[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have job interview in monday have to work Delphi in lazarus-IDE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: bcParser-Lazarus-IDE.jpg (259KB, 1158x761px) Image search: [Google]
bcParser-Lazarus-IDE.jpg
259KB, 1158x761px
Have job interview in monday
have to work Delphi in lazarus-IDE in 4 days, and make some project in it.
Anyone worked in that shit?
>>
>>56360186
>Delphi
topkek
>>
>>56360207
pls kill me

but they pay good though
>>
anyway I thought to connect to database and make some simple, program to enter new people and search them.
>>
pls respon
>>
>>56360186
I worked on a medical GUI system written in Delphi about 10 years ago.

There's good money in Delphi because it's often used for niche applications in areas that tend to keep legacy software for decades, like medical.

Think COBOL just for the desktop.
Except Delphi is quite tolerable to work with.
>>
>>56360786
Sounds good. Good luck.
>>
>>56360186
Embarcadero's IDE worked pretty well
>>
>>56360186
>have to work Delphi in lazarus-IDE

lol is it 2003 again?
>>
Practical experience with Delphi will leave a better mark in your CV than the latest hip framework or meme-functional language.
It proves that you're able to work with established old systems of which the world is full of.
>>
>>56360186
I had a comp sci class in school. It wasn't very good, but we did learn Delphi (and visual basic).

My teacher didn't really seem to know what it does, but he was very adamant about us using
option explicit
at the beginning of every project. And to make a new folder for each project so that we don't overwrite old ones.
>>
>>56360186

Red flag OP.

If the company in question haven't moved to C# like 99% of the civilized Delphi world then you're going to be stuck providing first line support to retarded clients and fixing modules that broke in 2002.
>>
>>56362330

Option explicit in both vb and Delphi enforces strong typing.

Strong typing basically won the design war and anything with weak typing is harmful.
>>
>>56362487
>fixing modules that broke in 2002.
= $$$
>>
>>56362487
They pay like 30% more than local .NET company
>>
Pajeet, who works for pennies, generally doesn't know Delphi. Pajeet knows C# and Java.
>>
File: 1420560395982.webm (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1420560395982.webm
2MB, 1280x800px
>>
>>56360207
Object pascal is nice.
I worked on Delphi 5 and 7 for many years. Made good money with it.

I do not know the modern Delphi. But is decent, oo, typed language with nice constructs and well ordered.
>>
>>56363789

That is really impressive
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.