jpg
218KB, 1200x1200px
>The aegis of digital civilization has a moral responsibility to enforce sane citizenship unless you enjoy splashing in slime.
>
>Fun fact pigs roll in mud to protect themselves against the sun, high temps and parasites.
>>
>>56387205
Your reaction image makes for a great argument.
>>
>>56386900
I'm sure you know what you're talking about and are well versed in entertaining adults with clean material, i mean you'd have to be to make such an arrogant comment like that, but hey, acting like an asshole on 4chan at 5 in the morning really says something about u
>>
>>56377368
If u could potentially make millions by just filming yourself playing video games why the fuck wouldn't you try, or are u just too cool and smart (see:scared) to try and fail?
It's too unpredictable
Uhh if u have a loyal fan base of millions I think things are gonna be pretty stable for a while, but hey, you're the YouTube expert over here!
>>
>>56384718
So it's just bitter assumptive nonsense aimed at people that don't exist doing things people haven't really done?
Makes sense to me
>>
>>56385500
So why even bother
And don't give me some fucking "I was never in it for the money man" horseshit
If someone's gonna go through the effort of producing their own video that will entertain others for free, they're more than entitled to any type of earned revenue based off of viewers, a nigga isn't gonna feed himself off of just views
>>
>>56387289
>I'm sure you know what you're talking about and are well versed in entertaining adults with clean material, i mean you'd have to be to make such an arrogant comment like that, but hey, acting like an asshole on 4chan at 5 in the morning really says something about u
Well, I am a reasonably proficient Jazz pianist and it seems to entertain adults.
It certainly entertains me to watch live concerts on YouTube.
>>
>>56375074
Actually people who make useless comments like urs are the NON LITERAL cancer of the internet
>>
>>56387304
>If u could potentially make millions by just filming yourself playing video games why the fuck wouldn't you try

Same reason why I dont waste my money on lotto tickets, the chance of any benefit from it is so unlikely it might as well not be possible. Also I have more self respect than to act like a stupid monkey for pocket change.
>>
what are some decent tech channels with a focus toward hardware/software

i dont mean gaming bullshit either
>>
File: 1472574121691.jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472574121691.jpg
105KB, 640x640px
ITT people are unironically defending this:
>>56386965
>>56386978
>>56386988
>>56386999
>>
>>56377042
Ur a dumb faggot talking bullshit lol
>>56377054
That doesn't fucking matter when YouTube is still hosting all their videos, people to go youtub cause everything is there, no one wants to go to your shitty little uninteresting indie site except for the hardcore fans and no one finds success having only hardcore fans

It doesn't matter if u have ur own site or business, the point of YouTube is user created content, u make the show for people like u, fuck with that and now no one wants to use ur site and there becomes a power vacuum until YouTube 2 shows up, and all the people who make good shit that happens to not be catering to babystate rated G Bible belters (Aka most of America) get shat on because they wanted to express themselves freely on the Internet.

If someone's already doing the work of making content, its wrong to now ask them to edit their shit for TV, its the fucking Internet, YouTube is clearly fucking people over here and trying to defend it because it always had the right to whore itself the fuck out is some pretty major case of defending an asshole's right to be an asshole
>>
>>56386891
You're still in the denial phase. "Sexual humor" "vulgar language" are also banned.
Read the ToS and not just h3h3's video
>>
>>56387348
>I have more self respect than to act like a stupid monkey for pocket change
You think that, but a lot of these people make tons of money off their own image and YouTube helps facilitate that.
Wouldn't you enjoy doing what you somewhat enjoy, filming yourself, and making money? I probably would.

Not saying that I will go out and try to do that, but they found something that works, I'm mad that I didn't try it first.
>>
>>56387389
>"Sexual humor" "vulgar language" are also banned.
So what?
99% of what I watch on YouTube are:
- documentaries if I can't find them elsewhere
- live concerts, mostly instrumental music
- Monty Python, to occasionally show a clip to a friend. I bought the Blu-Rays anyway.

The new TOS doesn't change anything for me as a viewer.
>>
File: 1465768990932.jpg (198KB, 600x728px) Image search: [Google]
1465768990932.jpg
198KB, 600x728px
>>56374956
So all those jobless, tallentless hacks & layabouts with no real-life skills whatsoever are finally going down? Thank you, based YouTube!
>>
>>56376035
Just cause he wants to share his hobby doesn't mean he doesn't want to get some form of compensation since he is entertaining others for free and is thus entitled to it

You have no idea what goes into getting one of his videos completed but you're upset that he wants to be paid to keep doing them? Do you have a channel full of videos about your hobby that you upload in YouTube with no ads at all? Surely u must

>>56376134
Why the fuck do you need to beg people to donate to you like a fucking charity case when u can just get ad revenue for videos you've fucking made yourself, obviously getting paid per view is way more preferable to 1 out of 1000 bros donating 10 bucks once in his life
>>
>>56377208
This
All the bitterness in this thread comes from dreams that never left the shore
>>
>>56378695
>they aren't even a part of the free market
Literally incorrect

>they literally rely on an entity to provide for them
They literally rely on their videos and potentially any other work they do part or full time because you know, we can't tell what everyone is doing with their lives and just assuming each person is the same is arrogant and outs you as an uninteresting misanthropic faggot
YouTube isn't making the videos for them or making them watchable, you're so fucking stupid and off base, don't reply to me
>>
>>56387348
That's a shitty Comparison, why don't u be brave for once in ur life and admit u don't do anything but scrape by and bitch about shit on 4chan cause you're too scared to follow your dreams, oh wait, you're too smart ;)
>>
>>56387572
Yes, be brave and play video games for a living.
This is what Humanity really needs.

Instead, you could work on a degree and contribute to a scientific field.
Or become a garbage man or a toilet cleaner. Both contribute far more to society than 3rd rate YouTube "humor" and "long players".
>>
>>56378071
Found the bitter tard who's only contribution to the world has been smarmy 4chan posts
>>
Can I still watch my "educational" breast milk videos?
>>
I think donations via something like patreon is the way to go anyways. Video hosts shouldn't really have a monetization scheme or at least one that's used. It makes it easier for the internet to change towards hosts who don't censor among other things.
>>
>>56387423
good for you. I guess if you don't eat potatoes you wouldn't mind potatoes being illegal.
>>
>>56387595
That fag was shitposting. Only a shitposter or severely delusion anon would think that making shitty youtube gaymer pleasediepie videos is real work that someone should strive for.
>>
>>56378879
Can u stop talkin shit and tell us what u do for a living
>>
>>56374956
Isn't YouTube's CEO some Slav chick? I knew shit was gonna go down someday.Women ceos are fucking meme.
>>
>>56387612
What a bad analogy.
YouTube denying advertisements for certain videos doesn't deny said videos' existence.

It's more like I don't care if that one shop doesn't sell potatoes while every other shop is still free to sell potatoes.

Do you complain that the McDonald's corporation is allowing their restaurants to sell insects?
Insects are still legal to produce, sell and eat. In fact it's a very reasonable source of protein. If you don't like McDonald's policy, simply stop going there.
>>
>>56387639
*is not allowing their restaurants
>>
>>56386891
You're retarded, next on the hit list is anything political that isn't progressive enough, like Facebook and Twitter before them.
>>
>>56387622
Not him but I develop software for a living.
>>
>>56387651
>next on the hit list is anything political that isn't progressive enough, like Facebook and Twitter before them.
So what?
Just stop typing "youtube.com" in your browser's address bar if you don't like it.

Or you could buy enough Google shares to eligible to vote or sue as a shareholder. How many Google shares do you hold?
>>
>>56374956
Can't wait for that russian jew Vitaly, his degenerate pal Atwood and all the other "pranksturz" to go bankrupt.
>>
File: aicolonel.png (54KB, 135x196px) Image search: [Google]
aicolonel.png
54KB, 135x196px
Our role is not to control content, but to create context.
>>
so is that WWI channel fucked now? what about based Moly? dark times these
>>
>>56387423
>uses YouTube to watch monty python skits
Jesus you're that faggot who shouts out NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION aren't you?
>>
>>56387639
>If you don't like McDonald's policy, simply stop going there.
there's a lot of reasons why i don't go there, firstly i don't want to die.

But that's besides the point. By denying monetization to videos, youtube's gonna kill a lot of content. That's what they're trying to do anyway. That and giving more and more privilege and power to content creator coming from TV and other media, because they bring more money.
Yes at first content creator will go somewhere else, but there's nothing else really. Youtube just is the king in that category. So they'll get the fuck out or they'll come back, censoring themselves and making content in accordance to the ToS.
That's a well played censorship by youtube and you can't even call it censorship because they technically don't ban the videos, only the monetization. But the result will be the same. It's a new kind of censorship.
I'm sure you know money is everything in our society ?
>>
>>56387690
The viewer is free to give money to creators of their choosing. I regularly buy independent films and music.
For instance Red Letter Media got $50 from me in 2015-2016 alone. This is way more efficient than using advertisement companies as a middle men too.
>>
>>56387355
it's called capitalism, the new Youtube TOS is Socialist bullshit

with these new rules in place things that were there before will simply disappear and nothing will actually be created from them, the wonders of Socialism at work. It's all just general net loss and censoring.
>>
>>56387704
>things that were there before will simply disappear
Oh no! Civilization will collapse without 3rd rate YouTube videos.
>>
>>56387332
I guess that's relevant seeing as people only ever look towards music for their entertainment and nothing else at all
Oh wait that's retarded and you yourself are also retarded
>>
>>56387690
>By denying monetization to videos, youtube's gonna kill a lot of content.

Name ONE channel that will quit and isn't worthless clickbait garbage.
>>
File: IMG_0903.png (16KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0903.png
16KB, 917x1186px
>>56374956
The ToS didn't change, it was always like this. A part of it was explained better recently which YouTubers can now attribute to an issue they might have been having.

But I think vid.me is a good alternative that is still kind of in early stages.
>>
>>56387690
Thats just the way it works.
Google also killed a lot of content when they changed their search algorithm delisting and killing short videos because viral meme stuff got you the kids and teenies who you could milk for ad money.
The people who get left behind weren't the first and won't be the last.
>>
>>56387733
h3h3 productions and pewdiepie.
>>
>>56387704
It is still capitalism. Google-Youtube dicking its customers over is perfectly normal capitalism. They're a private entity, they do what they want and if people don't like that they can start their own video hosting company or find another with different terms.
>>
>>56387763
But I am ENTITLED to money for producing edgy grade school humor and saying "fuck" a lot.
>>
Surprised no-one has suggested the GNU Project endorsed self-hosted alternative to YouTube, MediaGoblin: http://mediagoblin.org/
>>
>>56387704
>socialism

The changes to youtube policy have absolutely nothing to do with socialism.

I strongly advise you to think deeply about the fact that you just blindly associated something you don't like with socialism. Seriously, it fully indicates that you've been politically indoctrinated. I'm not saying you should be socialist, but I am saying you clearly don't know what socialism actually is.
>>
>>56387595
OK, just because A LOT of people make videos about games doesn't mean thats the only thing on YouTube. Using an argument like that as if that's the only thing someone can aspire to do with videos on the Internet is stupid af

Also, you imply there's no bravery required to put yourself out there on the Internet, but you could never direct me to some of your own original content cause u have literally nothing to give to the world except the turds u drop.

Yea you could totally become the guy who cures cancer, if that's what u really want to do, but you and I both know you're not doing work that's benefitting humanity.
Ur just another schmuck who has nothing to give to the world except bitter spite and contempt for the people trying to bring about entertainment.
Keep working on that renewable energy source!

Jk, we both know you're cleaning shit out of toilets
>>
>>56387802
>Jk, we both know you're cleaning shit out of toilets
Imagine a world
a) without toilet cleaners
b) without YouTube 360 no scope montages
>>
>>56387802
>doesn't mean thats the only thing on YouTube
No shit, Youtube has massive amounts of untagged videos made by non-western users that can be found by searching for default filenames and timestamps, and they're anything from homework projects to security camera footage.
>>
>>56386908
This sums it up.
>>
I accidentally created a YT channel. I am no youtuber and I don't need that garbage so I deleted it immediately… Now all my history, search history and subscriptions are gone. Wat do?
>>
>>56387389
https://youtu.be/UUkj4h_Tq-0
>>
>>56387639
That was also a retarded analogy, the irony is pulpable lol

An actually applicable analogy is mcdonalds exists, and then there's a restaurant that let's u try other people's weird mcdonalds style food and u can even bring in ur own to try and sell it, and u can sell alcoholic shit too, but then after years and some people are making bank selling their alcoholic shit to adults, the store changes its policy so now only kid friendly shit is available, even though the place was largely popular because u could get a mcdonalds esque burger and a beer, so now all the people that wanted to sell beer have to find a new restaurant and hope it has anywhere near the level of fame as the original

Of course one scenario is a website and it's terms of service and another is restaurants selling potatoes or some shit, clearly u faggots don't get analogies on a fundamental level
>>
>>56387909
>the store changes its policy so now only kid friendly shit is available, even though the place was largely popular
>people that wanted to sell beer have to find a new restaurant
And the problem is?
>>
>>56387812
Just cause toilet cleaners are necessary doesn't mean they are good people or necessarily smart people

We cud reserve toilet cleaning to just rapists and retards and children who want to work and the world would only improve

Also
>Comparing toilet cleaners to 360 noscopers in a desperate bid for validation
Someone must very familiar with the inside of a toilet bowl lmao

>>56387837
There was literally no reason for u to tell me that besides ur need to feel smart
>>
>>56387611
There's a reason tv is based off ratings
>>
>>56387775
You're creating welfare for corporate entities with this TOS. You are shutting down one market to increase flow to another for the means of artificially increasing its revenue stream. It is Socialism.
>>
>>56387929
If u can't see the shittiness Im not gonna go through the trouble of explaining it to you, whether it be blinded by stupidity or just denial

Simply put, theres decent people, and then there's a whole Lotta u
>>
>>56387965
>restaurants should be obliged to sell my beer
Sure thing, m8.
>>
>>56387618
I never said u should strive to be pewdiepie, please learn to read

>>56387655
Good for u, anon
>>
>>56387970
>turning the argument into this
>it's ok to develop a massive user base directly because of your adult content rules and then restrict users from profiting off of adult content
M8, I almost let u b8 me
Clever girl...
>>
>>
>>56388003
>it's ok to develop a massive user base directly because of your adult content rules and then restrict users from profiting off of adult content
Correct.
If you think it's illegal, sue YouTube.
If you think it's legal but immoral, call your political representatives to change the law.
>>
>>56374988
First thing that came to my mind was how this is going to affect everyone's favourite aka pewdiepie. Aren't most of hes scary gaym videos full of rape jokes etc?
>>
>>56388004
This is going to be used for a lot more than just clickb8 channels, naive one.
>>
>>56388024
Name one.
>>
>>56388027
I can't name them cause they've all already been named.
>>
>>56388014
Has this ever been about whether or not it's legal? Obviously YouTube can do whatever the fuck they want with their site, thats why they make u agree to a fucking contract filled with pages of shit u would never read, this was never about whether YouTube could do this, so bringing that up outs you as a dick head straight up.

Is it immoral? Does the question really need to be asked?
>call your political representatives
Yea, right after I mail my letter to Santa and cast my vote for Bernie Sanders, faggot
>>
>>56388042
>fucking contract filled with pages of shit u would never read
Why didn't you read it?
It seems to me your "business plan" was not very solid to begin with, if you don't even read the contracts you're agreeing to.
>>
>>56388042
If it's legal, where's the problem?
If you don't like what they do with *their* property they have full right to do whatever they want to do with, don't use it.
>>
>>56374988
>US tv

So only leftist opinions will get any money.
>>
>>56388027
>any channel that isn't a dry news shit channel or a dry techshit channel

>any comedy channel

All this caters to is just mainstream media shitters who want a larger piece of the pie. If you check any Youtube channel associated with the mainstream or funded by it has pathetic views. Why? because people are sick of it
>>
Advertising is cancer to begin with, for a multitude of reasons.
The most abstract way in which advertising is damaging to society is by propagating the myth that you can acquire happiness and self-worth as a product. Drink this vitamin water and you'll be a better, more cultured person. In the long run this is of course beneficial to capitalism, but severely damaging to the psychological development of society as a whole. I'd be quite a happy camper if there was no advertising at all, anywhere.
>>
>>56374956
Pornhub anon
>>
>>56388094
Switch to a different pie company or, better yet, make your own pie elsewhere.
What else are you going to do anyway?
Complaining about YouTube on an Anime image board won't get you anywhere.
>>
My main problem is that instead of demonetizing Minecraft and other let's play videos they demonetize Sargon of Akkad, Undoomed, EdgySphinx etc.
>>
>>56388113
I'm just trying to explain to people that this IS NOT beneficial whatsoever to the consumer.
>>
>>56388124
It's not beneficial to consumer, creator, advertiser or YouTube. Lose-lose-lose-lose situation here.
>>
I don't drink Ethanol, eat pie, or watch "h3h3".
Why should I care?
>>
>>56388115
So it's not OK when its done to content you like, but it's ok when it's done to content you don't like?

You're so dumb dude.

In before
>My tastes are better
>>
>>56388060
>>56388073
>it's legal so what's the problem?
>it's ok to do shitty things to your users
>you should have read the ToS anon ;)
Oh look, its the edgemeisters, who like to justify and defend the assholes in any argument because literally all they can do is play devils advocate and show off their grade 1 troll skills

Also, why would reading the ToS even matter if this is an update? You're so fucking dumb.
>>
File: Motion Pictography.png (153KB, 1254x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Motion Pictography.png
153KB, 1254x1138px
>>56388165
>My tastes are better
But they are.
Actual high quality content can be found on Vimeo anyway.
>>
>>56375108
>Well you can monetize them, but you have to be a company like CNN with sheckles to throw to Google for a pass.
That's the biggest problem with this. You think they're really turn off ad money for some big music artist because he swears in a song? Fuck no. How the rules will apply depends on who you are.
>>
>>56388177
>complains about the ToS he obviously hasn't read
>why would reading the ToS even matter
3/10 bait.
>>
>>56388165
Gaming channels are so rare, it's a gem to find them.
I don't approve anyone's demonetization though. Everyone should be paid as it's time consuming. It's a work.
But they demonetized me, they demonetized channela above, soon it'll be illegal to post anti-SJW videos.
>>
>>56388181
Can u please adopt a trip so I can filter u? I don't wanna share a board with someone like you. If you're genuine, you're a pretentious fag and if you're being ironic, you're a pretentious fag, so please make yourself a little less anonymous
>>
File: alg-vietnam-war-protest-jpg.jpg (101KB, 635x524px) Image search: [Google]
alg-vietnam-war-protest-jpg.jpg
101KB, 635x524px
People will take to the streets because pewdiepie and h3h3 quit. Not.
>>
>>56388192
I'm sorry to see u couldn't keep up, anon
>>
based
>>
YouTube just became a lot more appealing, now that they rid themselves of vulgar slime that only uploaded videos (((content))) out of pure greed to begin with.
>>
>>56375184
/thread
>>
>>56388203
>striving for quality and cerebralism in the arts is pretentious
Interesting world view.
>>
File: 1470647563109.png (89KB, 1272x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1470647563109.png
89KB, 1272x1152px
Millennial cucks on suicide watch
>>
>>56388181
Where is the average YouTube video on this chart?
>>
So, actual quality content like Maddox or Rucka Rucka Ali are not allowed anymore. This means they either have to go somewhere else, where they don't even have one third of the reach they've got with YT, or that they will change their content to be allowed.

How's this a good thing? This is horrible (unless, of course, you're an autistic contrarian hat.)

Companies like YT and Facebook don't make any of the content, user's do; they are also frequented by most of the Internet users and have enough money and influence to do what they want without repercussions. Not only that, but they have those bullshit user-targeting algorithms to make sure you watch what they want you to watch.

They're controlling content and users.

The worst part is that even if people go to Dailymotion or Video, they can use any of their puppet companies to sue for copyright or any other bullshit to shut them down/make sure they ban the same content.

Users are not free anymore, this is a walled garden.

The worst part is that they're gonna reintroduce those channels in the future as paid services.

Google killed the Internet and Facebook is it's coffin.
>>
Rip Leafy, fuck that cancerous channel, I have no idea how he even got 4m subscribers.
>>
>>56388312
>are not allowed anymore.
False. They can still upload videos.
>This means they either have to go somewhere else
Yes. This is the beauty of capitalism. New competition can arise now.
>They're controlling content and users.
It's entirely up to the producers whether they upload content or not.
>>
File: 1472643747774.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1472643747774.png
56KB, 491x585px
>>56387853
Nothing, you dun goofed.
>inb4 >using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
FYI, some """YouTuber""" made this thread and will reuse your thoughts in his next """original content""" because that's all he knows, rehashing and dumbing down existing material.
>>
>>56388115
Is that le epic internet aristocrat? Good riddance, tell him to get a job lool
>>
>>56386874
You're missing the point. It's the news stories you report, not your use of language.
>>
>>56388412
wt f I hate Youtube now.
>>
>>56387758
I know it's not the first time, but can't you see the pattern here ? Can't you see they're walking a certain road ?
>>
>>56388764
Nobody is forced to type "youtube.com" in their browser's address bar.
>>
Youtube losing the monopoly on web video would be a great thing.

Maybe some people will realize that the internet is more than just Google and Facebook.
>>
Vimeo
>>
>>56388871
How does Vimeo treat "edgy" content like racism?
>>
>>56388801
man seriously i don't know if you're doing it on purpose...
Youtube is one of the biggest sites ever, watch by so many peoples, by the "mass" of people. If you control the content on that website, you can influence so many things. Remember the human brain is very easy to manipulate.
>>
I like to eat horse meat but I don't complain about stores that don't sell it, or stopped selling it.
>>
>>56388894
Then maybe you should educate the public on alternatives to YouTube, but all I see in this thread is whining and bitching about YouTube.
>>
>>56388892
You can upload racist videos to RacistTube or whatever these is. Or start your own racist video hosting service if you care enough. NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU but your own sense of entitlement.
>>
It's a new thing but Minds.org is up now. It's like a Facebook that isn't just for normies.
>>
>>56384834
ebaums world
>>
>>56384975
Hosting costs money.
Hosting large quantities of data such as videos costs lots of money.
Who's gonna pay?
>>
File: 1444261490186.jpg (109KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1444261490186.jpg
109KB, 900x900px
>>56378489
This has to be bait. No one can actually be this retarded
>>
>>56387324
If someone gets enough views on each and every video he produces, he will get noticed either by external sponsors or people will be inclined to donate money via Patreon/Paypal to him.

What's the problem kid, not getting returns quick enough? That money you took from mommy and daddy to buy the gaming r-- i mean rendering workstation and canon DSLR to shoot your funny meme review videos isn't gonna pay itself off in the first year like you thought it would? Tough luck.
>>
>>56386273
>YouTube is ruined!
>googled that literally
>this video pops up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTWxhxOnuFE

hah
just listen to the first minute of this clip
"we cant make any funny videos anymore"
>>
>>56390361
I cry and pray for humanity.
>>
>>56390361
Worse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8v85UyIKwY

>"that's what YouTube Kids is for"
>literally a video for 12 year olds
>watch me pretending i'm a real soldier in video games
>>
>>56390473
those sound levels
fuck
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.