[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fresh install of windows 7 sp1 >manually check for windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (16KB, 211x255px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
16KB, 211x255px
>fresh install of windows 7 sp1
>manually check for windows updates at 6:00pm
>"checking for updates..."
>still going at 11:00pm
>go to sleep
>wake up at 7:00am
>it's still checking for updates

what the literal fuck is wrong with windowsfags
>>
Download the roll up and install it with wusa you stupid fuck
>>
>>56361420
i installed the rollup, restarted, and started the update process again after that.

6 hours and counting again, still "checking for updates..." and still no end in sight.

trash operating system
>>
>>56361511
You're a special kind of idiot aren't you? I guess you'll just have to go chrome os or apple if windows is too complicated for you
>>
youre supposed to disable that
>>
I think my version of Windows 7 is shitting itself finally. It keeps shutting down randomly without warning. I don't really know if the updates that I could install are really security updates or just Microsoft tricks to make my computer even more insecure than it already is, nor what I have downloaded already could be behind the recent failures. It's very strange...
>>
>i don't know how to install ubuntu: the thread
>>
>>56361385
It's like that when you first start updates. It gets faster the more times you update. Updating with wusa is faster, though.

I do recommend hiding the w10 and telemetry updates, though.

>>56361927
Updates near the release of w7 are mainly for stability. That's the only point of updating a windows machine.

>>56361998
>keeps shutting down randomly without warning
You might've heard this a million and a half times, but are you 100% positive it isn't an overheating issue? If it isn't a heating issue, it implies either corrupt files, a virus, or you're wrong and it is a heating issue.
>>
>>56362046

>You might've heard this a million and a half times, but are you 100% positive it isn't an overheating issue? If it isn't a heating issue, it implies either corrupt files, a virus, or you're wrong and it is a heating issue.

I did scans of my system with different antivirus software and nothing came up. My laptop is no hotter now than it has been at other times. I'm pretty sure it's neither nor. It really is strange. I've been meaning to move to GNU/Linux for a while now, but my machine was built for Windows 7 so I have to get another one but that costs cash I don't have at the moment.
>>
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
>>
>>56361385
they literally stopped all suppotr for it in order to hire less pajeets for wangblows X
>>
>>56361385
MS broke it in the long run of update the update of the update mechanism updating the update manager. The only question which remains is: did they stop caring or did they do it to kill it faster?

0) install W7 with SP1
1) install KB3102810
2) install WindowsUpdateAgent-7.6
3) install KB3020369
4) install KB3172605
5) install BIG cumulative thing kb3125574

Restart between steps when PC asks to, or you may get stuck.
After this, update will work and you will be missing like ~50 updates.

>And this, you may don't want these installed:
wusa /uninstall /kb:3068708 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3022345 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3075249 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3080149 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3021917 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:971033 /quiet /norestart
>>
>>56362140
It doesn't necessarily have to feel hot to be a thermal issue. Failing capacitors will often cause a computer to shut off once they reach their operating temperature. How old is your laptop?
>>
>>56361757
>chrome os
I can only laugh so hard sir
>>
>>56361998
this
>>
File: 1469890359140.png (1MB, 2646x4560px) Image search: [Google]
1469890359140.png
1MB, 2646x4560px
This isn't normal, but on Windows, it is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.