[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

46% of Incoming Computer Science Majors in UIUC's College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

What a time to be alive

>That’s well above the 18 percent of women majoring in CS nationwide, and huge leap for UIUC over recent years: Last year 24 percent of the incoming CS class were women. In 2012 it was only 6 percent. Leonard Pitt, associate head of the computer science department at UIUC, said applications from high-caliber female students increased significantly this year, allowing them to admit a freshman class that was more gender inclusive.

http://chicagoinno.streetwise.co/2016/08/25/women-computer-science-majors-nearly-double-at-u-of-i/
>>
their husbands needed to give them something to do between cheating on them
>>
mmmhmmm now lets see how many graduate
>>
>>56363254
the standards will be lowered, otherwise the school is "sexist"
>>
>>56363037
hopefully they will enjoy a life of misery as the bread winner.

times are changing. i hope laws too. so many man deserve alimony.
>>
>>56363037
State college, lol.
Future feminazi sjw's in training.
>>
>>56363320
UIUC has one of the best CS programs in the world
>>
File: x75325709.jpg (9KB, 269x179px)
x75325709.jpg
9KB, 269x179px
>>56363037
>46% of Incoming Computer Science Majors in UIUC's College of Engineering Are Women

Now watch as bugs inexplicably and in no way related to this news start flooding all important software, as major operating systems go crashing down, witness the crippling of world economy and major banks, critical malfunctions, several nuclear disasters and inaccurate weather reports.
>>
>>56363360
Sure, if by best you mean worst.
>>
I'm in CS here at UIUC, and this isnt a bad thing. All of you may be quick to judge, but I have noticed the females hold their weight just as well as the males do.
>>
Some will drop out, most will pass, and the labor pool will grow even more while software companies complain about shortages.

>>56363489
You're right. The males are equally shit.
>>
We had a large number of women at the start of my CS program. Now in the final year, I would say it's only about 15% women and they are all Chinese or Indian, with the occasional Russian.
>>
File: gay1.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gay1.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>>56363320
>public universities are bad
>>
>>56363254
Top of the class female computer scientists will be handed the men's exercise for bonus points.
>>
how many will end up working on llvm?
>>
>>56363502
Are Russian girls harder working/smarter than Western girls?
>>
Now we know why Pajeet is taking over the computer industry.
>>
>>56363489
Thank you for Correcting the Record. $0.01 have been transfered to your account. Have a good day.
>>
>>56363512
ever since the gov started funding them? yeah they're bad, not as bad as most private schools though.
>>
this is how the West falls
>>
>>56363037
Wow
I guess India will now actually become the next compooting superpooer
>>
>>56363496
This. Everyone on /g/ likes to believe that women are stupid, and they're right, but they fail to acknowledge that men are also fucking idiots (case in point: the people on /g/)
>>
>>56363496
>equally
Is that why 99% of achievements are completed by men?
>>
>>56363438
Don't worry, the pajeets have that covered.
>>
who else here teaching /girlswhocode/?

So ready to join the #sisterhood
>>
>>56364336
Gonna message this one and tell then there's a pedo helping them.
>>
>>56364379
already passed my background check though anon :^)
>>
>>56363037
What percent of them graduate though?
Here at UCF it looks half and half at first but now I'm in upper level classes with like 2 girls per 70 students
>>
>>56364406
where do they normally go? Like, do they all transfer to IT or into other sciences?
>>
>>56364418
No fucking clue. It's not IT.
>>
>>56364336
Why is it that every fucking webinar I've had to watch is hosted by a guy with a built in mic from 2008?

God damn.
>>
File: 3.png (115KB, 239x221px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
115KB, 239x221px
>>56364235
Just because the extremely small minority of people who matter happen to be mostly male doesn't mean that roughly 50% of the population is hot shit.
>>
>>56363838
That's quite an alarmist exaggeration. Women in engineering won't cause the downfall of society.

What makes you think it won't improve it?
>>
>>56364475
Ignore /pol/ posts. Do not respond to /pol/ posters.
>>
>>56363449
http://csrankings.org/
>>
File: 1469659098269.jpg (62KB, 306x306px)
1469659098269.jpg
62KB, 306x306px
>don't want girls anywhere near them
>can't imagine why their dating life is nonexistent
>>
>>56364596
Le strawman
>>
>>56364537
>literally "women's study PhDs are true scientists": the post
>>
>>56363438
Nup.

They'll just promote out all the incompetent women into management positions so that you have to spend half your day reply to passive aggressive emails from people who don't understand what you do.

Thus, the people who do the work and create all the value will be paid even less while the people who can't do the work will spend their days in meetings and writing emails and organizing bake sales and getting paid more than you. All in the name of diversity.

I'm not bitter, I swear.
>>
>>56364474
You've obviously never worked in a "diverse" workplace. The majority of people who know what they're doing are white males. Some are not, and some white males are shit. But without a doubt, everything would collapse without the white males.
>>
>Your uni will never train female "relievers" to suck the Ducks of us men from under our desks as we code away
Why live
>>
>>56363438
Aren't men right now doing that?
>>
>>56365222
Won't be for long ;^)
>>
>>56364977
>Thus, the people who do the work and create all the value will be paid even less while the people who can't do the work will spend their days in meetings and writing emails and organizing bake sales and getting paid more than you.
2real
;_;
>>
>>56363287
Actually NOBODY deserves alimony.
>>
>>56363561
Russian and Japanese girls working hard in technology are indeed smarter.

I'm trying to wonder what the our American women failing us.
>>
>>56364596
I've reformed my ways.
so how long until i get pussy?
>>
File: ItsATrap.jpg (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ItsATrap.jpg
170KB, 500x500px
>>56363502
How many of them are 'women' as opposed to women?
>>
File: kingLUTSEN0915c4.jpg (157KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
kingLUTSEN0915c4.jpg
157KB, 620x349px
>>56363037

Any job that doesn't demand physical labor will be the domain of females. Just look at the healthcare industry.

Go to any doctors office. All you see is a few male doctors, and 20 morbidly fat-ass females waddling around between coffee breaks.

Programming is absolutely perfect for women. No physical labor required, and they can write code, with a child on one teet, and their lover on the other.

Take note boys, the tech field has been tainted. LEARN A TRADE. Plumbing, electrical, pipe fitting, carpentry. Anything that requires labor and skill.

Believe me, in the long run you'll be happy you won't have to deal with the drama of female co-workers.
>>
>>56366519
>so how long until i get pussy?

Shortly after you've committed a violent crime.
>>
>>56365057

women are shit at CS but that does not mean the world would not fall apart without them

the only reason we do anything is to get laid
>>
>>56367828

women do not have the attention span to deal with boring code all day long, they are not set up for that, they are set up for emotional drama not writing some trick of logic to get an output from a machine
>>
>>56367828
>and they can write code
No, they can't You have to an autistic retard to be a good programmer. Because programming is a way of life and you have to be a complete autist to enjoy such life.
>>
>>56368045
Programmer these days means code monkey with some grasp of the hippest webdev framework of the month.

Whatever that needs a savant autist to get done is likely an small but already full niche.
>>
>>56367828
I've met some pretty savvy women but I've never met one that could program. Not once.

Even the chick that was always doing programming competitions, she would just latch on to a new group every time since nobody would agree to work with her a second time.
>>
>>56366382
They will pay for this. Praise kek.
>>
>>56367828

>Programming is absolutely perfect for women
>they can write code

implying programming is just about writing code. Unless you aren't technically minded and have ability to take a lot of information fastly and connect them together, you won't be a programmer, you will be just a coder.

Many people fail both boys and girls, because they guess that programming isn't for them and writing code is nothing.

That's why mentioned Russian and Indian girls are very good programmers. I had Russian female lecturer in programming and I know that they are very good.
>>
>>56363037
CS degrees are a shitty meme

I know because that's my major. If I could hit redo I'd do accounting
>>
>>56363266
standards are already pretty low. I did CS purely as elective subjects and I was topping the classes with little study, coasting along like always. I was in classes where there would be like 4-5 unique implementations of an assignment out of a class of 30, and everyone else would copy from the few people who actually know how to program and were willing to share their work.

Don't even get started on non programming topics. Distributed Computing course was a farce in terms of people not getting it. Then I see them graduating with full undergrad CS degrees (one with goddamn honours somehow).
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.