[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>oldish computer >4gb RAM >3.2ghz CPU >mediocre video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1469900231826.jpg (85KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469900231826.jpg
85KB, 1080x720px
>oldish computer
>4gb RAM
>3.2ghz CPU
>mediocre video card
>Windows 10 forced its merciless dick of update into my PC when I wasn't looking
>now it runs like a snail on 12 xanax and sounds like a blender full of nails

What do? I ordered more RAM, but is there anything else I can do to make it run adequately? I'm willing to give Windows 10 a try, and tinker with the OS to make it a little more bearable. Are there any sites that show you GPUs/video cards that are compatible with your machine?

Microsoft should really be getting sued left, right and centre for forcing such a bloated OS onto machines that can't run it effectively.
>>
>>56355915
What did you have on it before ? You could try clean installing Windows 10, the upgrade usually fucks something up.
>>
GNU is your lord and savior. Fuck Microsoft and fuck Windows.
>>
maybe you should go forwards a step and backwards a few numbers.

living with windows 10 only creates stockholm syndrome.
>>
Install gentoo.
>>
>4gb of ram
>not idling at 160mb with arse linux
>>
>>56355915
U need moar GIGAHURTZ bro!
>>
bump haha
>>
>>56355969
Windows 8.1 I think. I've heard clean installing any Windows OS is a pain in the ass, but I'll look into it. Mind you, it's running a lot slower that it should theoretically. Why the fuck aren't Microsoft getting an earful for these shitty updates?

>>56355999
Oh don't sorry. My laptop is on Ubuntu. I don't use Windows for anything related to doing important shit. Just gaymez and editing and writing.

>>56356278
Ubuntu on 4gb is priddy smooth sailing fampai.

>>56356367
My processor is fine, but my GPU is some old Radeon bullshit.
>>
you bought this on yourself by installing windows 10 on that piece of shit

roll back, upgrade your hardware or install gentoo
>>
>>56355915
Install 7, 8.1 and 10 will use more resources, especially 10 because it tries to spy constantly. Remove the bloat and install Spybot anti-beacon if you want to stay on 10. It won't help much, but it could improve your performance.
>>
>>56355915
Get a SSD and install your OS on it and you will be much happier. Windows is pretty bad about doing random pointless disk I/O in the background and with a mechanical hard drive that makes things unusable.

Also if your AMD video card is older than the 6xxx series you might want to upgrade as there's no proper driver support for it.

Remember to blow the dust out while you're in there too.
>>
>>56355915
>Wangblows 10
>moar RAM
kys faggot
>>
>>56359336
not really a pain in the ass, just backup everything important you need and download drivers before doing a clean install.
>>
Ssd
Win 7
Fuck ram youre fine
Buy 8xxx series gpu
>>
>>56359370
>bought
Read the post you fucking invalid.

>>56359474
How can I roll back to 7 from 10?

>>56360303
SSD expensive. Me broke.
>>
>>56360441
Pretty sure "bought" was a typo and he meant "brought". Torrent an ISO if you don't have one already. Then just wipe your drive and install 7. Back up any data you need.
>>
>>56361150
Or he's a retard with no reading comprehension.

Thanks. It's just so frustrating to try do anything on it at the moment because it's so slow, which is why I'm sticking extra RAM on it for now.
>>
File: 253d4482659407.jpg (497KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
253d4482659407.jpg
497KB, 1280x853px
>>56355915
Clean install W10 maybe?
If not, try W7, it ran better on my dad's old PC than W8 or W10
>>
>>56363000
By clean install, you mean wiping the HDD and installing it from an ISO on a CD?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.