[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"we cant trust the nsa, they lie to us!" >"get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
53KB, 300x300px
>"we cant trust the nsa, they lie to us!"
>"get a vpn!"
>puts 100% faith into random companies simply because their site says something like "no more spying!" without even considering that they could be operated by the nsa or similar agencies or simply be lying about their logging policies

why do you guys put so much trust into vpn services?
>>
>security on public Wi-Fi
>Privacy from your ISP
>Privacy from the sites you visit
>P2P & pirating
>Fast speeds unlike free proxies and tor

They aren't meant to prevent NSA spying, but they still have other uses
>>
>>56370917
NSA spying is OS level.

Even if the VPN is above board, you are still giving the NSA everything if you are running Windows 7 or later.

That is not the purpose of a VPN.
>>
>>56370994
/thread
>>
I've read that NSA spies on users on CPU level, but how is that possible, can anoyne explain?
>>
>>56370994
>>56371750
This. /thread, Oh and PIA includes a Proxy.

>>56371766
Anti-theft I think it is
>>
Because there is money involved. If they were giving info to the NSA then people would notice and not use their VPNs anymore.
>>
>>56371788
lol
>>
>>56371803
It's true. People who torrent shit have never been caught if they use a VPN. Obviously VPN providers are keeping their activity on the down low.

However not all VPNs are trustworthy, there has to be a honeypot VPN somewhere.
>>
>>56371839
double lol

did you even read the earlier posts?
>>
>>56371336
someone make a bare metal / bios-type vpn
>>
>>56370917
I just use one to access geo restricted content. I don't really care about the NSA.
>>
>>56371900
I did and they're irrelevant. The NSA can't spy on you through your CPU. OS level spying is limited to corporations collecting info about you (not the NSA) and only applies to Windows 10, the other versions of windows won't spy on you as long as you don't install telemetry updates.
>>
>>56371938
Check out Qubes with Whonix gateway. Not quite to that level but close.

For what it's worth, there was a former NSA guy who have a Sky talk at DEF CON this year that said he put some stock in PIA's claims. That plus the article on TorrentFreak citing when the FBI sent them a subpoena and couldn't give them shit gives a bit more reason to check them out.
>>
>>56370917

There are basically no ways to prevent spying from a global attacker. If you are SERIOUSLY concerned about the NSA, like you're planning to assassinate the president of the united states of america (hi nsa), then you need to go underground with paper or un-networked computers.
>>
>>56372448
ISIS seems to do fairly well with privacy through encryption desu.
>>
>>56370994
This

If you're going to do something flagrantly illegal that the NSA would care about, you'd better have a dedicated burner laptop that has never connected to your home network.

But if you're just pirating the Drew Carey show and Mr. Robot, PIA is pretty dank
>>
>>56371947

You are literally the dumbest person i have ever encountered on /g/.

Most modern CPU's have anti-theft software baked into them. If that has a backdoor or a weakness then the NSA can pwn you right at the CPU level.

Limited to corporate spying? you do know that Microsoft can email the NSA with the shit they find, or more likely, just give the NSA access to the stored information. They likely don't have a choice and cannot tell anyone because of a gag order.

Jesus Fuck, next you're gonna tell me that unsecured wifi is better than secured because someone else might use it and get mistaken for you.
>>
>>56372484

I would respond seriously but you can shove your desu up your gaping asshole you fucking jap-wannabe nigger.
>>
>>56372518
You fucking asshole made me spit out my water. Thanks for the chuckle, nigger.
>>
>>56372518
Lol
>>
>>56371788
>If they were giving info to the NSA then people would notice
they would not notice
>>
CIA niggers are a bigger threat than the NSA
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.