[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm first year in uni, first week, and currently sitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1451203623239.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1451203623239.gif
929KB, 264x320px
I'm first year in uni, first week, and currently sitting in a class where people are literally struggling with hello world for the second fucking day in a row they honest to god can't get fucking hello world compiled because the professor's accent is bad and they couldn't understand his short intro to Java syntax (oviously I don't mean to imply he's to blame for this).

These fucking retards signed up for a CE/CS degree having literally no programming experience, or even interest at all. This class is going to be entirely in Java and we will be learning only OOP. Nobody here except the professor of course has an appreciation or desire for deeper understanding of the field or actual education other than "well this sounds cool I'll just sample it this semester" I mean holy fucking christ this is such a shitty STEM school I can't even believe it.

I'm here because it's the only uni that would accept me because my HS grades were trash.
If I work hard for the next 2 or 3 semesters, and get something presentable to show to a better STEM uni, do you all think I could transfer? Does anyone have any experience with similar situations?
>>
Does this look like your blog?
>>
>>56359573
Yeah but you can unsub by clicking le meme arrow then clicking hide
>>
>>56359171
That's why we call it 'meme'.
EE feels more comfy for me.
>>
>>56359171
this is your moment to slay vagina in your free time
>>
>>56359171
you're so intemilligent
>>
>>56359171
>>56359762
intelligiment*
>>
>>56359171
>>56359762
>>56359781
intelligere
>>
>>56359762
I swear I am legitimately worried. This is not meant to be a "look at me" post or a "circlejerk over our problems with people" post, this is a selfish post I made because I am worried for my future.
>>
>>56359171
Why do you care so much? If they're as bad at it as you say, you won't see them in your programming class next semester.
>>
>>56359171
>le new in CS meme
many of those people you joke about today are going to be better at programming than you, especially with that dumb attitude of yours

just wait around a year and see who's leftover,
those that are left will be the competent guys,
you never know - you might be amongst those LEAVING-
>>
File: 1470921248335.png (685KB, 2267x1763px) Image search: [Google]
1470921248335.png
685KB, 2267x1763px
Welcome to every intro CS class ever. My CS1 class has a drop-out rate of over 50%, and something like 70% of people switch out the program before the first year is up.

Just crank it out, bruv. When I was job hunting my experience was that no one cared about my school. I was contacted regularly once I got job experience, personal site set up, and personal projects on display.
>>
>>56359171
You're a freshman, which means any class you take is going to be garbage if you're of reasonable intelligence. It's probably a weed-out course designed to discourage the normies you hate so much. Get to 2nd semester soph year and then you can complain.
>>
>>56359879
Source: Junior ELE maj/ CS min
>>
Don't worry, The last time I saw a CS class It had a 80% failiure rate :/
>>
>>56359171
Nother everyone gets into programming in middle or high school. My only computereal class was intro to Web in hs. Then I went on to be a CS major. Some of the concepts can be hard especially if there is a bad teacher. Especially on the second day of class after a summer vacation. In my senior year I had issues my first week back because I did zero coding during the summer. Chill the fuck out man. Everyone learns at a different rate. If you are that much ahead, just get the homework done and skip class.
>>
My local Uni has an informatics degree, and it has a very nice amount of specializations to choose from (the specialization is around 21-14 cr hours)

if I want to work in infosec or networking, is this a good choice?
>>
Why do you pay that much for something you could be learning on your own ?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.