[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Lenovo Thinkpads comparable to the original IBMs? I plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: t420.jpg (15KB, 480x397px) Image search: [Google]
t420.jpg
15KB, 480x397px
Are the Lenovo Thinkpads comparable to the original IBMs? I plan on running Debian, but I don't know if I trust Lenovo after superfish and all the backdoor bullshit. I was thinking about the T420.
>>
>>56366481
last real one was x220
>>
Isn't the lenovo spyware only applicable to Windows 10 anyway? And anyone who uses windows 10 don't have any reasonable privacy anyway so it is not like they lose anything. I mean if it already comes with this malware preinstalled then there are no moral problems with adding their own little spyware variation.
>>
>>56366500
That shit is still suspicious
>>56367030
>Isn't the Lenovo spyware only applicable to Windows 10 anyway?
No, it's for all Windows-based operating systems.
>>
>>56366481
>Are the Lenovo Thinkpads comparable to the original IBMs

No

>I don't know if I trust Lenovo after superfish and all the backdoor bullshit.

You shouldnt
But a t420 is old enough, they werent spying on the T series back then.

> I was thinking about the T420.

Build quality is garbage, but its the last series before they really went downhill
>>
>>56366481
T4x0s have a shitty screen

otherwise pretty durable and versatile, but not as much as the T60 era machines, which also had very good screens

but then again, T60s/T400s/T500s were heavy as fuck
>>
Anything past the --20 series (x220, T420, T520, etc) are to be avoided, honestly.

That is when Lenovo basically threw the ThinkPad brand and reputation under a few buses on an oval track and just kept running over them for 500 fucking laps.

Fuck you, Lenovo, you can't even make ThinkPads in proper matte black anymore.
>>
>>56368043

>zipping along on my X201T right now

cpu and system board speeds are decent enough the past 5 years that people can just buy old unused corporate tech and not notice any difference other than paying premium for what just came out 3 months ago
>>
If it does not say "IBM" on it, it is not a thinkpad.
>>
>>56367949
lol poorfag
>le old thinkpads are better meme
>>
File: gen.png (399KB, 1047x780px) Image search: [Google]
gen.png
399KB, 1047x780px
>>56368043
This
They're getting closer and closer to Walmart tier every gen
>>
>>56368098
early Shitovo still maintained the IBM design standard

they didn't have time to fuck the brand up yet to squeeze margins
>>
>>56368128
maybe if the retro thinkpad ever actually gets made they'll realize their mistakes
>>
File: csm_P1060077_Kopie_05_38c7f73472.jpg (237KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
csm_P1060077_Kopie_05_38c7f73472.jpg
237KB, 1600x1200px
>>56366481
No, HP is better now
>>
>>56368157
it's a marketing stunt
even if it happens it will be an overpriced one time thing for """"enthusiasts"""" and they will continue making the same garbage

Standard decent features on a laptop are considered a """"retro'""""" thing now. Welcome to the age of the macbook and its clones
>>
File: DHill_Timemachine3.png (231KB, 650x1014px) Image search: [Google]
DHill_Timemachine3.png
231KB, 650x1014px
>>56368157
>no trackpad buttons
>christmas tree logo
>normal features every other laptop has are now considered "retro"
>>
>>56368157
It's just a meme to keep the vocal idiots (ie. ThinkPad fans) happy.
>>
>>56367949
>they werent spying on the T series back then
They willingly collaborated to have a chip installed on mobo containing a hardware-level rootkit (computrace).
>>
>>56368186
top kek

t. T460 owner.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.